• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

21 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

It's weird to think of the players that we were linked with or rumoured with that play for them...and how some of the price were seen as crazy and yet...its paid off.

only price I can see (at the time) being labelled as crazy is VVD

now it looks a bargain

we paid only 3m less for KEPA ffs

Alisson was I guess considered high as well, but still a bargain for the best or 2nd best (Oblak and him are pretty much equal) GK in the world

by then we ALL knew he was great

I get points for screaming to buy him the year before based off recs from my Brasilian mates (and some of my Bajan family who live in Brasil)

and less than what we paid for deh Kepa, grrrrrrr

no one else on the team was a big spend really

other than Keita at £54m (and there was an extra 10m or so involved in that 54m to lock him up, remember he did not come straight away), and I still say he comes good in a big way, as long as he stays healthy (his biggest issue), plus he is only 24 atm, soon 25yo

Fabinho is next highest at only £40m, and he is in the top 2 or 3 DMF's on the planet now

Mane and Salah both each cost less than Bakayoko, lolol

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No I wouldn't risk Lautaro. 

There is always a chance with Werner. Until it specifically comes out of his mouth he prefers Liverpool, there is a chance. The only reports about him and Liverpool contradict each other. One saying it's his preferred destination and another stating he denied wanting to go there because he wouldn't start.

Also reported Liverpool made a move for Havertz. Fairly certain Klopp will want to form him into another Firmino. 

Bild say much-wanted star fancies move to Liverpool – Signing for Reds is ‘preferred goal’

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bild-say-much-wanted-star-fancies-liverpool-move-klopp-p/

ENGLÄNDER BERICHTEN

Jetzt mischt auch Klopp im Werner-Poker mit

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/premier-league-liverpool-trainer-klopp-an-rb-leipzigs-werner-dran-67436962,jsPageReloaded=true.bild.html#remId=1609798987882374163

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No I wouldn't risk Lautaro. 

There is always a chance with Werner. Until it specifically comes out of his mouth he prefers Liverpool, there is a chance. The only reports about him and Liverpool contradict each other. One saying it's his preferred destination and another stating he denied wanting to go there because he wouldn't start.

Also reported Liverpool made a move for Havertz. Fairly certain Klopp will want to form him into another Firmino. 

so given that (I just gave you words out of his own mouth), who do you rate as proven, who would come here?

putting all your eggs in the Werner basket is madness

Havertz does not impress me as a number nine type btw

I can see Klopp wanting him as a Coutinho style player perhaps

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

only price I can see (at the time) being labelled as crazy is VVD

now it looks a bargain

we paid only 3m less for KEPA ffs

Alisson was I guess considered high as well, but still a bargain for the best or 2nd best (Oblak and him are pretty much equal) GK in the world

by then we ALL knew he was great

I get points for screaming to buy him the year before based off recs from my Brasilian mates (and some of my Bajan family who live in Brasil)

and less than what we paid for deh Kepa, grrrrrrr

no one else on the team was a big spend really

other than Keita at £54m (and there was an extra 10m or so involved in that 54m to lock him up, remember he did not come straight away), and I still say he comes good in a big way, as long as he stays healthy (his biggest issue), plus he is only 24 atm, soon 25yo

Fabinho is next highest at only £40m, and he is in the top 2 or 3 DMF's on the planet now

Mane and Salah both each cost less than Bakayoko, lolol

Pretty much. Hes been worth every penny. Then when they brought their goalie so much omg how much. Then we beat it..except ours is iffy lol.

The  you have Chamberlain sign for them and how he had signed for a worse team then us...well...

Guess cant always tell but still. 

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sorry I don’t read German. Where are his direct quotes? 

Hope I don't jinx it, but this match has 90th minute Bruno Fernandes penalty written all over it. Wolves dangerous but missing the final pass while United not troubling Wolves too much at all. So I'm sure Martial will dive for a soft pen and give them the 3 points.

49 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sorry I don’t read German. Where are his quotes? 

Werner nach Liverpool?

Nach BILD-Informationen ist die Premier League und Liverpool das bevorzugte Ziel des Nationalspielers. Die Frage ist nur, wann er wechseln will. Im vergangenen Sommer war der FC Bayern an ihm dran. Doch Werner hatte seinen Vertrag in Leipzig bis 2023 verlängert. Inklusive einer Ausstiegsklausel von zunächst 60 Mio Euro. Die soll sich aber von Jahr zu Jahr verringern.

Fakt ist: Werner passt in das Klopp-System. Fast identisch wie in Leipzig spielt Liverpool mit ultraschnellem Umschaltspiel. Seine enorme Schnelligkeit könnte Werner hervorragend ausspielen. Viel besser als im Ballbesitz-Fußball des FC Bayern. Zudem braucht Werner einen Trainer, der ihm absolutes Vertrauen schenkt und viel kommuniziert. Da müsste man sich bei Klopp wenig Sorgen machen.

