Josh McEachran

Term-X

Nearing HT.

Worth noting that Josh put in some good tackles/interceptions.

On the ball he has been tidy, but lacking..adventure, and drive. He still makes some quite subtle, sharp positive passes, but hasn't really put his stamp on the game yet?

I also think sometimes his positioning is wayward.

Having said that I'd like to think this is McEachran at his worst - a tidy player, keeps possession, keeps play going, in the same way even when Hazard isn't at his influential best he holds the ball up well. And then we know what happens when they are at their best.

Still another half.

Timid. That about summed that performance up. Could've said toothless or even gone as far as gutless but I'll be kind. Clearly has so much talent but the game just passes him by so many times.

There have to be massive question marks over his stamina too because he looks knackered the whole time. Rarely breaks into anything more than a light jog, lazy in defence although his passing is accurate and his vision is often the best on the pitch.

Just watching Modric playing for Madrid and he's playing in a similar position, but everything is done with more effort. I have no idea if Josh can have a work ethic coached into him because so often that's something someone either does have or doesn't.

He could have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn't find a way to apply it on the pitch then it's meaningless.

Middlesbrough were poor but so was Josh. 5/10.

Average day for Josh, who seemed like he had a shock collar on him, not to venture out of zone. Just asked to be neat and tidy, give the ball to Leadbitter and let him run the tempo. Kinda reminded me of the way Mikel is asked to collect and pass off. He even passed it off to Bikey of all people and then backtracked behind him and let Bikey try to pick someone out. Why not just ask McEachran to stand in the fucking net behind the GK. What a waste Mobray!

I noticed his jogging and that moment at the end where he had space to drive into but instead passed to Bikey and then covered him at CB, as Middlesborough were chasing the equaliser. He does have poor stamina but them so does Mata and he works hard during games (not so much defensively).

That's you're opinion and I can live with that but josh is clearly more then that sorry if you can't see this... I'll give him further 3 - 4 years...

the same we went through with Cork when I called out for him to be hold on to... now he is one of the if not THE Starplayer for Southampton, make out of it what you want, but they where struggeling all the way till he came back from injury, since then he was always one of the if not THE best player for them and is probably gonna to be in the England Squad...

so Corky was here since 8 and is gonna be an England national player... so make out of it what you want for me this is a big loss, and josh is gonna be a bigger loss... you don't know and I don't know so lets both wait and see...