Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

The latest is we're offering the transfer fee that Everton want, but Spurs have met Pienaar's wage demands...

Everton boss David Moyes on Steven Pienaar: "We've had one offer from Chelsea which has been accepted. The offer we have had from Tottenham hasn't been accepted. He spoke to me yesterday and said he didn't feel his head was right to play in the game."

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scot said after Sunday's 2-2 draw with Liverpool at Anfield: "We have accepted an offer from Chelsea. Steven has not agreed terms with Chelsea.

"We've given his representatives a chance to talk to Chelsea but they've not got permission to talk to Tottenham because they've not offered the same money."

Benayoun has been a great player in the Premiership and Champions League in his career. Was good for West Ham and Liverpool.

Well anyway lets hope it gets completed, should be a good signing. playmaker, excited, woo :P

Benayoun has been a great player in the Premiership and Champions League in his career. Was good for West Ham and Liverpool.

Well anyway lets hope it gets completed, should be a good signing. playmaker, excited, woo :P

Pienaar a playmaker? That's not true. The creativity he brings is the fact that he can get past a man and keep the ball with him while under pressure. His short passing and vision is decent at best.

But I agree with you that if he comes, it's a good buy.

We're not gonna be making 25-30 million pound signings, definitely not in January. I usually ignore the transfer section because i know we're not gonna get these big named over priced players. At the moment we need to build up more of a squad because when we're getting injuries, we're not having any quality experienced back up which is the main reason we are where we are with so little points and wins.

Maybe one day, or in the Summer Roman will say fuck it and pull out the big money again but it's not gonna happen for a while yet and most definitely not in the middle of the season.

Break even rules come in 1st of July this year so Roman can't spend anymore unless we don't make it into Europe. In that case, he can spend all he wants since it won't matter. As for Pienaar, if I were him, I'd reject all moves and go on a free this summer to get a better deal.

Yossi did alright for Liverpool in 2008/09 when they finished second... I'd have said he was their player of the season that year, personally.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso, especially Xabi, were immense that season. It was the only season I really rated Gerrard as a true world-class player. Pepe Reina was fantastic too and even Torres scored a lot (!) even though he didn't play a lot.

But I agree about Benayoun being a decent player and not as bad as some label him.

Well Pienaar is forward thinking and he does know how to pass and unlock defences. Someone we really need. Excellent player.

Benayoun was vital for them that season, specially that last minute goal at Fulham. Then he was benched for the whole of the 09/10 season for that Lucas and look what's happened to em.

People just don't understand the dynamics of the transfer market do they?

It's fucking January. Players are overpriced, and not just a little, massively.

The only deals we can hope for right now is :

1. getting players who're approaching the end of their contract

2. paying in the excess of 25-30 million (minimum) for the big names

3. loans

Good luck with getting Henderson/Sanchez/Luiz/Pato et al.

I'll be delighted with the likes of Pienaar if he were to come.

very true...........we just need a good playmaker who can help our strikers............its not neccessary tht he should be of 20-25m........pienaar is a good player n he has proved his worth in EPL so y not buy him.......n tht too in 3m so its a good deal

That simply means a) Tottenham can come back with a better offer and aquire him or b ) We can reopen talks and try and get the personal terms agreed (wages perhaps)

We've given his representatives a chance to talk to Chelsea but they've not got permission to talk to Tottenham because they've not offered the same money... [That being said] if Tottenham offer the same money that may change or maybe he will agree terms with Chelsea.

He would be more like a stop-gap in the team till Josh is ready in a couple of years time. With Lamps 34 and saying he'll have to take care of his injury for the rest of his career, Pienaar would be the perfect choice to replace Lamps when he's injured/rested and at the same time ensure that not too much burden is placed on Josh's shoulders at his young age.

Anyway, it's the Daily Mail so the chances of this happening are minimal. And BL, I thought Mail was banned? :P

33 on 20th June actually :P lol

A good signing if we can get him and at a bargain price. We lack midfielders and he'll have great experience to help us and the youngesters. He had like one ace season but he is ok to me.

He means in a couple of years time lol.

Pienaar will only be at ours for a year n a half to 2 years anyway i think and by that time we would have in mind a young player to play there and earmark taking over from Frank. This is only a short term move til we get the right player at the right age. But most importantly at the right price or what Roman willing to spend

Edited by OllieCFC