Alexis Sanchez

milllz

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Mahrez or a new AMR in general is irrelevant to Barkley. Ross is a CM/CAM first and foremost, hopefully he will be used this way, needs to displace Bakayoko ASAP.

It's not irrelevant at all. Barkley and Mahrez would most probably take "same" position in today's squad.

If we play with Barkley, it's most probably in 3-5-2, with him as a most advanced midfielder, Hazard and Morata upfront. No place for Mahrez.

If we play 3-4-3, Hazard - Morata - Mahrez, the only way Barkley could play is in 2-man midfield. And I can't see it happening.

One thing is what we hope for (Barkley to kick ass in 2-man mid), the other thing is what Barkley probably actually is (baller with no real tactical discipline and stamina). We'll see, but I'm not overly optimistic.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, El P. said:

And I can't see it happening.

I dont know why not tho.

He has the creativity, he was always a fit guy running about and up on his defence work. I know I'd love to try him and Kante together

8 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's not irrelevant at all. Barkley and Mahrez would most probably take "same" position in today's squad.

If we play with Barkley, it's most probably in 3-5-2, with him as a most advanced midfielder, Hazard and Morata upfront. No place for Mahrez.

If we play 3-4-3, Hazard - Morata - Mahrez, the only way Barkley could play is in 2-man midfield. And I can't see it happening.

One thing is what we hope for (Barkley to kick ass in 2-man mid), the other thing is what Barkley probably actually is (baller with no real tactical discipline and stamina). We'll see, but I'm not overly optimistic.

You are right. Guess I'm hoping that after watching his interview, where he said he wanted to become a world class midfielder and also said he saw himself as a box-to-box MF, that he can progress enough to play that role in a 2 man midfield. Having a technical baller who can run around and pass, defend and score would do us a world of good.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You