La Liga Thread

Steve

Stats are there mate. 6 games when this one is over. 6 games without a goal for the team. Thats shocking.

Every team goes through a rough patch in a season and you can't judge a player that way just because the team are performing poorly.

Every team goes through a rough patch in a season and you can't judge a player that way just because the team are performing poorly.

At a vital time though, It shows that there the sort of player to go into hiding, instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making something happen (i.e Drogba)

At a vital time though, It shows that there the sort of player to go into hiding, instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making something happen (i.e Drogba)

Maybe you should actually go take a deeper look into Bilbao's season before jumping to such conclusions.

Didn't Bilbao just get a bit tired?

Yup. They don't really have a big squad and Bielsa hardly rotates them. Had a long compaign with the Europa League included and it didn't exactly help them either with the fact that they play a high energy pressing, attacking game under Bielsa.

WHICH TEAM SHOULD I FOLLOW?

Ok, so I want to start following a team in Spain, but can't decide which team to go for.

I'm stuck between:

• - Athletic Bilbao

• - Atletico Madrid

• - Valencia

I'm looking for a team who actually use some of their youth (unlike us, hehe), hence Athletic Bilbao being in there. I'm not a fan of the Basque-only policy they have though (I wish they'd just make it a Spanish-only policy), and it doesn't look like they'll be winning much any time soon. They seem like a naive bunch (the players.)

Atletico Madrid are in there simply because I like the kit, fans, Falcao (who could be leaving due to money issues between Atletico and Porto), location (I really like Madrid) and the way they play. I also adore Diego, but I'm not sure if he'll be returning now that his loan is finished. It's also nice getting to see Courtois play.

Valencia...Valencia... Valencia. Now, I like their history, I like their style of play, and I love some of their ex-players (such as Mata), but it seems like they're a club who scratch and claw into 3rd place in the league, and then sell off their best players, such as Mata, Silva, Villa.

I understand that there are some financial issues at the club. Are these issues likely to be gone any time soon? I've also noticed that Valencia seem a bit inconsistent. They'll smash a team 5-0, then lose 5-0 themselves in their next game.

I'd also like to know the following:

Out of the teams, who has the best/loudest fans in the stadium on match day?

Are any of those teams planning on moving to a new stadium any time soon?

Who uses their youth more; Valencia or Atletico Madrid?

Which team looks most likely to win something within the next 3 or so seasons?

Thank you guys.

WHICH TEAM SHOULD I FOLLOW?

Ok, so I want to start following a team in Spain, but can't decide which team to go for.

I'm stuck between:

• - Athletic Bilbao

• - Atletico Madrid

• - Valencia

I'm looking for a team who actually use some of their youth (unlike us, hehe), hence Athletic Bilbao being in there. I'm not a fan of the Basque-only policy they have though (I wish they'd just make it a Spanish-only policy), and it doesn't look like they'll be winning much any time soon. They seem like a naive bunch (the players.)

Atletico Madrid are in there simply because I like the kit, fans, Falcao (who could be leaving due to money issues between Atletico and Porto), location (I really like Madrid) and the way they play. I also adore Diego, but I'm not sure if he'll be returning now that his loan is finished. It's also nice getting to see Courtois play.

Valencia...Valencia... Valencia. Now, I like their history, I like their style of play, and I love some of their ex-players (such as Mata), but it seems like they're a club who scratch and claw into 3rd place in the league, and then sell off their best players, such as Mata, Silva, Villa.

I understand that there are some financial issues at the club. Are these issues likely to be gone any time soon? I've also noticed that Valencia seem a bit inconsistent. They'll smash a team 5-0, then lose 5-0 themselves in their next game.

Thank you guys.

Not sure if that is a question that can be asked. I mean if you want to follow and support a club, you should be going with your instincts. Choose the one you have the most feelings to, the one you feel closely affiliated with.

To answer your questions:

I'd also like to know the following:

Out of the teams, who has the best/loudest fans in the stadium on match day?

Are any of those teams planning on moving to a new stadium any time soon?

Who uses their youth more; Valencia or Atletico Madrid?

Which team looks most likely to win something within the next 3 or so seasons?

1. From what I know, I would say Athletic Bilbao's stadium - San Mames. Has been known as the most intimidating stadium in Spain apart from probably Camp Nou and the Bernabeu.

2. Not too sure about Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid but I know Valencia is building one now currently, would be known as the 'Nuevo Mestalla' and it will be a 75 000 seater stadium.

3. Not 100% sure but think it would Atletico Madrid.

4. Tough to say. Atletico Madrid have won the Europa League twice in the last 3 years. Athletic Bilbao reached two finals this past season but came up short. Those 2 definitely have the potential to win trophies under Simeone and Bielsa, who both just took over Atletico and Bilbao respectively this past season. Can't say much about Valencia just yet. Will be under new manager - Mauricio Pellegrino next season and gotta see how they'll do under him first.

I think you would make a good decision by becoming a athletic bilbao fan leif.

Valencia and athletico madrid have not much substance to them imo.

Bilbao uses youth to a big extent, and has a fantastic stadium and fans.

They could have a bright future ahead of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not looking for people to agree/disagree here with what I've written below (but feel free to voice your opinions on this as I'd love to hear thoughts anyway),

but what I'm wanting to know is - does this make me any less of a Chelsea supporter in anyone's eyes?

Of course it won't affect me regardless of what anyone's reply to this is, as I'll always be a Chelsea faithful, but it's not like being an Arse supporter and supporting Tottenham when they're against us!

I'm just curious to see how people view this.

(The written piece in question):

http://www.facebook....08455978&type=1

P.S. - I still got love for Mourinho!

+

I'd never root for Barcelona outside of the El Clasico.

I'm not looking for people to agree/disagree here with what I've written below (but feel free to voice your opinions on this as I'd love to hear thoughts anyway),

but what I'm wanting to know is - does this make me any less of a Chelsea supporter in anyone's eyes?

Of course it won't affect me regardless of what anyone's reply to this is, as I'll always be a Chelsea faithful, but it's not like being an Arse supporter and supporting Tottenham when they're against us!

I'm just curious to see how people view this.

(The written piece in question):

http://www.facebook....08455978&type=1

P.S. - I still got love for Mourinho!

+

I'd never root for Barcelona outside of the El Clasico.

I dont see whats the big deal leif, if you want to support the "spanish" then do so, this is football, you are a FOOTBALL fan, you can go ahead and like whatever you want and believe in whatever you want. You could stop being a chelsea fan at this second and there would be nothing wrong.

For your information barcelona is catalan. Catalonia wants independence, most of the players like xavi,busquets, pique, valdes, puyol are the type of people who may even be a bit prejudice towards spaniards. Barcelona as a club and individually are not spanish, they are catalan, basically another country, and another language. Pep guardiola has said it many times, and so have their players, so if you want to support the spanish under a certain context, then go for madrid, not for a club that is catalan. They arent "spanish" one bit.

Catalans-Valdes,Puyol,Pique,Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi, that leaves iniesta,villa,and pedro as only spanish starting material.

Catalans for the most part dislike the idea of being cataloged as spanish. You are malinformed in a way leif real madrid has always and will always be more spanish than barcelona, regardless of what the national team says. You have to know spain, they are a bunch of localities and sectors that want independence. Its not a united country per say.

Casillas,Hierro,Salgado,Helguera,Raul,Morientes, now that was a pretty madrid side.

Spain nationalism vs catalan nationalism everytime they go out there, root for madrid if you like the spanish lol.