• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, manpe said:

Pogba - Matic
Sanchez - Mata - Martial
Lukaku

That's pretty damn good. Question is can Mourinho make that attacking potential work?

Looks good on paper but Mourinho will probably have them play as a functional side as opposed to a free-flowing one.

But what it would be like to have Manure or Shittys players!!! By rights Manure should FTW. But its getting them to gel!!

As Leicester proved to everyone you can have a team full of medium skilled players but you get them working as 1 unit and they can beat anyone.

Its about belief and attitude on top of individual skills

14 hours ago, manpe said:

Pogba - Matic
Sanchez - Mata - Martial
Lukaku

That's pretty damn good. Question is can Mourinho make that attacking potential work?

Pogba as a CM is non effective because the expectation from that position is to keep falling back (basically B2B) in defense which isnt his strong suit. Pogba is only dangerous when he plays as no 10 in a free role. It is going to be fun to see how Jose juggle this one with Sanchez coming in as a starter ... what happens to Lingard (who is in the foam of his life), Martial, Rashford, Mata who will all be fighting for 2 positions.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

Matić - Herrera; Sanchez - Pogba - Martial; Lukaku

OR

Matić - Herrera - Pogba; Sanchez - Lukaku - Martial

Either way, as much as I am expecting more from our board regarding the transfers, I don't expect signing 500k/week players, if they aren't Hazard level players in their prime.

One of Rashford or Martial will not play regularly when Sanchez goes there. What a waste because both are immensely talented. Not sure why Mourinho rates Jesse Lingard so much, hes so average its scary but he will shoehorn him in somewhere because he works hard/can carry the ball on the counter. Also 4-2-3-1 with Pogba playing next to Matic? Then 3 out of Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford in whatever combo? Seriously think United will be extremely top heavy and vulnerable in MF, Pogba is a good footballer but hes not tactically switched on to play next to a holding player, in the same way Cesc struggles, or so I would say. I am actually surprised Ander Herrera isnt getting more starts in a 3 man MF, he gives so much balance, a real rounded player, would happily take him here.

Straight swap deal for Sanzhez<->Mikhitaryan sounds as an amazing deal for manure. Unfortunately.
The wages are ridiculous though,  but that is manure's weapon, as it seems, and also of course paying big money to the player's agent. There are already some reports that Pogba is not happy with the situatuon and wants a raise. Of course it is probably too early to be true, but I can see some players already being unhappy with their wages based on what Sanchez is getting. And that is probably the biggest reason that Chelsea were not after him.

Alexis Sanchez's astronomical Man United wages broken down as Arsenal star completes move to Old Trafford

Per year before presumed 45 percent tax: £25.5m

Per month before tax: £2.1m

Per week before tax: £490,000

Per day before tax: £70,000

Per hour before tax: £2,900

Per minute before tax: £48

Per second before tax: 80p

On 21. 01. 2018. at 4:11 PM, OneMoSalah said:

One of Rashford or Martial will not play regularly when Sanchez goes there. What a waste because both are immensely talented. Not sure why Mourinho rates Jesse Lingard so much, hes so average its scary but he will shoehorn him in somewhere because he works hard/can carry the ball on the counter. Also 4-2-3-1 with Pogba playing next to Matic? Then 3 out of Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford in whatever combo? Seriously think United will be extremely top heavy and vulnerable in MF, Pogba is a good footballer but hes not tactically switched on to play next to a holding player, in the same way Cesc struggles, or so I would say. I am actually surprised Ander Herrera isnt getting more starts in a 3 man MF, he gives so much balance, a real rounded player, would happily take him here.

I'm saying for months to my friend that Martial/Rashford could be interested in a move, considering the situation at Man Utd. No way they can all play.

7 minutes ago, El P. said:

I'm saying for months to my friend that Martial/Rashford could be interested in a move, considering the situation at Man Utd. No way they can all play.

Rashford will probably stay as he's their academy talisman, Martial however I think is expendable... worth a shot in the summer?

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Rashford will probably stay as he's their academy talisman, Martial however I think is expendable... worth a shot in the summer?

Yeah, I think so. But he won't be cheap... But, options are there. Mahrez and Martial, both really good attainable players.

15 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yeah, I think so. But he won't be cheap... But, options are there. Mahrez and Martial, both really good attainable players.

Problem being he's not really a AMR, he hasn't really played there. On the left we got the undroppable Hazard and strikers Morata, Džeko (fingers crossed). We can't guarantee him regular game time and playing him on the right side might not be that effective because he can't cut inside. We would have to buy him for a big price = he needs to be a starter, don't think that's gonna happen. Arsenal would be perfect for him - Lacazette (Auba), Martial, Özil, Miki front-line would be very good on paper.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Problem being he's not really a AMR, he hasn't really played there. On the left we got the undroppable Hazard and strikers Morata, Džeko (fingers crossed). We can't guarantee him regular game time and playing him on the right side might not be that effective because he can't cut inside. We would have to buy him for a big price = he needs to be a starter, don't think that's gonna happen. Arsenal would be perfect for him - Lacazette (Auba), Martial, Özil, Miki front-line would be very good on paper.

I agree. That's why Mahrez would be awesome option. But don't know where it would leave Barkley... On the bench? :D

10 minutes ago, El P. said:

I agree. That's why Mahrez would be awesome option. But don't know where it would leave Barkley... On the bench? :D

Mahrez or a new AMR in general is irrelevant to Barkley. Ross is a CM/CAM first and foremost, hopefully he will be used this way, needs to displace Bakayoko ASAP.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You