Im Interview hatte Werner erst in der vergangenen Woche von der Insel geschwärmt: „Die Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga, das muss man ehrlich sagen. Da laufen jedes Wochenende viele Bayern Münchens und Real Madrids auf. Es hat ein gewisses Flair bekommen, englische Liga zu gucken und dort zu spielen.“

According to BILD information, the Premier League and Liverpool is the preferred goal of the international. The only question is when he wants to change. It was his turn last summer. But Werner had extended his contract in Leipzig until 2023. Including an exit clause of initially 60 million euros. But that should decrease from year to year.

The fact is: Werner fits into the Klopp system. Liverpool plays almost identical to Leipzig with an ultra-fast switching game. Werner could play his tremendous speed very well. Much better than in Bayern's possession football. Werner also needs a trainer who gives him absolute trust and communicates a lot. There should be little to worry about at Klopp.

In an interview Werner had only raved about the island (England) last week: “The Premier League is simply the most interesting league, you have to honestly say that. There are many Bavarian Munich and Real Madrid crowds every weekend. It got a certain flair to watch the English league and play there. ”

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/werner-premier-league-ist-einfach-die-interessanteste-liga_113357

Timo Werner braucht mit seiner Schnelligkeit mehr Räume“, erklärte Hasan Salihamidzic am gestrigen Mittwoch. Im Gegensatz dazu sei „Robert Lewandowski ein Stürmer ist, der zu unserer Spielweise ideal passt“. Ein Werner-Transfer war deshalb für den Rekordmeister kein Thema. Der Stürmer von RB Leipzig reagiert auf die Absage weltmännisch.

„Auch Lewandowski hat sein Spiel verändert“

„Ich glaube, da hat jeder seine eigene Meinung“, erklärt Werner gegenüber der ‚Bild‘ salomonisch, stellt jedoch fest: „Aber ganz unabhängig von seiner Aussage: Sie haben ja auch viele Spieler, wie Serge und Coman, die über die Außen mit Schnelligkeit kommen und in die Tiefe gehen. Aber natürlich hat er recht in dem Punkt, dass Lewandowski ein super Stürmer ist und sie vorne sehr gut besetzt sind. Ich glaube aber auch, dass gerade Lewandowski über die Jahre sein Spiel verändert hat. Weil er bei Bayern auf engstem Raum spielt, in Dortmund hat er unter Klopp auch Umschaltfußball gespielt.“

Werner erkennt dabei durchaus Parallelen zu sich: „Früher war Lewandowski ein Spielertyp, ähnlich wie ich, der tief geht und schnell umschaltet. Klar, wenn man älter wird verliert man vielleicht auch etwas diese ganz enorme Spritzigkeit, aber er hat sich aber auch an das Bayern-System anpassen und sich weiterentwickeln müssen, weil sie viel auf Ballbesitz ausgelegt sind. Ich kann nur über und für mich sprechen: Ich bin 23 und kann noch viele Sachen lernen. In Leipzig habe ich ja schon oft gezeigt, dass ich gegen tiefstehende Mannschaften treffen und mich gut in engen Räumen bewegen kann.“

Dass grundsätzlich über einen Wechsel nach München diskutiert wurde, will Werner nicht verneinen „Im Sommer gab es viele Überlegungen, unter anderem Bayern“, räumt der 23-jährige Rechtsfuß ein, „aber ich habe mich unter anderem für eine Verlängerung entschieden, weil ich mich hier sehr wohl fühle und weil ich mit Julian einen Trainer habe, der mich weiterbringen kann. Ich habe meine Ruhe, denn wenn ein Verein Interesse an mir hätte, müsste er sich aufgrund meiner Vertragslaufzeit an RB wenden.“

„Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga“

Wie viele Profis seines Kalibers träumt auch der gebürtige Stuttgarter vom Ausland – speziell von der englischen Premier League: „Irgendwann wäre das Ausland sicher einmal reizvoll. Ich spiele ja gerne bei Fritz-Walter-Wetter, deshalb wäre generell England auch nicht schlecht. Die Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga, das muss man ehrlich sagen. Da laufen jedes Wochenende viele Bayern Münchens und Real Madrids auf. Es hat ein gewisses Flair bekommen, englische Liga zu gucken und dort zu spielen.“

With his speed, Timo Werner needs more space, ”explained Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday. In contrast, "Robert Lewandowski is a striker who fits our style of play perfectly". A Werner transfer was therefore not an issue for the record champions. The RB Leipzig striker reacts to the refusal in a sophisticated manner.

