Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

Chelsea are pondering a £3million bid for Everton's Steven Pienaar.

The 28-year-old midfielder is out of contract in the summer and looked destined to join Tottenham but Carlo Ancelotti is eager to freshen up his squad and is willing to test Everton's resistance to a sale.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1345933/Chelsea-weighing-3m-Steven-Pienaar.html#ixzz1AiNBU65r

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't think he is all that? He seems very average in the Everton games I have seen this season. If this transfer is true I hope I am wrong, but at the same time for £3mill it's a bargain.

I think he's great. He's 28 years old and experienced at this level. Put it this way - he'd be a squad signing and be on the bench most of the time. But I'd rather play Pienaar in the Champions League against Bayern Munich than Malouda or Zhirkov, for instance. He is a naturally-talent box-to-box player and would really benefit us, ESPECIALLY at that price.

Being South African and from cape town this would make me extremely proud for steven :). He's extremly motivated and has a massive work rate. But i very much doubt he would come to us if he was to be a 'squad player'. I rate him very highly and he wouldnt demand stupidly high wages eitha.

Being South African and from cape town this would make me extremely proud for steven :). He's extremly motivated and has a massive work rate. But i very much doubt he would come to us if he was to be a 'squad player'. I rate him very highly and he wouldnt demand stupidly high wages eitha.

He would be more like a stop-gap in the team till Josh is ready in a couple of years time. With Lamps 34 and saying he'll have to take care of his injury for the rest of his career, Pienaar would be the perfect choice to replace Lamps when he's injured/rested and at the same time ensure that not too much burden is placed on Josh's shoulders at his young age.

Anyway, it's the Daily Mail so the chances of this happening are minimal. And BL, I thought Mail was banned? :P

Being a fan of Zola, I always notice small skillfull players. He's a good player and has done well. But I don't see him wanting to come here because he knows he will sit on the bench. I'm pretty sure he has played in most of Everton's games and would probably move to a team where he will be in the starting lineup.

He has his moments of magic for Everton but isn't really the type of Midfeilder we should be getting, and with the source, which i thought was banned, i am somewhat dubious on the fee. Pienaar isn't the type of player to take us forward, and i would rather have Hamsik, even though the chances maybe slim.

Totally uninspiring if true. No better than Benayoun IMO who must be maybe a month away from fitness by now?

As Esk said, we've got to sign players who are better than the ones in the first team, not more squad players.

A great player, no doubt. He's intelligent, has good awareness, and is a very good squad players.

But like various members have said, he's not the type of player we should look for. We need a playmaker, not a squad player, we're full of squad players. Essien, Mikel, Ramires.. Our only attacking midfield players are Lampard & Benayoun. And we know the problem with that is, Lampard's absence = no creativity.

If we're buying someone from Everton, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov would catch my eye.

I was thinking about this the other day.

We do need a couple of squad players who could come in for the short term, happy to sit on the bench and do a job if need be, maybe Manuel Fernandes aswell?

Has any-one else pondered a 2 month loan move for Marques just incase Alex dont recover on time?

Marques is playing for NY Red Bulls and would be avalible on loan till mid March

For that price i think the article is bullshit.. There is no way he wouldn't be snapped up in second.

Yup and he's a World Cup to pay for now as well.

No way Moyes would let him go for £3m joke.

I wouldn't doubt it honestly. He goes for free in the summer so they might as well get something for him. Same situation with Ibrahim Afellay, Barcelona got him for 3 million euros from PSV.

£3m is a steal, I would go for it. Probably could sell him for more if it doesn't pan out.