Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakuta is going nowhere. He said himself that he will learn more if he stays at Chelsea than if he plays for a smaller team.

And according to an 'insider' Kakuta wants to stay at Chelsea.

Honestly I think a loan will be nice if he is able to get some constant football.

Pienaar will have new club,but I think it won't be Chelsea.They say that the negotations have broken down.And like another people says,he knows that he will watch more Chelsea games from the bench so I think he will go to Atletico Madrid.

Carlo - We don't need Pienaar

Blues boss keen on signing a central defender

arlo Ancelotti claims Chelsea do not need Steven Pienaar at Stamford Bridge after his potential move broke down.

The Evertonspacer.gif midfielder's proposed £3million deal fell through after he was reportedly unable to agree terms with the Premier League champions.

The South Africaspacer.gif international's current contract at Goodison Parkspacer.gif expires at the end of the season and Pienaar,spacer.gif 28, is now expected to sign a pre-contract agreement with a major European club.

And Ancelottispacer.gif now claims the Blues' main target this January transfer window is a central defender.

Speculation

The Chelseaspacer.gif boss said: "There are a lot of rumours, a lot of speculation and names.

"Maybe sometimes some agents are using the names to earn more money.

"Pienaar is a good player and we know him very well, but this doesn't mean we need to have him play here.

"We are thinking about central defence. If we find the right player for us, we have the possibility to buy."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6663197,00.html

:chai:

Carlo said;

"Pienaar is a good player and we know him very well, but this doesn't mean we need to have him play here. We are thinking about central defence. If we find the right player for us, we have the possibility to buy."

Which begs the question; Why the hell did we bid in the first place? And why are we thinking about central defence anyway? Maybe an experienced loan signing but not a permanent transfer. We have 4 centre backs already.

Steven Pienaar is now understood to have been given permission by Everton to hold talks with Tottenham.

Skysports.com brought you the news that Pienaar had already held talks with Chelsea, but failed to agree terms and was instead set for a move to Europe.

Tottenham have long held an interest in the Everton star, and the Toffees confirmed that two clubs had made offers - but only one bid had been accepted, the one from Chelsea.

However, Spurs now hope they can succeed where Chelsea failed and agree terms after Everton sanctioned their talks.

But skysports.com understands that as it stands, Pienaar has received big offers from the continent and it would taken a substantial offer to keep him from leaving the Premier League.

So we won the bid. But Tottenham are in talks. Why the hell do they want him?!

We couldn't agree personal terms which either means he was asking for too much or wanted guarantees of a starting place. Looks like THFC will get him. He was asking for 75k/week which seems fair enough given that's what we pay Yossi.

We can do better than signing Pienaar.

Can we? Its easy to say we could sign Schweinsteiger or Sneijder, but the fact is we won't. They're too expensive.

Apparently they've let us talk with him. I swear he's coming.

Yup, even Sky Sports News are reporting it now which suggests there is a good chance of it happening.

stevenpienaar.jpg

I don't think so, i would rather Josh got a chance then a good player at an average club ! sidwell springs to mind !

Let's be fair, Pienaar is going to be sitting on the bench most of the time... so I see no harm in it.

Im so confused about how many of you wouldnt mind Pienaar at the Bridge. Pienarr is everything we DO NOT want. The midfield being filled with another average older player to knock our promising youngsters further down the pecking order is useless and unnecessary. Pienaar will not carry Chelsea over his shoulder and out of this slump. I want our own blood coming through and giving the best the have to aid our club. Pienaar would shift our midfield around way too much. Him on the pitch takes McEachran out of the picture, lowers the possibility of playing time for Kakuta, and could very well shift Zhirkov into a leftback taking VanAanholt's turn.

Do not want.

What we need is a spark. Someone who is ready to light up our guys with some fireworks. Someone who will help our players find that groove again. Aguero and Torres particularly come to mind (VDV would have been a jackpot, that was a very bad mistake). All we need is perhaps a promising winger in midfield to give Anelka a run for his money (Neymar/Hazard/Sanchez) and we should be fine. Ofcourse we cant ignore the big hole in our defense, but thats a whole other problem.