Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to wake up to Sanchez holding a red shirt tomorrow morning.

Just hope that if we are genuinely interested in Sanchez and this isn't made up shite, we can turn our attention to the more sensible player in Mahrez.

Logically speaking if we’re getting rid of Batshuayi, Sanchez is not only a perfect foil to play as a back up CF but would also be perfect in the 343. Makes too much sense. Mostly Utd reporters reporting it. It’s not happening guys, don’t get your hopes up. 

United are just trying to embarrass Chelsea again and Roman won’t stand in the way of it like he used. Sky are fanning the flames for clicks. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

we should be after him since september 1. cant belive how short sited our board is. would be a perfect player for our team.

now it will be that the board 'tried' but he chose united, and the board did everything in their power to bring him... :yawn:

Lukaku was clearly a foregone conclusion even when we matched the bid, this doesn't have the same vibe. On balance i still say United is most likely, but i think we are in this a lot closer than you think.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Logically speaking if we’re getting rid of Batshuayi, Sanchez is not only a perfect foil to play as a back up CF but would also be perfect in the 343. Makes too much sense. Mostly Utd reporters reporting it. It’s not happening guys, don’t get your hopes up. 

United are just trying to embarrass Chelsea again and Roman won’t stand in the way of it like he used. Sky are fanning the flames for clicks. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

The club made some bad decisions and shown lack of ambition, but we are talking about 350k+ for Sanchez😂😂

He is maybe worth 250k tops, I have no idea where is he pulling that demand😂 Mercenary of the highest order.

Dont get me wrong, I would take him in a second, but he just doesnt deserve that pay and Im glad Chelsea isnt involved.

I know we fans are desperate right now but come on, he would be taking club for ransom and he is often extremely frustrating to watch.

I rather go for Mahrez who is younger, better and all fees combined wouldnt cost any more than Sanchez.

34 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The club made some bad decisions and shown lack of ambition, but we are talking about 350k+ for Sanchez😂😂

He is maybe worth 250k tops, I have no idea where is he pulling that demand😂 Mercenary of the highest order.

Dont get me wrong, I would take him in a second, but he just doesnt deserve that pay and Im glad Chelsea isnt involved.

I know we fans are desperate right now but come on, he would be taking club for ransom and he is often extremely frustrating to watch.

I rather go for Mahrez who is younger, better and all fees combined wouldnt cost any more than Sanchez.

He was gonna join City for 300k which is what we’re offering Hazard. Sanchez is pretty much on his level. I would add that 50k because we’re struggling with goals in this side big time. We won’t sign big players at all with that attitude - it won’t be long before having a top player on 300k is the norm. Look at the overall financial package - about a £100m over the length of his contract - that’s fine. If Sanchez had years left on his contract we’d be paying that or more anyway. 

Mahrez is great, not better than Sanchez imo. Besides, only a year or two younger. Let’s say we sign him for the £60m they want (Puel is now saying he’d be worth a £100m next season) and give him wages at 175k pw over a 3 and a half year contract like Sanchez would probably get. That’s about £90m for his whole contract - is Sanchez worth that extra £10-15m? Absolutely I think. 

There's a lot of info/talk on the wages, but how many years is he going to get? 

He's 29, and due to the 1 year contracts for 30+, I'd say that we'd only be comfortable offering him a 2.5 year deal 

So, with a 30M transfer fee, 10M agent payout and a salary of 350K/week.  Clubs amortize the up front fees over the length of the contract, so that would be 40/2.5 = 16 + 18.2 (350K/week), that's 34M/season, that's what goes on the books.  That doesn't include any signing on bonus to be paid to Sanchez, haven't seen that number floating around either.

Sandro, on the other hand, if he would cost 60M, he's 27 next week, so let's say we offered him a 4.5 year deal along the same lines as Sanchez regarding our 30+ policy.  Don't know about any agent fees, but even if we go with 10M like Sanchez, that would be 70M/4.5 = 15.5M, almost the same as Sanchez, but his wages would be far less than 350K a week.

Mahrez probably cheaper than that, Telles way cheaper than that.

I know it sounds overly Arsenal-y, but that's how the clubs look at it.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Anyway, this is all moot, if we won't pay 1/2 of that for a position of need (LWB), there's no way we're going in for Sanchez.

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

There's a lot of info/talk on the wages, but how many years is he going to get? 

He's 29, and due to the 1 year contracts for 30+, I'd say that we'd only be comfortable offering him a 2.5 year deal 

So, with a 30M transfer fee, 10M agent payout and a salary of 350K/week.  Clubs amortize the up front fees over the length of the contract, so that would be 40/2.5 = 16 + 18.2 (350K/week), that's 34M/season, that's what goes on the books.  That doesn't include any signing on bonus to be paid to Sanchez, haven't seen that number floating around either.

Sandro, on the other hand, if he would cost 60M, he's 27 next week, so let's say we offered him a 4.5 year deal along the same lines as Sanchez regarding our 30+ policy.  Don't know about any agent fees, but even if we go with 10M like Sanchez, that would be 70M/4.5 = 15.5M, almost the same as Sanchez, but his wages would be far less than 350K a week.

Mahrez probably cheaper than that, Telles way cheaper than that.

I know it sounds overly Arsenal-y, but that's how the clubs look at it.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Anyway, this is all moot, if we won't pay 1/2 of that for a position of need (LWB), there's no way we're going in for Sanchez.

4 hours ago, whats happening said:

we should be after him since september 1. cant belive how short sited our board is. would be a perfect player for our team.

now it will be that the board 'tried' but he chose united, and the board did everything in their power to bring him... :yawn:

its all Emenalos fault 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You