Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January isn't the time to look at the future. That's for the summer. In Jan you try short term moves that will help you see out the season. Simple logic.

I'm sure Edin Dzeko would disagree :whistling:

But I understand what you mean :lol:

Does anyone know what his current wages at Everton are?

I'd like to know that too. The only thing I was able to find out is that Everton offered him 50-60k per-week bout a year ago so he doesn't even earn that much at the moment..

We had £20 million bid rejected for Neymar in the Summer and Luiz a couple of days ago. I think it's more about finding the right player to spend the money on rather than not wanting to.

The self sufficient rule is stupid it won't be till like 10 years until the club has to be fully self sufficient, I think it starts at something like 80% then goes down 10% each year. So say our loses are £100 million we only have to make £20 million to be eligible to get into Europe. (I think this is right anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

There are no percentages in the rules, just hard numbers. We're allowed to lose 20 mill in each of the next 2 years then it goes down to 10. You can spend anything you like on transfers as long as it comes from revenue and not someone's wallet. Problem no 1 is that we are currently losing 40 mil per year and problem 2 is that our revenue has gone down 20 mil in each of the last 3 years from 280 mil to 240 mil. Having got rid of some expensive players last summer we're probably running at 20 mil loss this season. The board has probably allocated 20ish mil in the budget for transfers but the days of spending 50-100m are over.

Pienaar is a decent player and for 3M pound I would be the first one to be absolutly delighted...

his value is way over 10 Million Pounds and for 3M this is a fantastic peace of business....

he has a good injury record

gives his all in any game

could fire up Anelka and malouda (can play anywehere further up on the pitch)

he is tricky fast and has a decent passing

only thing to argue about is, how can we sell someone like corky and buy a player for 3 Millions? this dont gets into my head...

Pienaar is a decent player and for 3M pound I would be the first one to be absolutly delighted...

his value is way over 10 Million Pounds and for 3M this is a fantastic peace of business....

he has a good injury record

gives his all in any game

could fire up Anelka and malouda (can play anywehere further up on the pitch)

he is tricky fast and has a decent passing

only thing to argue about is, how can we sell someone like corky and buy a player for 3 Millions? this dont gets into my head...

And He's South African :getin:

Good God. Couldnt we get Titus Bramble as well ?

There are no percentages in the rules, just hard numbers. We're allowed to lose 20 mill in each of the next 2 years then it goes down to 10. You can spend anything you like on transfers as long as it comes from revenue and not someone's wallet. Problem no 1 is that we are currently losing 40 mil per year and problem 2 is that our revenue has gone down 20 mil in each of the last 3 years from 280 mil to 240 mil. Having got rid of some expensive players last summer we're probably running at 20 mil loss this season. The board has probably allocated 20ish mil in the budget for transfers but the days of spending 50-100m are over.

Yeah Man City getting round that revenue thing with lucrative sponsorship deals. Couldnt we do the same ? ''The Samsung Shed'' or ''The Middle East stand'' (appropriate some days) :whistling:

All in all this will be a very good signing.

He will increase squad detph because as good as the youngsters are they aint ready just yet, Peinnar is just a stop gap and he is a very good player.

Anelka joined us in January as a 28 going on 29 year old and all in all that has worked preety well.

Yeah Man City getting round that revenue thing with lucrative sponsorship deals. Couldnt we do the same ? ''The Samsung Shed'' or ''The Middle East stand'' (appropriate some days) :whistling:

Absolute shambles and makes a joke of the rules. Getting your brother who runs Etihad Airlines to sponsor you for some ridiculous amount is pretty blatant. The money for the football club and the airline come from exactly the same source. We'll see what UEFA do. We should just buy up all the hotels, bars, restaurants in the vicinity of SB as "food and drinks" revenue is legitimate according to the rules.

Absolute shambles and makes a joke of the rules. Getting your brother who runs Etihad Airlines to sponsor you for some ridiculous amount is pretty blatant. The money for the football club and the airline come from exactly the same source. We'll see what UEFA do. We should just buy up all the hotels, bars, restaurants in the vicinity of SB as "food and drinks" revenue is legitimate according to the rules.

It is a joke. I suppose something had to be done though -with a third of all European clubs spending more than they're earning it is no surprise that players wages are running at 10% increase year on year. If that continued it would only be a matter of time before a handful of billionaires control football. er.. bit like now really.

I see Platini was flown to Abu Dhabi to see Man City owners to ''discuss'' the new arrangements.......

It is a joke. I suppose something had to be done though -with a third of all European clubs spending more than they're earning it is no surprise that players wages are running at 10% increase year on year. If that continued it would only be a matter of time before a handful of billionaires control football. er.. bit like now really.

I see Platini was flown to Abu Dhabi to see Man City owners to ''discuss'' the new arrangements.......

Yeah exactly.

There's been a long standing urban legend that Real Madrid's expenses are actually subsidised by the Spanish government. To what extend this is true I'm not sure, but the shirt sales alone from Madrid would be enough to keep that deal "behind closed doors" - Case & points being, Ronaldo (Brazilian)'s transfer fee was paid off from shirt sales, on the first day of his signing :lol:

The secret to legitimately work around the financial fair play rule is to make the team a global brand. Media & marketing are the 2 main assets a club needs these days. Yes the lucrative deals are important (for example, ours with Samsung) - But teams like Real Madrid, hell they have their own basketball team! :whistling:

Yeah exactly.

There's been a long standing urban legend that Real Madrid's expenses are actually subsidised by the Spanish government. To what extend this is true I'm not sure, but the shirt sales alone from Madrid would be enough to keep that deal "behind closed doors" - Case & points being, Ronaldo (Brazilian)'s transfer fee was paid off from shirt sales, on the first day of his signing :lol:

The secret to legitimately work around the financial fair play rule is to make the team a global brand. Media & marketing are the 2 main assets a club needs these days. Yes the lucrative deals are important (for example, ours with Samsung) - But teams like Real Madrid, hell they have their own basketball team! :whistling:

Real and Barca are both heavily in debt, and true are subsidised by ''regional patronage'' Bit like the local council stumping up cash. I remember the last time Real were in debt they sold off their training ground to the govt in 2001?-2002.

Being Real (Royal) they also get allegedly Royal patronage. When they bought the World and his Dog a few seasons ago they got a loan of 150 million or thereabouts from a State Bank. now would that normally happen if you were 300 odd million in debt ? Could Pompey have got a loan ?

Also the TV revenue in England is sold as a collective lot by the Premier League -La Liga sells it off club by club and obviously the lions share is paid for the 2 El Classico teams.

I am sure there are imaginative ways round this ruling -and Gourlay is probably on the phone to China as we speak to get Chelsea pensioner dolls and Samsung Beefeater Teddy Bears to sell in the megastore.

Yup, seems like contract talks will restart.

I really do hope he can come.

I think 60k is the maximum we should offer. (Any lower is good...but considering Sturridge has 60k just for sitting on the bench...)

Fair enough. While I'm not of the opinion that two wrongs make a right it looks like we have to be happy with a 3m wrong that will help us fix our monstrous squad problem.

I just don't get how can anyone be delighted with this signing.

Because we have the smallest squad in the league!

Pienaar is a very solid Premier League player that would easily make the squads of Utd, Arsenal, City and Spurs - the clubs we are competing with for a CL place. He offers the possibility to rotate players without a significant drop in quality i.e. Malouda > Pienaar compared to Malouda > *one of the kids*.

Pienaar is a good player and will add more depth to a very small squad. £3m is peanuts for a player of his quality.