Chelsea vs Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big boost that Arteta got sent off today. But they still have a powerful midfield, it's always hard playing them.. No matter where it's played. Last season, it has to be said, Cech was at fault for 2 of the goals we conceded. But having him in solid form will help us.

A big boost that Arteta got sent off today. But they still have a powerful midfield, it's always hard playing them.. No matter where it's played. Last season, it has to be said, Cech was at fault for 2 of the goals we conceded. But having him in solid form will help us.

I think that is extremely harsh. One shot came off the back of the post and hit him as he attempted to save it, the second goal only came about because the ball hit Carvalho in fluke fashion and fell for Yakubu and the third was a Drogba clearing header than hit the back of Saha and hit Cech. You could put Casillas and Cesar in goal with him and they wouldn't have saved that. Cech was at fault for none of the goals.

I think that is extremely harsh. One shot came off the back of the post and hit him as he attempted to save it, the second goal only came about because the ball hit Carvalho in fluke fashion and fell for Yakubu and the third was a Drogba clearing header than hit the back of Saha and hit Cech. You could put Casillas and Cesar in goal with him and they wouldn't have saved that. Cech was at fault for none of the goals.

I disagree. During the time we played Everton last season Cech was very unconvincing in the games leading up to it and including it. Especially with the set pieces. He wasn't directly responsible but he did leave his defence with no confidence, his choices to come and get the ball/not wasn't clear and there was no communication between him, Terry or Carvalho. But like I said, he's left that blip in form behind him now, this season we've seen his confidence soar and he's more decisive than ever when coming to collect the ball.

Hopefully Terry, Lamps and Ess will be fit for this. We suck without them (which is shocking for a European topside). Don't rush them into the side though.

If Sturridge still doesn't get to start, all hope is lost for the young players.