Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone in this thread that think that this saga will weaken United if Rooney wont leave, just pull something over your head. CLEARLY Rooney wasnt happy today and yet he managed to get 2 assists?

We either sign him and our chances of winning trophies increase by 2, or United is still a serious challeneger for the PL title.

Like someone else said, we dont have that game changing striker/player. We've had Didier for so long who could sometimes be rather invisible, win a header here and there but then score a cracker from out of nowhere. We dont have that at the moment and we seriousley need it if we are to challenge teams such as United, City, Real, Bayern, Barcelona etc.

Bid 40+!

Get him!!!

It was always needed to come to that, we were never gonna get him for £20m or £25m+add on. If we don't raise our bid to around £40m it means Jose was trying to unsettle MU and Rooney all along and never interested in him.

Time to leave him I think, move on to Martinez for 40m. Why do we always have to do it the hard way?

All the top class striekrs are not moving on or HAVE MOVED ON:

Moved on: Soldado, Negredo, Cavani, Falcao, Gomez, Bony, Jovetic

Not leaving: Ibra, Suarez, Kiessling, Lewandowski, Rooney

Available: Martinez, Yilmaz

There you go, you got Yilmaz and Martinez left. Although I think Yilmaz is not good enough but Martinez can do fine.

Can bet my house he's not going anywhere. Would love to go back 2 years on transfer deadline day and somehow prevent this Torres transfer from ever happening. Almost as if it is a nightmare we can't wake up

look at the bright side, atleast we won the champions,Europa and fa cup in spite of Torres :-). .. Would be a nightmare if we hadn't won any trophys and him still in the aquad

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/230943.html

Interesting. Seems he stays then?

"You obviously need that sharpness," Rooney said. "I haven't had that many training sessions with the first team [at United] because they have been away. I might be lacking that bit of sharpness but hopefully that will come. I need to try and get a few more games in.

"You always look forward to having a good pre-season. It's important you do that. Unfortunately I got the injury to my hamstring and then to my shoulder. It's been disappointing but you've got to deal with it.

"I have been working hard on the training ground trying to get myself fit and I was just thankful to get the minutes in against Scotland. That's thanks to the manager [Hodgson].

"I had a few painkillers for the shoulder injury [on Saturday]. It was great to have the minutes and now I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a few games."

The board failed Jose, they should be tapping him up like we did with Cole. Rooney is a coward for not handing in a transfer request.

Why should we tap him up? Is there any chance that Rooney isn't aware of our interest? Is there even the possibility that terms haven't been discussed with Stretford?

Do you think Ashley Cole hasn't been in his ear telling him to come down south?

Plus why would he hand in a request at this point in time? I never saw this deal happening before the game at Old Trafford so why would he use that option before it's necessary?

Why should we tap him up? Is there any chance that Rooney isn't aware of our interest? Is there even the possibility that terms haven't been discussed with Stretford?

Do you think Ashley Cole hasn't been in his ear telling him to come down south?

Plus why would he hand in a request at this point in time? I never saw this deal happening before the game at Old Trafford so why would he use that option before it's necessary?

It should be done ahead of time, United (from what we know via media) say he's staying and that message has been pretty clear, 'reports now claim' Rooney has accepted their decision. There is no formal transfer request!, which is bizarre considering how long the speculation has been going on. Why leave it so late, United won't be selling late in the window, that's not how they operate. Why risk it.. there needs to be more tension & further disruption, Rooney is conforming atm.

It should be done ahead of time, United (from what we know via media) say he's staying and that message has been pretty clear, 'reports now claim' Rooney has accepted their decision. There is no formal transfer request!, which is bizarre considering how long the speculation has been going on. Why leave it so late, United won't be selling late in the window, that's not how they operate. Why risk it.. there needs to be more tension & further disruption, Rooney is conforming atm.

We've still got another bid to make according to other reports, so there's no real reason for his camp to give up what might be millions of pounds. That is literally their last card to play (unless he wants to act the real cunt) so they can't just throw it out there, especially when United seem so unlikely to sell before our game with us. Once that is out of the way I expect things to ramp up.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/230961.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-chelsea-make-2180836

It is coming to an end one way or another... I really think they will reject it. They was expecting a £40m in the first place anyway so this is not a surprise to them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You