"Lewandowski also changed his game"

'
"I think everyone has their own opinion," Werner explains to the 'Bild' Solomon, but states: "But regardless of what he said: You also have a lot of players, like Serge and Coman, who are involved with the outside world Speed come and go in depth. But of course he is right in the point that Lewandowski is a great striker and they are very well occupied in the front. But I also believe that Lewandowski has changed his game over the years. Because he plays in a confined space at Bayern, in Dortmund he also played switch soccer under Klopp. "

Werner recognizes parallels to himself: “In the past Lewandowski was a type of player, like me, who goes deep and switches quickly. Sure, as you get older you might lose something of this tremendous liveliness, but he also had to adapt to the Bayern system and develop because they are designed for possession of the ball. I can only talk about and for myself: I am 23 and can still learn a lot of things. In Leipzig I have often shown that I can meet low teams and move well in tight spaces. ”

Werner does not want to deny that there was a general discussion about a move to Munich. "There were many considerations in the summer, including Bavaria," admits the 23-year-old right-footer, "but I decided, among other things, for an extension because I decided to feel very comfortable here and because I have a trainer with Julian who can take me further. I have my peace of mind because if an association were interested in me, they would have to contact RB because of my contract term. ”

"Premier League is just the most interesting league"
Like many professionals of his calibre, the native of Stuttgart dreams of abroad - especially of the English Premier League: “At some point abroad would surely be attractive. I like to play with Fritz-Walter-Wetter, so England would not be bad in general. The Premier League is simply the most interesting league, to be honest. There are many Bavarian Munich and Real Madrid crowds every weekend. It got a certain flair to watch the English league and play there. ”

here is the entire original interview, but it is now behind a paywall

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/rb-leipzig-welche-liga-timo-werner-am-meisten-rezt-67346004,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

also

Fritz-Walter-Wetter means colder rainy weather

after the old German footballer Fritz Walter, who had chronic malaria from WWII and hated to play in the heat

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Werner nach Liverpool?

Nach BILD-Informationen ist die Premier League und Liverpool das bevorzugte Ziel des Nationalspielers. Die Frage ist nur, wann er wechseln will. Im vergangenen Sommer war der FC Bayern an ihm dran. Doch Werner hatte seinen Vertrag in Leipzig bis 2023 verlängert. Inklusive einer Ausstiegsklausel von zunächst 60 Mio Euro. Die soll sich aber von Jahr zu Jahr verringern.

Fakt ist: Werner passt in das Klopp-System. Fast identisch wie in Leipzig spielt Liverpool mit ultraschnellem Umschaltspiel. Seine enorme Schnelligkeit könnte Werner hervorragend ausspielen. Viel besser als im Ballbesitz-Fußball des FC Bayern. Zudem braucht Werner einen Trainer, der ihm absolutes Vertrauen schenkt und viel kommuniziert. Da müsste man sich bei Klopp wenig Sorgen machen.

Im Interview hatte Werner erst in der vergangenen Woche von der Insel geschwärmt: „Die Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga, das muss man ehrlich sagen. Da laufen jedes Wochenende viele Bayern Münchens und Real Madrids auf. Es hat ein gewisses Flair bekommen, englische Liga zu gucken und dort zu spielen.“

According to BILD information, the Premier League and Liverpool is the preferred goal of the international. The only question is when he wants to change. It was his turn last summer. But Werner had extended his contract in Leipzig until 2023. Including an exit clause of initially 60 million euros. But that should decrease from year to year.

The fact is: Werner fits into the Klopp system. Liverpool plays almost identical to Leipzig with an ultra-fast switching game. Werner could play his tremendous speed very well. Much better than in Bayern's possession football. Werner also needs a trainer who gives him absolute trust and communicates a lot. There should be little to worry about at Klopp.

In an interview Werner had only raved about the island (England) last week: “The Premier League is simply the most interesting league, you have to honestly say that. There are many Bavarian Munich and Real Madrid crowds every weekend. It got a certain flair to watch the English league and play there. ”

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/werner-premier-league-ist-einfach-die-interessanteste-liga_113357

Timo Werner braucht mit seiner Schnelligkeit mehr Räume“, erklärte Hasan Salihamidzic am gestrigen Mittwoch. Im Gegensatz dazu sei „Robert Lewandowski ein Stürmer ist, der zu unserer Spielweise ideal passt“. Ein Werner-Transfer war deshalb für den Rekordmeister kein Thema. Der Stürmer von RB Leipzig reagiert auf die Absage weltmännisch.

