Josh McEachran

Term-X

Not to discredit Chalobah in anyway but what does he have to do with Josh's development? Why do we need to have a "holy grail" of youth players? I'm not denying that Josh doesn't have flaws in his game but that will come with experience and I hope he can get a loan spell to a EPL team next year so he can mature as a player.

McEachran is a talented player..but in terms of development, I'd say Chalobah is more ready.

I reckon McEachran needs another 2-3 seasons on loan before he'll be able to control the tempo of a game....

If we can find him an EPL club that will use semi-regularly, that would be awesome...if not, let him stay in the Championship and learn like Bertrand did.

Josh is good, but he is not ready by any means and it is very uncertain whether he will become world class or not.

I honestly think he will never break into our strating eleven, but basically because we are always buying the best players. I do believe he will be a good option for Chelsea though.

I sort of agree with Leif regarding Josh. Leif is not even saying that Josh isn't talented, he certainly is. What I think Josh is missing is that drive to the next level. Josh needs to start realising his potential sooner rather than later if he ever wants to be a first team player at CFC.

By that I mean he needs to start showing he's a class above the Middlesbrough players more consistently. Sturridge did this when he went on loan to Bolton, same with Jack Wilshere - I've yet to see the same with Josh. Yes he's young but ideally we want him to start showing that fire that shows everyone that he's too good for Boro.

Chalobah is showing more during his loan spell than Josh is IMO.

I only watched the last 20 mins of the first half but he looked good. Definitely one of the Boro's more lively players. But he missed a great chance right at the end to draw his team level. Completely skied it into row z.

I sort of agree with Leif regarding Josh. Leif is not even saying that Josh isn't talented, he certainly is. What I think Josh is missing is that drive to the next level. Josh needs to start realising his potential sooner rather than later if he ever wants to be a first team player at CFC.

By that I mean he needs to start showing he's a class above the Middlesbrough players more consistently. Sturridge did this when he went on loan to Bolton, same with Jack Wilshere - I've yet to see the same with Josh. Yes he's young but ideally we want him to start showing that fire that shows everyone that he's too good for Boro.

Chalobah is showing more during his loan spell than Josh is IMO.

McEachran is completely different to Wilshere, however the thing is no one will give McEachran any patience, i don't expect him to play for us till he's at least 23 or 24, that's still a long time. If he was a United player, Ferguson would know what to do with him and he would know that just like Cleverly it will take time for McEachran to come into the side. Players are different, people need to realise that, but Chelsea supporters don't because they have no patience.

Leif may not of said that he's a bad player, but he's never rated him from day one, i even remember that. But he's not the only one, a lot of people have said they're not really impressed, most of it just shows how impatient they are.

McEachran is completely different to Wilshere, however the thing is no one will give McEachran any patience, i don't expect him to play for us till he's at least 23 or 24, that's still a long time. If he was a United player, Ferguson would know what to do with him and he would know that just like Cleverly it will take time for McEachran to come into the side. Players are different, people need to realise that, but Chelsea supporters don't because they have no patience.

Leif may not of said that he's a bad player, but he's never rated him from day one, i even remember that. But he's not the only one, a lot of people have said they're not really impressed, most of it just shows how impatient they are.

Bit harsh to suggest Chelsea supporters don't have patience given the support they've shown Torres for well over 18 months. With Josh people just want to see progression because he has so much potential, but he's not been showing that grit and determination that you need at this level. He may well need another three years out on loan and I don't think Ferguson could've engineered a better loan for him that the one he's on but Josh's problem will be whether there will be a spot at the club for him in a few year's time. Players like Chalobah and De Bruyne continue to impress and may well compete for the position Josh wants, plus we'll be looking at signing someone in the summer.

He's always had the most phenomenal technique but you've got to have the physical tools to use them in the Premier League. He needs to develop his 'man strength' and fast.

I only watched the last 20 mins of the first half but he looked good. Definitely one of the Boro's more lively players. But he missed a great chance right at the end to draw his team level. Completely skied it into row z.

It would be nice to see him add goals to his game. Not saying he has to be Lampard, but I would say he's capable of getting 5 goals a season. Maybe needs to work on timing his runs, and shooting technique. Modric was another player who didn't score many goals, though, so not overly worried as long as we have other goal threats.

It would be nice to see him add goals to his game. Not saying he has to be Lampard, but I would say he's capable of getting 5 goals a season. Maybe needs to work on timing his runs, and shooting technique. Modric was another player who didn't score many goals, though, so not overly worried as long as we have other goal threats.

Indeed. I noticed a few times today where he could have made a run into the box and may be got something but his instincts seem to be to defend first.

I didn't get why Mowbray had Josh deep but along the touch line a lot today. Seemed to be used as support to defend Zaha which was an epic fail but when he advanced up he put in a good cross but no one around to put it in, and forced a good save. Taken off after 60 mins. Going in the opposite direction along with the club compared to Chalobah and Watford.

I hope Josh doesn't read these message boards, I don't think that would help his coming-out-of-his-shell much.

The club have high expectations of Josh. I certainly do as well. I doubt Josh is in any kind of shell. He's brutally honest about himself and his abilities and knows he's going to have his up and downs but the bottom line is he's actually playing and is a big part of Mowbray's set up at Boro. He's not exactly surrounded with the kind of talent that say Chalobah has at Watford. Josh needs another full season on loan and I think he'd be ok with that. Like others have said he needs work defensively and go for goal a bit more often to round his game.

Loan him to Wigan next season, Martinez knows how to coach younger guys well and get them playing well and ready for bigger clubs in terms of progression in ability. Cleverly and Moses are examples. I'm sure Angelo Henriquez will go back to Utd better, McCarthy and McCarthur have also progressed since going there. If they are willing, which I think they would be tbh because they have 3 CMs that I can think of. David Jones, James McCarthy and James McCarthur. Oh and Ben Watson forgot him.

Point is Wigan try and get the ball down, Josh could do with a step up from the Championship next year as hes done quite well tbh, perfect match as Josh is a player who is excellent in possession.

Anyone know how he did?

I heard he was playing centrally in a 4-5-1 as opposed to the wing where he has mostly been playing for Boro this season in a diamond 4-4-2. I heard he did well, though I did not watch the match myself.

I heard he was playing centrally in a 4-5-1 as opposed to the wing where he has mostly been playing for Boro this season in a diamond 4-4-2. I heard he did well, though I did not watch the match myself.

Ok thanks.

Good that he's playing centrally. Think he's wasted out wide.