Chelsea vs Everton

BlueLion.

Wow from 5 points clear to third and falling! You really have to blame somebody aye?

Things i noticed tonight:

Anelka is way off pace! honestly besides nearly making a meal of the one on one with Howard, he literally did fuck all!

The team were very wasteful! Giving up cheap possession over and over again.

Everton at times were very average and still seemed to dominate us.

Our reserves are fucking weak! I remember looking at our bench over the last few season and saying "Any of these blokes would be starting in any other team in the world" Not now!

Structure has gone! We look more like a bunch of kids going after the same ball instead of trusting your team mate, getting in a decent fucking position so that when he does win it he has somebody to pass it to.

Moral of the story! I miss Lampard and Ballack!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow from 5 points clear to third and falling! You really have to blame somebody aye?

Things i noticed tonight:

Anelka is way off pace! honestly besides nearly making a meal of the one on one with Howard, he literally did fuck all!

I dont get that...Anelka was one of the best player on the pitch and Drogba the worst, and people blame Anelka...The french fought, and Didier looks like that just care about winning Champions League before retiring, and people still asks for Nicolas' head and end up sayind that Didier is one the best of all time.

Where's the passion? Where's the ball control and the calm under pressure? Where's the urgency? How can it just disappear like this? Did it leave the team with Ray Wilkins?

I'm afraid this squad is just deflated beyond belief and possibly repair, at least in the League. I know we're only 2 points back of Arsenal, and there's a long way to go, but at this point I'm almost prepared to just say let's make an FA Cup run and a run at the CL title, without much regard for the league. Sad part is, if they play the way they have in the league in the knockout rounds of the CL, it'll be a short campaign. Hard to keep positive in the midst of so many negatives, but we've got to stay behind the team.

Against teams that just sit back we look like Barcelona with the ball control.

Against teams that actually press we play like Stoke. Get it up and out. Our players don't have the guile or speed of thought to play their way out of pressure.

Counter Attack used to be our great weapon

Nowadays I can leave to get some beer and when I'm back , they still cross the ball in the middle and wait the opponent to pack their defend tight.

After that we just try to pass the ball in to the box

I dont get that...Anelka was one of the best player on the pitch and Drogba the worst, and people blame Anelka...The french fought, and Didier looks like that just care about winning Champions League before retiring, and people still asks for Nicolas' head and end up sayind that Didier is one the best of all time.

You don't get that? Why am i not suprised! Drogba is a central striker who needs dynamic, fast passing, and quick footed players on each side of him for service. Anelka holds up the ball every time he gets it and waits for the opposition players to get into a defensive pattern before usually passing it directly to an opposing player, or goalie or corner flag.... Instead of dribbling it around the box, he needs to get it in there and force either a penalty or a defender to commit to a challenge. He does absolutely fuck all for me and is a wasted position on the wing. Anelka is a brilliant finisher, one of the best Ive seen, but he knows fuck all about playing out wide...

I'm off to bed! its 5 fucking am here and I'm raging!

843150301soccerbarclays.jpg

I think Essien was wearing a poppy today in remembrance of that Double we won last season...

Considering our run of appaling recent form, it might be hard to stay positive. That being said, we just have to keep the faith.

It seems to me that Chelsea supporters are coming to a sudden realisation that we may indeed not win the title this season. At this moment in time it certainly looks that way.

However we cannot afford to stop believing. For all we know, we might steal a win at Tottenham next weekend and use it as a pivot to rekindle our title hopes. I simply refuse to believe that we will not win the title this season based on recent form. In fact, it makes me optimistic.

Why? Because, despite us showing the type of form that would make us candidates for relegation had the season started last month for the last month, we’re still in touching distance. Arsenal are two points clear and United have the opportunity to extend that to four should they win their game in hand, but let’s be frank – neither of those sides are world beaters. Arsenal are so vulnerable defensively that they are looking very susceptible to sustainable pressure, and as soon as they come up against an organised team they fire blanks. United may be unbeaten in the Premier League but they aren’t exactly setting the world alight, either. I fear facing neither of them, because I believe that we can beat them both on our day, injuries and confidence permitting, of course.

To me, it is clear what has to be done. Ancelotti, or more likely John Terry, has to go fucking mental at the squad. Three things are undermining our season – complacency. bad luck and a lack of commitment.

