Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Dont know why the club hasnt gone for Luis Suarez, he is cheaper overally considering his wages are way lower than Rooney's and im sure we can get him for abt 44million, he is younger too and more hungry to win than Rooney IMO

Of all the guys to describe as hungry, you choose Suarez.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know why the club hasnt gone for Luis Suarez, he is cheaper overally considering his wages are way lower than Rooney's and im sure we can get him for abt 44million, he is younger too and more hungry to win than Rooney IMO

He'll be way more expensive than Rooney.

He sure is hungry. :ph34r:

He'll be way more expensive than Rooney.

he will probably get wages of 150 at most and rooney is on 250 per week so we save 100k a week which adds to about 5,2 million a year for about 5 years. He also is younger than Rooney

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 4m

Chelsea are preparing to make a third bid for Manchester United's @WayneRooney (Guardian) #CFC #MUFC

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 2m

Mourinho on Rooney: "There is no time limit. We have our squad of strikers. We have identified him as one we'd like to have with us"

Hope to God that he's waiting until after Rio's big night tomorrow before handing in the transfer request as to not fuck with his friend.

Like I said earlier, if he plays in the Community Shield and starts getting friendly with the squad again he ain't leaving.

Mourinhos words translated "We will keep bidding right until deadline day, but for now Wayne we have done all we can, we are back from USA soon so slap that TR in" He sounds confident, next week when we are back from the USA and community shield has passed, the pace needs to be upped ideally from Rooneys end.

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

Hope to God that he's waiting until after Rio's big night tomorrow before handing in the transfer request as to not fuck with his friend.

Like I said earlier, if he plays in the Community Shield and starts getting friendly with the squad again he ain't leaving.

I have always thought to myself he wont do it before Rio's testimonial if he had any decency. IF he is going to put one in itll be after tomorrow

The only way he will get better is if you play him. Look what we made out of Ronaldo. That was because we put up with his frustrating, but half-effective play for a few years. He would not of been able to rid himself of his weaknesses without that time, and of course playing in the team he would be staying with. Loans only works for so long. Ronaldo gradually realised how to play his most effective game, because of game time. Sit Lukaka on the bench and be impatient with a huge talent if you prefer, but personally I'd let Rooney go eat kebabs or whatever he does these days... and play the big man. You already threw away Sturridge. Mistake number two incoming, if you sign the kebab monster.

Did you read his most recent book ( I didn't ) but I did read an article stating - Rooney said he finds it very hard recovering after matches in time for the next one. Or something along those line. Anyway, he's showing signs of fatigue already at twenty-seven. It can't be good smoking like a chimney then heading to the boozer, follwed by a BigLukes. ;p

He'll be good for Chelsea though I don't doubt that. Probably worth the money, but you definitely stunt a real talent in the process. I don't think you'll get the striker you expect though. After reading the site today, I've come across many posts suggesting he will hold the ball and keep it in tight spaces. You're in for a shock. Sometimes his first touch is like the ball hitting a table-leg. He can no lonnger beat a man, and isn't capable of individual brilliance except the occasional long shot. He does link play well though - pass and move. You aren't getting a Drogba/RvP though, he can't hold the ball.

Why do you think he was left out against Madrid? Cause we couldn't afford for him to pass the ball to them, and get annihilated on the counter. Well you will all see. It looks like this deal might actually happen.

There is only one thing that is possible. He is making the most stupid move in history for a pay rise. Don't put it past him - he's not Eienstein.

For me though, you are welcome to him.

So basically you're saying Rooney isn't fit to play every game but would still be a threat to Lukaku's development because the Belgian wouldn't get enough playing time? You're contradicting yourself there, mate.

Weird logic to be honest. He's messed with Moyes, and the overall stability of our club by rocking the boat in a transitional period anyway! If he had any respect for anyone, he'd simply go public with this and hand in a transfer request. This would be game set and match. Yet he remains quiet, whilst feeding the press? He wouldn't wait out of respect for Rio. He's an utter cunt - he's proving it right now. This goes far deeper than a simple first-team spot. He should know that if he plays well, he will start. So it's not that, I don't think. SAF's comments could well of been faked. He could be extremely evil. On the other hand I'm not sure he'd rock Moyes' first few months like this intentionally.

Anyway lets assume it is the team place - do you really want a lack of competition at your club? He's crying about not getting into the team for us, but it was justified. He'll do the same for Chelsea. Mourinho doesn't take much rubbish (ask Casillas) so it could all end in tears. I know Mourinho will want goals from him or he'll be subbed, or even on the bench! Rooney followers know he scores in bunches so there will be dry spells....pretty much a certainty.

End this now though. Give us £40M so we can recruit Baines and Fellaini for no cost, please. ;p

This goes through - he's gonna know what he had, but it's all going to be too late then.

So basically you're saying Rooney isn't fit to play every game but would still be a threat to Lukaku's development because the Belgian wouldn't get enough playing time? You're contradicting yourself there, mate.

Rooney is fit enough to play every game, but is clearly getting worse. Not better. This is why I think progressing Lukaku is a good option before you lose him. Young players want to play. Not to mention saving £40m or w/e.

Rooney is fit enough to play every game, but is clearly getting worse. Not better. This is why I think progressing Lukaku is a good option before you lose him. Young players want to play. Not to mention saving £40m or w/e.

Rooney is 27, I'm sure he can get better. Atleast get back to his old self.

Its not that he's that bad on his current form actually..

Fair enough. The thing is, there would still be more than enough games available for Lukaku even if he was just our number two forward instead of Mourinho throwing him in the deep end with massive expectations. Our team is still very much in transition with the likes of Lukaku, Hazard, Schürrle, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, Van Ginkel, Azpilicueta, Kalas etc. all being well under 23 and relatively inexperienced at this level so in order to equally compete for the title with you guys and City we could use having a couple of more players who are currently in their prime and have more experience of winning things, Rooney would very much fit the bill. In the last decade Chelsea have had great success in the cup competitions so the team playing 60 games again this season is very much a reality so don't tell me with a straight face that Lukaku couldn't get enough playing time to progress if we got someone else to play first choice forward. Lukaku starting around 20 games combined in all competitions and coming off the bench in nearly all the others wouldn't be so bad for his development, now would it? And if the new forward, at this point most likely Rooney, would get injured then it would be Lukaku's chance to shine but if the club didn't buy anyone and Lukaku would get injured, what then? Trust Torres or Demba Ba to fire us to the title?

Edited by Jype

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You