The English Football Thread

Steve

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

hopefully we focus and do our fucking job and dont fuck up

We were hoping for this many times in the last months and the players let us down. We desperately need to enter the transfer window and splash some serious cash. Because this current squad, they will not hold on. I don't trust them considering the competition.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep. Helps having a manager who gives more freedom and turns their season. We've had it enough times. 

Oh well.. Be nice if Brighton can trip them up. 

United was very lucky. Solkjaer reacted very late. Spurs was having a field day all game long they just couldn't score. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

De Gea was obviously motm, Pogba was fantastic, but when your opp is Harry wink and eriksen, it is quite easy to destroy them physically. 

With healthy dier, this is going to be different game. 

Dier is massively overrated shit IMHO. The spine they really miss is Wanyama, who has just collapsed as a player. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Dier is massively overrated shit IMHO. The spine they really miss is Wanyama, who has just collapsed as player. 

Nope. Dier ability to play as cb and dm make spurs tactically very flexible. They can switch from back 4 to back 5 with ease but today Sissoko, wanyama and dier were out. It was just a field day for pogba 

Just now, communicate said:

United was very lucky. Solkjaer reacted very late. Spurs was having a field day all game long they just couldn't score. 

It is one of those days, this happens during the season. The thing is, Tottenham still have huge quality up front which will succeed in the next games. And that is the difference between them and us. They will win their next game, while we keep struggling and hoping for a lucky goal/win.

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Yep. But on the whole they've won 6 in a row. He's got them going again. This was possibly a bump but unfortunately Spurs just couldn't get the goal. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nope. Dier ability to play as cb and dm make spurs tactically very flexible. They can switch from back 4 to back 5 with ease but today Sissoko, wanyama and dier were out. It was just a field day for pogba 

I don't rate Dier, Typical massively overrated English player. If he were Slovakian no one would give a toss about him.

3 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

It is one of those days, this happens during the season. The thing is, Tottenham still have huge quality up front which will succeed in the next games. And that is the difference between them and us. They will win their next game, while we keep struggling and hoping for a lucky goal/win.

Yup, spurs have better scorer than us. Harry kane is absolute world class. Plus son and alli can chip in goals as well 

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep. But on the whole they've won 6 in a row. He's got them going again. This was possibly a bump but unfortunately Spurs just couldn't get the goal. 

Don't get me wrong. I was worried the moment they sacked Jose. This United team was underperforming big time, the moment Jose shackled is off they will go on a run

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Yup, spurs have better scorer than us. Harry kane is absolute world class. Plus son and alli can chip in goals as well 

It is all on the board, we could have had Icardi for £98m in the summer, and dumped Morata for £55m to Milan (Marina said £70m or no deal)

That's only a £43m net spend for the second best CF on the planet., and we turned down a total of £620m in real hard bids (and will lose over £250m to £300m at end of day when they all walk on frees or are sold for shit)

The board is shit, until I see different I maintain my stance 100%.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

It is all on the board, we could have had Icardi for £98m in the summer, and dumped Morata for £55m to Milan (Marina said £70m or no deal)

That's only a £43m net spend for the second best CF on the planet., and we turned down a total of £620m in real hard bids (and will lose over £250m to £300m at end of day when they all walk on frees or are sold for shit)

The board is shit, until I see different I maintain my stance 100%.

I see we might sell Bats for FOURTEEN MILLION, just to further cement my opinion.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6268533-chelsea-name-price-for-michy-batshuayi-as-everton-join-crystal-palace-fulham-in-january-pursuit

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/10/report-everton-want-michy-batshuayi-he-will-cost-14m/