There are players on the pitch who simply do not deserve to be there – but by injury or reputation, they are automatic starters. You must put some of the blame on Ancelotti here – it seems to me he either has his favourites or simply does not have the balls to drop some of the big name stars. This must be addressed – the best way to do it is to drop players who are massively out of form or performing below par; the likes of Kalou, Anelka and Mikel. This will send a message out to the players who are simply taking the biscuit and do not seem to care as long as they get their £100,000-a-week wages every Wednesday.

That links in to another factor that is threatening to put our title challenge to bed – a lack of commitment. You can see it best in Drogba, Anelka and Malouda – besides when defending corners, those three players did not come back once to help out defensively and help out the full-backs. It meant that the midfield was swamped and we lost out in that particular battle, whilst Cech and the defence – who were all brilliant today, I can’t fault any of them – are having to work overtime. There are players in this team who are starting based purely on the name on the back of their shirts and the reputation that comes with it, and this must be addressed by Carlo stamping his authority, or, failing that, Terry showing why he is captain. Ancelotti is incredibly mild-mannered or so it seems, but someone has to blow their lid to show that this is simply not acceptable.

The third thing that is a factor in our poor form is bad luck. We should have been given a second penalty today and similarly Everton made some unbelievable blocks today, whilst the woodwork was also a defining factor. You can say that football is a game of karma and what goes around comes around, but some game-defining refereeing decisions are going against us whilst the woodwork is having a massive say in our season at the moment, also. We have been pitifully unlucky with injuries but that is a part of the game that must be taken with a pinch of salt – it was also quite predictable at the start of the season that we would struggle this season considering firstly the small size of our squad and all the transition over the summer, such as the myriad of players coming and going. It has been all-change and time is needed to solve this.

With all that being said, someone needs to stand up and point out the obvious – this is not good enough. Five points from the last six matches puts us sixteenth in the form table at the moment. We have not only blown a five-point lead but potentially allowed Manchester United to open up a four-point gap, should they win their game in hand, which they most definitely will at Blackpool.

Relegation form is unacceptable from a side trying to defend their championship. It must be acknowledged that defending a title is so much harder than winning it in the first instance. We saw that in 2005/06 – the second half to the season (April apart) was pretty average and we ground out results where we could, and we were able to rely on our early season form to win us the championship. However, with the league being so competitive and unpredictable this season, that is simply impossible.

Consistency is no longer a factor in the Premier League – the team that wins the title will essentially be the “least shit” out of us, United, Arsenal, City and (I hate to even mention them in this way, as title contenders) Tottenham. To say that the team that lifts the trophy is the one that drops the least points is a “no shit” sort of statement, but it is absolutely appropriate – every “big” team is dropping points at almost every opportunity. I think no more than 80 points will secure the league crown this season – a figure that would have been scoffed and laughed at even a couple of years back.

I believe that, as slumps go, we’ve hit rock bottom. Things can get worse on a results front – we might well lose our next three games and then almost absolutely be out of the title race – but even a single win against the three of Arsenal, United and Spurs could realistically spark our season back into life. Three wins from three might sound crazy considering what has gone before it, but in the most topsy-turvy Premier League season since its inception,

The return of Frank Lampard will most likely get us back on track, that is a likelihood – that man could single-handedly put us back in contention for honours this term. Many people say one man simply cannot make a team, but in Lampard’s case, it can. It is impossible to say when he will be back – and along with that, how long it will before he is back to his best, but that man is simply world class and we have missed him like a hole in the head this season.

Ultimately, we should not abandon hope. United and Arsenal are both beatable and they can be caught. Consider this – even if we lose to Spurs and United, we can realistically go the Arsenal and beat them. There is something in the North London air that Didier Drogba seems to get off on, and what better way to get a season back on track than a win at the home of your most bitter rivals?

Once this run of games is out of the way, our fixtures are comparatively easier than the other teams in the top four. We’ll have played Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City away and faced United, Arsenal and Everton at the Bridge. Compare our run of games after the New Year to United and Arsenal, and we look like the team that will gain the most points next month, at least on paper.

This might be a shocking run of form but we cannot afford to give up. Keep the faith. Ignore the knee-jerk reactions. That being said, I don’t think it is fair for us, the majority of whom weren’t even at the game today, to criticise the fans who booed at the Bridge today. The performance was simply not good enough and people who pay £50 for a ticket are entitled to show their disgust if they are not happy with what they have paid to see.

