Wayne Rooney

J.F.

There's no smoke without fire. Surely Mourinho wouldn't 'confirm' anything like that if there weren't advanced negotiations taking place with some club for a forward. Whether it's Rooney, Eto'o or some surprise player I'm growing ever more confident that by September the 3rd we'll have a new striker in the team.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we do get him now.

Perhaps I'm far too harsh on Rooney, sure he's overrated but he's probably the best option for our team right now. Torres had a good game but he isn't going to do that forever, that's not the type of player Torres is, he can't put them performances in every game. We need someone who can do that constantly, Rooney is someone who can help the team rather than wanting to be on the end of the ball, more deep lying and hard working.

But this doesn't look like It's going through, United know that it would be stupid to sell him, and Rooney is being quiet, it's evident that he's going to play for them regardless of what happens.

Unfortunatley, I cannot see this deal happening, no matter how much I try to convince myself.

There is no way United will go into this season and CL campain with RvP and Welbeck as backup. If RvP is injured or whatever, all of the sudden their offensive force is decimated. They depend on him so much at the moment (considering Rooney isnt there).

Unfortunatley, I cannot see this deal happening, no matter how much I try to convince myself.

There is no way United will go into this season and CL campain with RvP and Welbeck as backup. If RvP is injured or whatever, all of the sudden their offensive force is decimated. They depend on him so much at the moment (considering Rooney isnt there).

Rooney sold and they will buy a backup striker is not an impossible scenario, I think. Expected some crazy deadline day.

They got Hernandez and Kagawa at #9 and 10 positions. That said, I don't see this happening either. Hey, at least United have a disgruntled player in their hands.

They also have Javier Hernandez who's a very, very good goalscorer. I'd say van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck is more than enough for them if they keep playing the same formation. Obviously RvP will start the majority of their games up front while Welbeck is capable of playing in any of the positions in their front four and Hernandez is very much an adequate backup for van Persie. They also have Shinji Kagawa to play behind van Persie and because Rooney played a lot of games in the #10 position last season they haven't in my opinion seen the best of Kagawa just yet. I feel they would be just fine if they sold Rooney, maybe even better off if he's really causing trouble in the dressing room like the media seem to think.

There's no smoke without fire. Surely Mourinho wouldn't 'confirm' anything like that if there weren't advanced negotiations taking place with some club for a forward. Whether it's Rooney, Eto'o or some surprise player I'm growing ever more confident that by September the 3rd we'll have a new striker in the team.

This.

Jose knows who he wants, we all know who is our main target and it just so happens the main man we want looks as pissed off as me when they call time at the bar.

Rooney is the missing piece.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You