LDN Blue

Yeah mate, I've got my gum boots and velcro gloves right next to me

You stay racist Australia

He calls me racist after a joke about nationality. Didn't realise I made a comment against your ethnicity. If anything you are the one being racist by stating that a nationalistic joke is racist. The implication you made is that New Zealand is one race of people.

Hahahahaha, read a dictionary before you use that word again.

:readthemessage:

He calls me racist after a joke about nationality. Didn't realise I made a comment against your ethnicity. If anything you are the one being racist by stating that a nationalistic joke is racist. The implication you made is that New Zealand is one race of people.

Hahahahaha, read a dictionary before you use that word again.

:readthemessage:

I didn't mean you were being racist towards me..

I mean I've never met anyone more racist than Australians.

I remember I was sitting on a chair lift at the ski field, we were talking about how he was from the Sun shine coast, he said '..you won't find many people other than Australians up there, we are far too racist for that'.

Obviously all Australians aren't like that, but he was representing you guys very well

Sorry Spike, I've taken this a bit too far, I'll keep things to myself

Good stuff holding Germany.

Probably my two favourite international squads on show tonight, France-Brazil.

FRANCE XI - Mandanda; Sagna, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Schneiderlin, Sissoko, Matuidi; Griezmann, Benzema, Valbuena.

BRAZIL XI - Jefferson; Danilo, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luís; Luiz Gustavo, Elias; Willian, Oscar; Firmino, Neymar.

Wanted to see Fekir and Lacazette in the line up, hope to see them, D.Costa and Coutinho.

Its nice not to see Hulk and Moura in Brazil's squad, i think Dunga did very well with the players he picked.

I didn't mean you were being racist towards me..

I mean I've never met anyone more racist than Australians.

I remember I was sitting on a chair lift at the ski field, we were talking about how he was from the Sun shine coast, he said '..you won't find many people other than Australians up there, we are far too racist for that'.

Obviously all Australians aren't like that, but he was representing you guys very well

Sorry Spike, I've taken this a bit too far, I'll keep things to myself

Good stuff holding Germany.

Yet I've never met anyone that truly holds a racist view. Perhaps there is pockets of racism but I've only ever encountered lovely people of all races and religions in Australia. I've always viewed Australia as a multicultural nation as everyone outside of those with Indigenous heritage have to claim their ancestry as immigrants. A European person belongs no more or no less in Australia as an African, Arabic or Asian person. People often confuse an odd Australian cultural facet of casual racism for actual racism. I've heard many a people say things like "I fucking hate useless black cunts" to friends of their's that happen to be black. I've even heard black people say "fucking useless black cunts". What people in other countries get offended by as racist probably wouldn't happen the same way in Australia. The cultural interpretation of racism is hypocritical in Australia, people will sledge muslims, but then go around to their best mate's house who happens to be a muslim. There have been issues of race in Australia just like every country but there are no movements like the Ku Klux Klan, nor are there any major political parties like the BNP. There was a party led by Pauline Hanson in the 90s that was incredibly right wing but it was a general embarassment and mocked by the media. The existence of the United Australia Party has been a ongoing joke on the Australian political landscape.

I've always felt the 'racist Australia' stereotype to be completely overblown. Australia has been shoehorned into this horrible archetype when other countries like South Africa, United States of America, Canada and the United Kingdom have perpetrated as equally and if not more offensive racial crimes in history. Do not forget that early Australians were just English and British people, so any early race crimes commited by Australians reflects back to the our heritage of the United Kingdom.

Yet I've never met anyone that truly holds a racist view. Perhaps there is pockets of racism but I've only ever encountered lovely people of all races and religions in Australia. I've always viewed Australia as a multicultural nation as everyone outside of those with Indigenous heritage have to claim their ancestry as immigrants. A European person belongs no more or no less in Australia as an African, Arabic or Asian person. People often confuse an odd Australian cultural facet of casual racism for actual racism. I've heard many a people say things like "I fucking hate useless black cunts" to friends of their's that happen to be black. I've even heard black people say "fucking useless black cunts". What people in other countries get offended by as racist probably wouldn't happen the same way in Australia. The cultural interpretation of racism is hypocritical in Australia, people will sledge muslims, but then go around to their best mate's house who happens to be a muslim. There have been issues of race in Australia just like every country but there are no movements like the Ku Klux Klan, nor are there any major political parties like the BNP. There was a party led by Pauline Hanson in the 90s that was incredibly right wing but it was a general embarassment and mocked by the media. The existence of the United Australia Party has been a ongoing joke on the Australian political landscape.

I've always felt the 'racist Australia' stereotype to be completely overblown. Australia has been shoehorned into this horrible archetype when other countries like South Africa, United States of America, Canada and the United Kingdom have perpetrated as equally and if not more offensive racial crimes in history. Do not forget that early Australians were just English and British people, so any early race crimes commited by Australians reflects back to the our heritage of the United Kingdom.

All valid points, it's the same here. I was just getting caught up in the stereotype.

My mate works up in Kununurra flying aboriginals to and from town, apparently it's real bad for racism etc up there.