All that being said – Carefree. It isn’t over until the Fat Lady sings.

well said Blue Lion ...all is not lost yet ,,BUT it is time for the players to stand up and put much more effort in ...today I felt too many were just coasting .

I will defend them in defeat if I can see 100% effort ..today didnt see that ,,,similar to the Sunderland game ...

they should be told they are in the last chance saloon now ....

big games coming up and for once Im not optimistic about the outcomes ...

c'mon Chelsea you are much better than this.

well said Blue Lion ...all is not lost yet ,,BUT it is time for the players to stand up and put much more effort in ...today I felt too many were just coasting .

I will defend them in defeat if I can see 100% effort ..today didnt see that ,,,similar to the Sunderland game ...

843150301soccerbarclays.jpg

I think Essien was wearing a poppy today in remembrance of that Double we won last season...

Considering our run of appaling recent form, it might be hard to stay positive. That being said, we just have to keep the faith.

It seems to me that Chelsea supporters are coming to a sudden realisation that we may indeed not win the title this season. At this moment in time it certainly looks that way.

However we cannot afford to stop believing. For all we know, we might steal a win at Tottenham next weekend and use it as a pivot to rekindle our title hopes. I simply refuse to believe that we will not win the title this season based on recent form. In fact, it makes me optimistic.

Why? Because, despite us showing the type of form that would make us candidates for relegation had the season started last month for the last month, we’re still in touching distance. Arsenal are two points clear and United have the opportunity to extend that to four should they win their game in hand, but let’s be frank – neither of those sides are world beaters. Arsenal are so vulnerable defensively that they are looking very susceptible to sustainable pressure, and as soon as they come up against an organised team they fire blanks. United may be unbeaten in the Premier League but they aren’t exactly setting the world alight, either. I fear facing neither of them, because I believe that we can beat them both on our day, injuries and confidence permitting, of course.

To me, it is clear what has to be done. Ancelotti, or more likely John Terry, has to go fucking mental at the squad. Three things are undermining our season – complacency. bad luck and a lack of commitment.

There are players on the pitch who simply do not deserve to be there – but by injury or reputation, they are automatic starters. You must put some of the blame on Ancelotti here – it seems to me he either has his favourites or simply does not have the balls to drop some of the big name stars. This must be addressed – the best way to do it is to drop players who are massively out of form or performing below par; the likes of Kalou, Anelka and Mikel. This will send a message out to the players who are simply taking the biscuit and do not seem to care as long as they get their £100,000-a-week wages every Wednesday.

That links in to another factor that is threatening to put our title challenge to bed – a lack of commitment. You can see it best in Drogba, Anelka and Malouda – besides when defending corners, those three players did not come back once to help out defensively and help out the full-backs. It meant that the midfield was swamped and we lost out in that particular battle, whilst Cech and the defence – who were all brilliant today, I can’t fault any of them – are having to work overtime. There are players in this team who are starting based purely on the name on the back of their shirts and the reputation that comes with it, and this must be addressed by Carlo stamping his authority, or, failing that, Terry showing why he is captain. Ancelotti is incredibly mild-mannered or so it seems, but someone has to blow their lid to show that this is simply not acceptable.

The third thing that is a factor in our poor form is bad luck. We should have been given a second penalty today and similarly Everton made some unbelievable blocks today, whilst the woodwork was also a defining factor. You can say that football is a game of karma and what goes around comes around, but some game-defining refereeing decisions are going against us whilst the woodwork is having a massive say in our season at the moment, also. We have been pitifully unlucky with injuries but that is a part of the game that must be taken with a pinch of salt – it was also quite predictable at the start of the season that we would struggle this season considering firstly the small size of our squad and all the transition over the summer, such as the myriad of players coming and going. It has been all-change and time is needed to solve this.

With all that being said, someone needs to stand up and point out the obvious – this is not good enough. Five points from the last six matches puts us sixteenth in the form table at the moment. We have not only blown a five-point lead but potentially allowed Manchester United to open up a four-point gap, should they win their game in hand, which they most definitely will at Blackpool.

Relegation form is unacceptable from a side trying to defend their championship. It must be acknowledged that defending a title is so much harder than winning it in the first instance. We saw that in 2005/06 – the second half to the season (April apart) was pretty average and we ground out results where we could, and we were able to rely on our early season form to win us the championship. However, with the league being so competitive and unpredictable this season, that is simply impossible.

