Alexis Sanchez

milllz

8 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

lets go for mahrez or malcom or someone else

I can imagine such conversation taking place.

Conte: Let's go for Mahrez, Malcom or Lem...
*Roman and Marina looking at each other*
Roman: Did I just hear him say Nathan Redmond?
Marina: Yup
*Conte crying*

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I can imagine such conversation taking place.

Conte: Let's go for Mahrez, Malcom or Lem...
*Roman and Marina looking at each other*
Roman: Did I just hear him say Nathan Redmond?
Marina: Yup
*Conte crying*

Funny but probably not far off. Its like the board are ambitious every other season.

For Fucks Fucking Sake-  sell off 3 or 4 loan players and get the Chilean money grabber. 

There are repercussions as well  -who would Hazard rather be playing with, who is more likely to make him want to stay - Sandro and Sanchez or Bakayoko and Carroll.

8 hours ago, Dingus said:

In fact, getting an Alexis Sanchez-esque type of player might actually encourage the likes of Hazard and Courtois to actually sign their extensions.

Yep. This is spot on. People just look at the money and don’t want to realise that there are way more pros than cons. 

2 hours ago, gdlk said:

Dark clouds are over the Chelsea club for a 3 years and I cant see a bright future too.. 

maybe in terms of relations between managers and the board, sure. but in terms of success on the pitch, if winning two PL titles and one league cup in 3 years is "having dark clouds overs us", then may those dark clouds remain forever lol

But because CFC is a business first and foremost £350 000 a week for someone who might be around for a couple of years isn't viable. It isn't economically viable because Courtois on 100k a week wages would have to be doubled. Hazard would have to be on a par with Sanchez to keep Madrid away. Then every other player would also demand incremental proportionate wage rises. Unless Abramovich is persuaded by the Yes men and Maria to open his wallet more, very unlikely, and that it is investing then Utd, City and even Liverpool will permanently overtake us.

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

it is investing

Thats hat it would be.

The argument that his wages would mean that Eden,Tibo etc would want a payrise is daft. Hes apparently already been offered £300k anyway. And why should he be worth as nuch as Sanchez? We dont get Dave,Kante going whining saying they want as much as Eden do they? Theyre arguably just as importabt as him. In  any company theres some employees earning more than the others. Because they do different jobs. I personally would pay Sanchez more than Eden.

And how much would we make ftom ads,shirts,sposors and general hype around the footballing world? Plus really fuck off gooners and Mou. I'd buy him just for that.

And just for general good feeling amongst players and supporters. They must know shirley we are pissed off or they are so far removed from the supporters or stuck up Romans arse to give a fuck.

So I do think its good business sense. We just have no footballing sense! We need footballers on the board.

Whats the business sense of us not making the top 4 or compting with anyone whatsoever worth talking about?

Plain fuckin daft! 6c681b9dd517666b59086e82e40e0797.gif

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Theyre arguably just as importabt as him.

I would agree with that, and Christiensen will be as well. In the footballing World Hazard is seen as the jewel in the crown - but often understated players are just as valuable. We'd be mid table without Kante, and would rather hang on to him, tell PSG to fuck off, than sell Hazard for silly money to the State subsidised Madrid. Bottom line wages will fuel inflation and we will have to keep up. I blame Jimmy Hill.

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I would agree with that, and Christiensen will be as well. In the footballing World Hazard is seen as the jewel in the crown - but often understated players are just as valuable. We'd be mid table without Kante, and would rather hang on to him, tell PSG to fuck off, than sell Hazard for silly money to the State subsidised Madrid. Bottom line wages will fuel inflation and we will have to keep up. I blame Jimmy Hill.

All very true. It wont be long at al before the German or Saniards come knocking for AC and the wee baldy man so I hope we gave AC some golden handcuffs in his new contract. Big payrise to both. And it might be tough to replace him and be a few smirks from other clubs but we should sell Eden in summer for world record fee. Unless of course ZZ takes over from the Don and kill 2 birds etc. We could hopefully use that dosh (plus from sales of other dead wood) to buy proper upgrades, (Even made myself spit me tea out then) About the only thing I'm suprized at is theres no questions raised in the media yet about our state of things. And shouts from the terraces about throwing the board on a sod off great big bonfire!

Dont want to start fights here but maybe some sort of Bale for Eden deal MIGHT work. Him and Morata back together???

