The English Football Thread

Steve

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hope I don't jinx it, but this match has 90th minute Bruno Fernandes penalty written all over it. Wolves dangerous but missing the final pass while United not troubling Wolves too much at all. So I'm sure Martial will dive for a soft pen and give them the 3 points.

And we all know the refs love to give utd pens......they must remain somewhat relevant

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

According to BILD information, the Premier League and Liverpool is the preferred goal of the international. 

which comes from the previous interview here

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/rb-leipzig-welche-liga-timo-werner-am-meisten-reizt-67346004,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

we shall see who is right and who is wrong

I like my track record

According to X, should always be treated with a pinch of salt. I doubt Liverpool want him to begin with.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

According to X, should always be treated with a pinch of salt. I doubt Liverpool want him to begin with.

They would not say no ti him thats for sure........but they have a front 3 that are never injured and very lethal

Just now, Nicco said:

we shall see

I know some on here think he is lead pipe cinch to end up here and plan the summer around him and Sancho and Chilwell

I say no

in fact I can see us missing out on all 3

Sancho as a miss would most disturb me (I do think he is the most likely to truly want to come here)

Werner is my number one want at striker (with Lautaro also a co-number one, but I do not see us dropping that type of quid) but I do not see him coming here

Chilwell at £80m is absurd IMHO

I have very little faith in the board at a multiplicity of levels so my Negative Nancy stance is understandable

they are on a horrid all-round run and if we miss out on CL again and do not sell Kante and roll up another loss I can see a large amount of the monies gained from sales going to shore up our FFP standing

I am under no illusions that we are going to drop 400m plus gross in the summer window

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

They would not say no ti him thats for sure ........ but they have a front 3 that are never injured and very lethal

his game is tailor made for Klopp-ball and they can get him for half what he worth this summer

never underestimate Klopp's being German as well

Firmino turns 30 near the beginning of the season after next

Mane (who is going to be a massive target of RM, Barca (especially if no Neymar), and PSG (especially if Neymar leaves) also turns 30 in the season after next

Werner can also play on the wing and can play in a 2 striker or CF/SS set-up

I always have multiple reasons backing up my rationales when I make a positing about major player moves

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

his game is tailor made for Klopp-ball and they can get him for half what he worth this summer

never underestimate Klopp's being German as well

Firmino turns 30 near the beginning of the season after next

Mane (who is going to be a massive target of RM, Barca (especially if no Neymar), and PSG (especially if Neymar leaves) also turns 30 in the season after next

Werner can also play on the wing and can play in a 2 striker or CF/SS set-up

I always have multiple reasons backing up my rationales when I make a positing about major player moves

Yup agree.....lets hope klopp fucks off back to Germany come soon. It will fuck up their shit big time.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Have 6 points advantage. 13 games to go. Playing at home against both United and Spurs. Even though Frank said we are underdogs absolutely no excuse not to finish in top4! 

We actually have 5 I think Sheffield won today.

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we shall see

I know some on here think he is lead pipe cinch to end up here and plan the summer around him and Sancho and Chilwell

I say no

in fact I can see us missing out on all 3

Sancho as a miss would most disturb me (I do think he is the most likely to truly want to come here)

Werner is my number one want at striker (with Lautaro also a co-number one, but I do not see us dropping that type of quid) but I do not see him coming here

Chilwell at £80m is absurd IMHO

I have very little faith in the board at a multiplicity of levels so my Negative Nancy stance is understandable

they are on a horrid all-round run and if we miss out on CL again and do not sell Kante and roll up another loss I can see a large amount of the monies gained from sales going to shore up our FFP standing

I am under no illusions that we are going to drop 400m plus gross in the summer window

If we can't get Werner I'd love Dybala as a second option.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

so given that (I just gave you words out of his own mouth), 

So you went from 'words out of his own mouth' to According to BILD....Gotcha. 

Your pessimism and impulsive nature on reports that provide no direct quotes are getting the best of you. Especially from a source such as BILD who apparently knew what CHO was having for breakfast and what trainers he decided to wear the next day. :lol:

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So you went from 'words out of his own mouth' to According to BILD....Gotcha. 

Your pessimism and impulsive nature on reports that provide no direct quotes are getting the best of you. Especially from a source such as BILD who apparently knew what CHO was having for breakfast and what trainers he decided to wear the next day. :lol:

that was drawn from his interview that I gave you the link to

I think you are wrong, and you think think I am wrong in terms of where Werner ends up at

again

I like my chances (although I hate the outcome if I am right), and I like my track record overall on here since I have joined

time will show who was right and who was wrong

as for CHO, he admitted his head was turned by Bayern to the point he submitted a transfer request (frustration with Sarri as well)

or are you going to dispute that as well?

Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi submits transfer request to force Bayern move

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/26/chelsea-callum-hudson-odoi-transfer-request-bayern-munich-morata

Callum Hudson-Odoi Thought About Bayern Munich Amid Chelsea 'Frustration'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862612-callum-hudson-odoi-thought-about-bayern-munich-amid-chelsea-frustration