Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so confused about how many of you wouldnt mind Pienaar at the Bridge. Pienarr is everything we DO NOT want. The midfield being filled with another average older player to knock our promising youngsters further down the pecking order is useless and unnecessary. Pienaar will not carry Chelsea over his shoulder and out of this slump. I want our own blood coming through and giving the best the have to aid our club. Pienaar would shift our midfield around way too much. Him on the pitch takes McEachran out of the picture, lowers the possibility of playing time for Kakuta, and could very well shift Zhirkov into a leftback taking VanAanholt's turn.

Do not want.

What we need is a spark. Someone who is ready to light up our guys with some fireworks. Someone who will help our players find that groove again. Aguero and Torres particularly come to mind (VDV would have been a jackpot, that was a very bad mistake). All we need is perhaps a promising winger in midfield to give Anelka a run for his money (Neymar/Hazard/Sanchez) and we should be fine. Ofcourse we cant ignore the big hole in our defense, but thats a whole other problem.

Good post.

Maybe i'm wrong but last time i checked, Pienaar was a creative midfielder who chips in with a few goals from time to time. What we don't need is another defensively minded midfielder. Pienaar is a good player and defo worth £3m if that's all the bid is.

And some of these names being linked with us on here, WHO?

Pienaar has experience and more importantly premier league experience, he can also play as a winger, he's versatile, and he's not even 30 yet, he's 28. . How can £3m for someone like that be a bad signing?

Edited by OllieCFC

For our midfield 3 positions we have Lamps,Essien,Mikel,Ramires,Josh,Benayoun. We've got 6 players for 3 positions,we don't need another player there. Save that £3m for the summer and put towards somone useful that we actually want.

Pienaar has 9 goals for Everton in 4 years !!! He'll be 29 in March,so not exactly young either.

For our midfield 3 positions we have Lamps,Essien,Mikel,Ramires,Josh,Benayoun. We've got 6 players for 3 positions,we don't need another player there. Save that £3m for the summer and put towards somone useful that we actually want.

Pienaar has 9 goals for Everton in 4 years !!! He'll be 29 in March,so not exactly young either.

Benayoun is out till April - Maybe longer. And Josh will never be given 90minutes.

Benayoun is out till April - Maybe longer. And Josh will never be given 90minutes.

If Josh is never given a chance then that's the managers problem. Pienaar will be a waste of money even so. He's clearly wanting a big salary.

Maybe i'm wrong but last time i checked, Pienaar was a creative midfielder who chips in with a few goals from time to time. What we don't need is another defensively minded midfielder. Pienaar is a good player and defo worth £3m if that's all the bid is.

And some of these names being linked with us on here, WHO?

Pienaar has experience and more importantly premier league experience, he can also play as a winger, he's versatile, and he's not even 30 yet, he's 28. . How can £3m for someone like that be a bad signing?

Exactly this.

Everybody wants a big name signing LOL! Well for those of you that want a £30m player, keep waiting for that to happen and see where it gets you.

In the meantime the rest of us will be content that the smallest squad in the league is being added to.

People just don't understand the dynamics of the transfer market do they?

It's fucking January. Players are overpriced, and not just a little, massively.

The only deals we can hope for right now is :

1. getting players who're approaching the end of their contract

2. paying in the excess of 25-30 million (minimum) for the big names

3. loans

Good luck with getting Henderson/Sanchez/Luiz/Pato et al.

I'll be delighted with the likes of Pienaar if he were to come.

We're not gonna be making 25-30 million pound signings, definitely not in January. I usually ignore the transfer section because i know we're not gonna get these big named over priced players. At the moment we need to build up more of a squad because when we're getting injuries, we're not having any quality experienced back up which is the main reason we are where we are with so little points and wins.

Maybe one day, or in the Summer Roman will say fuck it and pull out the big money again but it's not gonna happen for a while yet and most definitely not in the middle of the season.

Pienaar would be an excellent addition for Chelsea as far as I'm concerned. He's a very quick player, and he plays on the right side as well, which is vital.

Spurs don't even need him, so I don't know why they're planning a move for him.