„Auch Lewandowski hat sein Spiel verändert“

„Ich glaube, da hat jeder seine eigene Meinung“, erklärt Werner gegenüber der ‚Bild‘ salomonisch, stellt jedoch fest: „Aber ganz unabhängig von seiner Aussage: Sie haben ja auch viele Spieler, wie Serge und Coman, die über die Außen mit Schnelligkeit kommen und in die Tiefe gehen. Aber natürlich hat er recht in dem Punkt, dass Lewandowski ein super Stürmer ist und sie vorne sehr gut besetzt sind. Ich glaube aber auch, dass gerade Lewandowski über die Jahre sein Spiel verändert hat. Weil er bei Bayern auf engstem Raum spielt, in Dortmund hat er unter Klopp auch Umschaltfußball gespielt.“

Werner erkennt dabei durchaus Parallelen zu sich: „Früher war Lewandowski ein Spielertyp, ähnlich wie ich, der tief geht und schnell umschaltet. Klar, wenn man älter wird verliert man vielleicht auch etwas diese ganz enorme Spritzigkeit, aber er hat sich aber auch an das Bayern-System anpassen und sich weiterentwickeln müssen, weil sie viel auf Ballbesitz ausgelegt sind. Ich kann nur über und für mich sprechen: Ich bin 23 und kann noch viele Sachen lernen. In Leipzig habe ich ja schon oft gezeigt, dass ich gegen tiefstehende Mannschaften treffen und mich gut in engen Räumen bewegen kann.“

Dass grundsätzlich über einen Wechsel nach München diskutiert wurde, will Werner nicht verneinen „Im Sommer gab es viele Überlegungen, unter anderem Bayern“, räumt der 23-jährige Rechtsfuß ein, „aber ich habe mich unter anderem für eine Verlängerung entschieden, weil ich mich hier sehr wohl fühle und weil ich mit Julian einen Trainer habe, der mich weiterbringen kann. Ich habe meine Ruhe, denn wenn ein Verein Interesse an mir hätte, müsste er sich aufgrund meiner Vertragslaufzeit an RB wenden.“

„Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga“

Wie viele Profis seines Kalibers träumt auch der gebürtige Stuttgarter vom Ausland – speziell von der englischen Premier League: „Irgendwann wäre das Ausland sicher einmal reizvoll. Ich spiele ja gerne bei Fritz-Walter-Wetter, deshalb wäre generell England auch nicht schlecht. Die Premier League ist einfach die interessanteste Liga, das muss man ehrlich sagen. Da laufen jedes Wochenende viele Bayern Münchens und Real Madrids auf. Es hat ein gewisses Flair bekommen, englische Liga zu gucken und dort zu spielen.“

With his speed, Timo Werner needs more space, ”explained Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday. In contrast, "Robert Lewandowski is a striker who fits our style of play perfectly". A Werner transfer was therefore not an issue for the record champions. The RB Leipzig striker reacts to the refusal in a sophisticated manner.

"Lewandowski also changed his game"

'
"I think everyone has their own opinion," Werner explains to the 'Bild' Solomon, but states: "But regardless of what he said: You also have a lot of players, like Serge and Coman, who are involved with the outside world Speed come and go in depth. But of course he is right in the point that Lewandowski is a great striker and they are very well occupied in the front. But I also believe that Lewandowski has changed his game over the years. Because he plays in a confined space at Bayern, in Dortmund he also played switch soccer under Klopp. "

Werner recognizes parallels to himself: “In the past Lewandowski was a type of player, like me, who goes deep and switches quickly. Sure, as you get older you might lose something of this tremendous liveliness, but he also had to adapt to the Bayern system and develop because they are designed for possession of the ball. I can only talk about and for myself: I am 23 and can still learn a lot of things. In Leipzig I have often shown that I can meet low teams and move well in tight spaces. ”

Werner does not want to deny that there was a general discussion about a move to Munich. "There were many considerations in the summer, including Bavaria," admits the 23-year-old right-footer, "but I decided, among other things, for an extension because I decided to feel very comfortable here and because I have a trainer with Julian who can take me further. I have my peace of mind because if an association were interested in me, they would have to contact RB because of my contract term. ”

"Premier League is just the most interesting league"
Like many professionals of his calibre, the native of Stuttgart dreams of abroad - especially of the English Premier League: “At some point abroad would surely be attractive. I like to play with Fritz-Walter-Wetter, so England would not be bad in general. The Premier League is simply the most interesting league, to be honest. There are many Bavarian Munich and Real Madrid crowds every weekend. It got a certain flair to watch the English league and play there. ”

here is the entire original interview, but it is now behind a paywall

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/rb-leipzig-welche-liga-timo-werner-am-meisten-rezt-67346004,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

also

Fritz-Walter-Wetter means colder rainy weather

after the old German footballer Fritz Walter, who had chronic malaria from WWII and hated to play in the heat

No where at all does he directly say he wants to join Liverpool. 

Literally no where. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No where at all does he directly say he wants to join Liverpool. 

Literally no where. 

According to BILD information, the Premier League and Liverpool is the preferred goal of the international. 

which comes from the previous interview here

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/rb-leipzig-welche-liga-timo-werner-am-meisten-reizt-67346004,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

we shall see who is right and who is wrong

I like my track record