Consistency is no longer a factor in the Premier League – the team that wins the title will essentially be the “least shit” out of us, United, Arsenal, City and (I hate to even mention them in this way, as title contenders) Tottenham. To say that the team that lifts the trophy is the one that drops the least points is a “no shit” sort of statement, but it is absolutely appropriate – every “big” team is dropping points at almost every opportunity. I think no more than 80 points will secure the league crown this season – a figure that would have been scoffed and laughed at even a couple of years back.

I believe that, as slumps go, we’ve hit rock bottom. Things can get worse on a results front – we might well lose our next three games and then almost absolutely be out of the title race – but even a single win against the three of Arsenal, United and Spurs could realistically spark our season back into life. Three wins from three might sound crazy considering what has gone before it, but in the most topsy-turvy Premier League season since its inception,

The return of Frank Lampard will most likely get us back on track, that is a likelihood – that man could single-handedly put us back in contention for honours this term. Many people say one man simply cannot make a team, but in Lampard’s case, it can. It is impossible to say when he will be back – and along with that, how long it will before he is back to his best, but that man is simply world class and we have missed him like a hole in the head this season.

Ultimately, we should not abandon hope. United and Arsenal are both beatable and they can be caught. Consider this – even if we lose to Spurs and United, we can realistically go the Arsenal and beat them. There is something in the North London air that Didier Drogba seems to get off on, and what better way to get a season back on track than a win at the home of your most bitter rivals?

Once this run of games is out of the way, our fixtures are comparatively easier than the other teams in the top four. We’ll have played Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City away and faced United, Arsenal and Everton at the Bridge. Compare our run of games after the New Year to United and Arsenal, and we look like the team that will gain the most points next month, at least on paper.

This might be a shocking run of form but we cannot afford to give up. Keep the faith. Ignore the knee-jerk reactions. That being said, I don’t think it is fair for us, the majority of whom weren’t even at the game today, to criticise the fans who booed at the Bridge today. The performance was simply not good enough and people who pay £50 for a ticket are entitled to show their disgust if they are not happy with what they have paid to see.

All that being said – Carefree. It isn’t over until the Fat Lady sings.

Quality post Alex! Just quality! :worship:

Feel as though its Uniteds to lose now. The defence was good -what a difference it meant having JT back. Ivanovich and Cole excellent.

Carlos substitutiions were a bit odd -was bosingwa injured ? As it was Ferreira struggled -Why take Anelka off ? he was having a good game.

One thing Mourinho could do was to get the players to control the pace of the game -eg 1-0 up you keep possession, bide your time then kill them off with a spurt of urgency. Being urgent all the time creates a sense of panic and misplaced balls. There was also not enough closing down when they were on the ball. All teams sense blood now and every team in the Prem will rate their chances against us, even at the Bridge.

Right thats the D &G out the way -Lampards return against the yids will add that composure -with hopefully some devastating passes and midfield goals. Though we cant just rely on one man -it'll mean the spine is back in the team. We might just raise our game against Yids, Redscum and Le Arse....

Oh and Cahill you're a dirty aussie cnut -you know you left your boot in....

-Why take Anelka off ? he was having a good game.

Anelka was woeful in the first half, particularly his passing. The only good thing he did was win us the penalty... he did nothing productive for most of game!

If there was anyone I wanted to see replace him, it would have been Sturridge, but he was never brought on, instead, Carlo opted for Ramires instead!!

I did say defending a 1-0 lead against a battering Everton team was risky business, and look what happened!!

Anelka was woeful in the first half, particularly his passing. The only good thing he did was win us the penalty... he did nothing productive for most of game!

If there was anyone I wanted to see replace him, it would have been Sturridge, but he was never brought on, instead, Carlo opted for Ramires instead!!

I did say defending a 1-0 lead against a battering Everton team was risky business, and look what happened!!

Its odd how perceptions of a player can vary :smiliecap1: -thought Anelka was good, and Ramires right to come on, but more sense to take off Kalou....

If Arsenal and Man Utd draw and we win we are back on top.

Deflating.

Although we can't put all our hopes on Lampard, considering it will take a team of players to breath life back into this season. Not individuals.

Agree. We have very capable team when they are focused.

However Cole, Lampard, Malouda trio is simply deadly.

I think if we weren't in this run of form we would see today's result in a different result. Draws in the last five seasons at home against Everton suggested this would be the inevitable result. I'm not overly concerned about the result - a point is a decent return against this calibre of team - but the performance was not satisfactory.