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

But because CFC is a business first and foremost £350 000 a week for someone who might be around for a couple of years isn't viable. It isn't economically viable because Courtois on 100k a week wages would have to be doubled. Hazard would have to be on a par with Sanchez to keep Madrid away. Then every other player would also demand incremental proportionate wage rises. Unless Abramovich is persuaded by the Yes men and Maria to open his wallet more, very unlikely, and that it is investing then Utd, City and even Liverpool will permanently overtake us.

We are offering to make Courtois the best paid GK in the world and Hazard is already being offered a 300k contract, so that’s just a moot point imo. Has nothing to do with Sanchez. If we want to keep Hazard and Courtois we’re going to have to pay up anyway. 

Also:

17 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He was gonna join City for 300k which is what we’re offering Hazard. Sanchez is pretty much on his level. I would add that 50k because we’re struggling with goals in this side big time. We won’t sign big players at all with that attitude - it won’t be long before having a top player on 300k is the norm. Look at the overall financial package - about a £100m over the length of his contract - that’s fine. If Sanchez had years left on his contract we’d be paying that or more anyway. 

Mahrez is great, not better than Sanchez imo. Besides, only a year or two younger. Let’s say we sign him for the £60m they want (Puel is now saying he’d be worth a £100m next season) and give him wages at 175k pw over a 3 and a half year contract like Sanchez would probably get. That’s about £90m for his whole contract - is Sanchez worth that extra £10-15m? Absolutely I think. 

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We are offering to make Courtois the best paid GK in the world and Hazard is already being offered a 300k contract, so that’s just a moot point imo. Has nothing to do with Sanchez. If we want to keep Hazard and Courtois we’re going to have to pay up anyway. 

Also:

Are you certain Hazard is going to be paid £300 000 a week ? And make Courtois the best paid GK ?? Wow that's some knowledge -and if that's the case then it will snowball, and what are the obstacles to signing Sanchez as far as you are concerned ?

How do we know CFCs alleged interest in Sanchez isn't media driven -after all Conte knows fuck all about it ? It could be another log on the media fuelled fire of Conte v Mourinho so they can say ''Mourinho beats Conte to Sanchez''.

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

All very true. It wont be long at al before the German or Saniards come knocking for AC and the wee baldy man so I hope we gave AC some golden handcuffs in his new contract. Big payrise to both. And it might be tough to replace him and be a few smirks from other clubs but we should sell Eden in summer for world record fee. Unless of course ZZ takes over from the Don and kill 2 birds etc. We could hopefully use that dosh (plus from sales of other dead wood) to buy proper upgrades, (Even made myself spit me tea out then) About the only thing I'm suprized at is theres no questions raised in the media yet about our state of things. And shouts from the terraces about throwing the board on a sod off great big bonfire!

Dont want to start fights here but maybe some sort of Bale for Eden deal MIGHT work. Him and Morata back together???

Would we want Bale ? Not so sure. It does seem that wages will escalate anyway - TV revenue will have to increase for the armchair fans, or sell more shirts in third world countries --they better not put up admission anymore !!

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Are you certain Hazard is going to be paid £300 000 a week ? And make Courtois the best paid GK ?? Wow that's some knowledge -and if that's the case then it will snowball, and what are the obstacles to signing Sanchez as far as you are concerned ?

How do we know CFCs alleged interest in Sanchez isn't media driven -after all Conte knows fuck all about it ? It could be another log on the media fuelled fire of Conte v Mourinho so they can say ''Mourinho beats Conte to Sanchez''.

I’m just going off media reports tbh for the wages stuff. Logically speaking, we’d have to start offering these guys those sort of wages anyway if we wanted to keep them - they’re world class players. 

My point is that we should be looking at Sanchez and that the cost is worth it. I’m not saying the club’s interest is real either, in fact I said the very opposite a few pages ago: the main reporters reporting this are Utd/Manchester based reporters, and it’s quite clear that Utd are just looking for a narrative to embarrass us with again. I’m trying to argue against the notion that it won’t be financially worth it - it’s more than likely the same stance the club is taking over this, hence why we aren’t really looking at Sanchez. I just think we should be. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I’m trying to argue against the notion that it won’t be financially worth it - it’s more than likely the same stance the club is taking over this, hence why we aren’t really looking at Sanchez. I just think we should be. 

Yup that's what I said in my post :D. The wages will escalate, but fuck it Roman youre a billionaire and If I had that cash I would put Chelsea first :P

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You