Chelsea vs Everton

BlueLion.

I'm going to avoid this thread and refrain from commenting (after this) because I'm scared of what I'll say. 2 statistics let us down today..

1) Ramires on for Anelka

2) Sturridge coming on in the 88th minute.

Goodnight everyone, I'm going to go get drunk at a party and allow football for the next month.

When Ramires came on he took Maloudas position in midfield and Malouda was pushed forward. I didnt see a problem with that.

Sturridge coming on in the 88th minute....dont see the problem with that either. Obviously the bench were aware that a considerable amount of injury time would be played and giving him 10 minutes to do something isn't such a big deal.

What we lacked today was someone who took the game by the scruff of the neck. We seem to try and walk the ball into the net when a simple foot through the ball would suffice.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deflating.

Although we can't put all our hopes on Lampard, considering it will take a team of players to breath life back into this season. Not individuals.

Agree, I don't see how Lampard is supposed to make us win the treble lol, we'll improve obviously but people were also under the impression that Essien being back would sort our midfield out, which it didn't

I think i don´t have to give my opinion on the match or the situation anymore. BL and other users did that in a well put way.

But on a slightly different note: i used to like Everton and their spirit making the best with what they have available. Today i lost my last bit of respect for them. They are bunch of dirty cnunts,

especially Cahill. what a proper cunt, same goes for Phil Neville, well to be fair to the boy, he is Garys brother and he is a sportsman, in a way. But still, he played dirty today.

Fuck them.

KTF !

Everton should have been down to 9 men, hope the away fans coaches all slip off the road into a cliff and get crushed to death.

I lol'ed at that.

As for the result, I'm nothing but disappointed right now. Our front line is as useless as tits on a boar, we just can't get the god damn ball in the back of the net. It's really frustrating seeing this. We better get our shit together sometime soon....

By the way, some of the shit that Henrique spouts is unbelievable. That wanker isn't even a Chelsea fan.

Today was a poor performance to say the least. The forwards need to do what the name of their position implies, get forward. Also, the nonsense of hoofing the ball up the pitch was, in Carlo's words, a "scared" tactic. There also seemed to be a genuine lack of belief and desire amongst not only the players, but the support at the Bridge. Perhaps it is understandable due to our recent form, but you have to believe you can win every match. Otherwise, you have lost or drawn before the first whistle sounds.

I have also noticed in our recent run that sides have exerted more pressure on us especially in the midfield. We need to combat that pressure by making quicker, more incisive decisions. This is an area where Lampard would be of great value. However, his return alone would not guarantee us of breaking out of our doldrums. The team needs to play smarter, more aggressive football.

I think if we weren't in this run of form we would see today's result in a different result. Draws in the last five seasons at home against Everton suggested this would be the inevitable result. I'm not overly concerned about the result - a point is a decent return against this calibre of team - but the performance was not satisfactory.

Everton are going through a terrible run, In bad form or good form, This is a disapointing result, In the run of form we're in, Its a disater.

Disappointing second half performance, disappointing result.

Lost the game with the substitutions.

We won the league last year by being positive, it isn't nice to see Carlo trying to hang on to a lead at home by bringing on Ramires and Ferreira, but I suppose it goes to show that's the kind of pressure Carlo's under right now. Paulo was brought on because of his supposed greater defensive acumen than Bosingwa, yet where did the goal come from? That's right - Baines. Ramires on for Anelka took the biscuit. Malouda was doing well in midfield, he should of been kept there. Sturridge on for Anelka would have been a better sub imo.

Reagrdless, we've blown our chance to go top, United and Arsenal become near must wins for us. Lampard isn't back, but that's no excuse, we should be winning against Everton with the side we put out yesterday.

I'm not going to defend players when I don't see them bleeding for the club. I'm disgusted with that second half performance, no two ways about it.

My whole week is fucked now :(

But still, KTF

Everton are going through a terrible run, In bad form or good form, This is a disapointing result, In the run of form we're in, Its a disater.

Thats always been the case! Sunderland were in a terrible run then beat us lol

Had it been a few weeks ago we'd probably lost this one so least we've slightly improved

Ahh I will miss this game unfortunately. Hang on, I will miss exactly the same game for exactly the same reason like last year. Nice :doh:

Well... and the result is exactly the same like last year. Dammit!

Glad i didn't have to pay for my tickets yesterday that wasn't the best was it. Had to be Beckford that scored didn't it, he couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo last week.

What a horrible cunt Phil Neville is, came running right over to us in the West Stand when they scored and went mental infront of us on his own.:angry:

Only postive thing was i got Bosingwa's warm up shirt. :yay:

We won the league last year by being positive, it isn't nice to see Carlo trying to hang on to a lead at home by bringing on Ramires and Ferreira, but I suppose it goes to show that's the kind of pressure Carlo's under right now.

And it seems he's unable to deal with it... In my opinion since a while he just plays our players (who are supposed to be the betters) and he begs the Lord to have a good result...

:tiphat: Thanks. He is a great man. Unfortunatly we can't say the same thing for the other players... "Other players disappeared."