Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big story on Sky Sports this morning is that “Jose Mourinho silent on Wayne Rooney interest”. Jose said “We play Man United in a few days. I don’t think it’s nice to speak about a Man United player.”

so the BIG story is NO story ,,, :fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

The big story on Sky Sports this morning is that “Jose Mourinho silent on Wayne Rooney interest”. Jose said “We play Man United in a few days. I don’t think it’s nice to speak about a Man United player.”

I can't believe it!!!! We have got him for sure now :) GET IN!!!

Okay, rooney has been picking up too many injuries for my liking and is beginning to remind me of essien's injury problems. He'll be 29-30 by next season and his injury problems can only get worse. Looks like a risky option to me.

I'm I the only one that is no longer keen on getting rooney anymore?

Okay, rooney has been picking up too many injuries for my liking and is beginning to remind me of essien's injury problems. He'll be 29-30 by next season and his injury problems can only get worse. Looks like a risky option to me.

I'm I the only one that is no longer keen on getting rooney anymore?

the point then becomes, if not rooney then who?

in the next season he will be in the last year of his contract, he is PL proven, despite his injuries he has still been brilliant this season. also the united most probably wont get top 4 which makes it even easier to acquire him.

My main concern over Looney isn't his age.

I's the fact that his best position isn't playing as a lone striker - he is far more effective in the hole where his passing is being utilized as opposed to be marooned up top on his own and loosing his marbles. I think there is a reason why United went out to buy RvP when they had a chance. You could say that's probably due to their weak central midfield and needing to exploit Looney's creativity but than again I've always rated Looney's passing and vision as his best attribute.

Secondary concerns are over his physical build which suggests he would age like an oversexed prostitute

The third concern is his injury record.

For a player at his age and wages he'd demand, you'd have to look at those factors as well.

I'm sure he can have a good season or two here but injuries and age will catch up to him fairly quickly. He is a greedy scouse bastard, if Jose signs him than obviously I'd support the overweight cunt but hopefully we find an alternative

the point then becomes, if not rooney then who?

in the next season he will be in the last year of his contract, he is PL proven, despite his injuries he has still been brilliant this season. also the united most probably wont get top 4 which makes it even easier to acquire him.

I'll honestly take diego costa over rooney in the summer. A younger striker, who is not injury prone.

But you are right in the sense that there are few options. He has had a good season too as expected. But the injuries can only get worse when he gets older and its making rooney look like a serious gamble to me.

He'll also be 30 next season, which means in 2 years we'll be hunting for another top striker again.

I'll honestly take diego costa over rooney in the summer. A younger striker, who is not injury prone.

But you are right in the sense that there are few options. He has had a good season too as expected. But the injuries can only get worse when he gets older and its making rooney look like a serious gamble to me.

He'll also be 30 next season, which means in 2 years we'll be hunting for another top striker again.

Dont forget we have a worldclass talent who is banging them in for everton we dont need a diego costa! We need a striker for 1-2 years to get lukaku going at chelsea. We dont always have to buy to fix every postional problem we have. Since romans here it always buy buy buy forget our talent! And what the stupidest thing is that you can buy worldclass strikers and most of them wont fit BUT lets just buy! We should change the squad every year buy the most in form players..

Sorry mate not attacking you just our transfer policy..

Dont forget we have a worldclass talent who is banging them in for everton we dont need a diego costa! We need a striker for 1-2 years to get lukaku going at chelsea. We dont always have to buy to fix every postional problem we have. Since romans here it always buy buy buy forget our talent! And what the stupidest thing is that you can buy worldclass strikers and most of them wont fit BUT lets just buy! We should change the squad every year buy the most in form players..

Sorry mate not attacking you just our transfer policy..

Mourinho's true way he sees us playing relies heavily on the linkup of the striker with the midfielders. He said this a lot at the beginning of the season, high pressing and a striker that can linkup without space.

This is lukaku's biggest weakness, and even though he would have been better than all we have right now, unless he develops and gets better in his weakness, mourinho won't feel like everything is complete. This is why he went after rooney and loaned lukaku to everton who play with ball to feet so that lukaku will develop his weakness.

Regarding the buying policy of our club, I'm even more disappointed that bertrand was not given a proper chance ahead of cole. Left back is not as crucial as the striker, so we could have coped with any development bertrand needed in the first place.

Can't see a reason why Rooney isn't the best available option for us. Age is just a number and with his mentality, he could do well in his early thirties.

Given the fact that we have a young talent in Lukaku, Rooney could spearhead our attack for 2-3 years and we could scout for a new striker then and hopefully lukaku will be well established in the Chelsea shirt by then.

A 3 year contract with his current wages and extenting the contract annually based on performances is pretty much the right choice.

Can't see a reason why Rooney isn't the best available option for us. Age is just a number and with his mentality, he could do well in his early thirties.

Given the fact that we have a young talent in Lukaku, Rooney could spearhead our attack for 2-3 years and we could scout for a new striker then and hopefully lukaku will be well established in the Chelsea shirt by then.

A 3 year contract with his current wages and we could extend the contract annually based on performances

we need a real striker in the summer not this guy!

Costa >>> Rooney

Costa >>> Rooney

Costa is no where near Rooney in terms of quality. He's has one good season and he doesn't offer no where near as much as a Striker as Rooney does (hold up play, contributing to the build up, vision, passing, work rate etc.).

Costa >>> Rooney

I like this 'real striker' stuff. Costa as a real striker took till he was 24 to get into double digits for goals in a season. Rooney did that when he was still a teenager.

Costa looks a great player and he's having a great season, but Rooney has also had great seasons (more than one in fact) and can play for us as a striker but also as an attacking midfielder when we play Lukaku or Torres up front.

I like this 'real striker' stuff. Costa as a real striker took till he was 24 to get into double digits for goals in a season. Rooney did that when he was still a teenager.

Costa looks a great player and he's having a great season, but Rooney has also had great seasons (more than one in fact) and can play for us as a striker but also as an attacking midfielder when we play Lukaku or Torres up front.

difference is Costa is starting to fulfil his potential and Rooney is on the decline! and also Rooney is not even a striker any more! he is moving in the other direction, he is a number 10 who is starting to fill in at CM! strikers have for whatever reason struggled here for years, a player like Rooney who doesn't even play as a striker week in week out would almost certainly struggle as well!

I would only have him here as a back up to Oscar

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You