The English Football Thread

Steve

Owen Coyle sacked

Bolton have sacked manager Owen Coyle following a poor start to the Championship season.

http://www1.skysport...fter-poor-start

Quite shocking to see that, Coyle was not bad at all at Reebok. He will surely be back soon, QPR maybe?

wont get Qpr unless Sparky moves on to manage Real or Barca

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Who else remember how well Bolton were doing in 2010/2011? If the beat us at The Bridge just after Christmas they would have gone above us. Coyle was known as one of the best young manager's in the country and his name was quietly getting mentioned with top jobs (even some CFC fans i know wanted him in had Carlo got the boot).

Talk about falling from grace.

wont get Qpr unless Sparky moves on to manage Real or Barca

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1185425/qpr%27s-hughes-%27has-two-months-to-save-job%27?cc=3436

Well..Sparky apparently has 2 months to save his job.

He did well at Blackburn..but he screwed up at City by buying too many players & now he's screwed at QPR cause he bought too many new players in such a short period of time.

http://soccernet.esp...ve-job'?cc=3436

Well..Sparky apparently has 2 months to save his job.

He did well at Blackburn..but he screwed up at City by buying too many players & now he's screwed at QPR cause he bought too many new players in such a short period of time.

he was so fucking arrogant walking out on Fulham... "I want to manage a big club "

Who else remember how well Bolton were doing in 2010/2011? If the beat us at The Bridge just after Christmas they would have gone above us. Coyle was known as one of the best young manager's in the country and his name was quietly getting mentioned with top jobs (even some CFC fans i know wanted him in had Carlo got the boot).

Talk about falling from grace.

Bolton haven't done well since Big Sam resigned from the job back in 2007. He led them to 6th and 7th position in consecutive seasons, I even remember at one point, Bolton almost knocked Arsenal/Liverpool out of the UCL qualification places.

Then Megson came, Bolton finished between positions 13-16..and eventually, the inevitable had to happen, they got relegated, which is a good thing, now they can freshen up their squad and who knows, they might come back to EPL as strong as Newcastle.

Bolton haven't done well since Big Sam resigned from the job back in 2007. He led them to 6th and 7th position in consecutive seasons, I even remember at one point, Bolton almost knocked Arsenal/Liverpool out of the UCL qualification places.

Then Megson came, Bolton finished between positions 13-16..and eventually, the inevitable had to happen, they got relegated, which is a good thing, now they can freshen up their squad and who knows, they might come back to EPL as strong as Newcastle.

Yeah they have in general been awful since Big Sam has left, but in Coyle's first full season for half of it they were very good, as shown by the fact that had they won at The Bridge just after christmas that season they would have actually leapfrogged us.

Plus speaking of Big Sam i reckon he is so under rated as a manager it is almost criminal, its no coincidence two of this three teams he managed in the Premier went down the season after he got sacked and the other avoided it by a point.

He is just as good as managing teams on a shoe string as Moyes imo, if not better.

When the TV schedule for the Barclays Premier League games that will be after January will be published?

Just so you know lad, you need to delete some PMs so you can receive new ones. (I tried sending you one)

He's a delusional fool. Picked Silva, Cazorla and heck even Ivanovic over an in-form Mata in his BBC TOTW! :doh:

last year he did something worse. after the manure vs qpr game where jamie mackie ripped evra apart, he went onto name evra in his team of the week lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16234573

last year he did something worse. after the manure vs qpr game where jamie mackie ripped evra apart, he went onto name evra in his team of the week lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16234573

Yes. Crooks seems to have an obsession with Evra. He tends to feature him a lot in his TOTW even when his form was absolutely dire.

Maybe but even without Fellaini in top form, Everton have still managed to cause us plenty of problems and beat us in the past.

Still, we beat them twice last season when we were still playing quick short passes and high pressure, I think we will do okay against them this year.