The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I don't believe in these generalizations like blondes are stupid. But still. .

Blonde Convention : 80,000 blondes meet in the Kansas City Chiefs Stadium for a "Blondes Are Not Stupid Convention ". The leader says, "We are all here today to prove to the world that blondes are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer? " A blonde gingerly works her way through the crowd and steps up to the stage. The leader asks her, "What is 15 plus 15? " After 15 or 20 seconds she says, "Eighteen! " Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then 80,000 blondes start cheering, "Give her another chance! Give her another chance! " The leader says, "Well since we've gone to the trouble of getting 80,000 of you in one place and we have the world-wide press and global broadcast media here, gee, uh, I guess we can give her another chance. " So he asks, "What is 5 plus 5? " After nearly 30 seconds she eventually says, "Ninety? " The leader is quite perplexed, looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh -- everyone is disheartened -- the blonde starts crying and the 80,000 girls begin to yell and wave their hands shouting, "GIVE HER ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HER ANOTHER CHANCE! " The leader, unsure whether or not he is doing more harm than damage, eventually says, "Ok! Ok! Just one more chance -- What is 2 plus 2? " The girl closes her eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, "Four? ". Throughout the stadium pandemonium breaks out as all 80,000 girls jump to their feet, wave their arms, stomp their feet and scream... "GIVE HER ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HER ANOTHER CHANCE! "

:D

Until the last line i thought it was a true story lol... :D

Though, you still insist on having a car? That's what TorontoChelsea meant with kids not having a car till they are mature. There could be so that if you really want to drive at the age of 16-18 you'd need to pass the driving / theory exam and would need to have an adult (who has a licence and driving experience, not necessarily parents) along side you responsible for you. In that sense, I completely agree with TorontoChelsea.

Of course i do.

The reason being is that I can "allow " myself (if thats the right word) to be that way cuz i always have a ride back! Usually it is my mate who is clean so he can drive me back Or using the bus which helps me sober up enough if I have to face the generals in mom and dad.

And also teenagers driving under the influence and causing accidents has been on the decline as awareness and crackdows are at all time highs. The numbers for the country are still high but i know in my area things have gotten a lot better say from 5-6 years ago.

But hey if your of the opinion that teens shouldnt be driving thats your oponion, and i can respect that. I for one dont believe so, and cant wait to get behind the wheel.

Never got the excitement about driving. For me it's just a way to get from point A to point B. In the city with all the traffic, it's just something that adds to my daily stress. I'd much rather use public transportation tbh.

Of course i do.

The reason being is that I can "allow " myself (if thats the right word) to be that way cuz i always have a ride back! Usually it is my mate who is clean so he can drive me back Or using the bus which helps me sober up enough if I have to face the generals in mom and dad.

And also teenagers driving under the influence and causing accidents has been on the decline as awareness and crackdows are at all time highs. The numbers for the country are still high but i know in my area things have gotten a lot better say from 5-6 years ago.

But hey if your of the opinion that teens shouldnt be driving thats your oponion, and i can respect that. I for one dont believe so, and cant wait to get behind the wheel.

You are missing the point. I dont give a shit if kids get to drive, I just see how immature all this is - only aim is to get to a party without being embarrassed and to get 'hammered'. Who the fuck is going to drive your car back? Yourself? I know you are going to say sober driver but how many of them are sober in a teenage party where priority number uno is trying alcohol? That aside, how many of the sober people have licences and how many of them are there on foot and willing do drive you home and walk from your place? Odds are very slim and on the basis of that you'd most probably drive it back yourself. Fingers crossed one does not cause an accident and if he does, I hope innocent people don't get hurt, as for the drunk driver - karma.

Statistics might get better but it's due to the fact that recession just past us, people couldnt afford to buy a luxury product for their children. Let's see that research in 10 years time. Plus it takes one ignorant prick to ruin your life and your families life. You can argue that there are drunk drivers from every age group - you're right. But if I had to choose drunk adult with many years of PROPER driving experience vs drunk teen still wondering if his voice will stay as high pitched forever - easy choice in extreme circumstances.

Never got the excitement about driving. For me it's just a way to get from point A to point B. In the city with all the traffic, it's just something that adds to my daily stress. I'd much rather use public transportation tbh.

Same here. I've never been a car fanatic or too excited about driving. My parents think I should take driving lessons before it becomes too late, but I still think it's too early. I am not even 20 yet, my uncle is in his 40s and he started to take his lessons last month, and he has lived a perfect life until now.

Besides, I think for now I'd rather not have an extra worry in my life. Once I start to like cars, the act of driving and everything, then I might consider it. For now I think I prefer sitting my lazy ass on the bus rather than having to care too much about things I don't really like caring about.

Cyprus could be finished in a few months guyz. The banks r all closed. This law wasn't passed. Cyprus won't get bailout from anyone since to the rest of the EU it's pretty unimportant. Cyprus loves Greece and this law applies on everyone in Cyprus (except Greeks) so Cypriots would have had to give their share but no the Greeks.

Cyprus' decision to join the EU is backfiring. The banks here will be finished in a few months. The opening of the banks is being delayed every week. People r withdrawing cash every single day and when the banks open (god knows when) ppl will just take all their money.

Cyprus might run out of Euros so it could fall out of the Eurozone and it would go back the Cypriot Pounds.

Every Cypriot's nightmares has become reality.This country is pretty much finished. They refused to accept the Troika's condition without really having a Plan B. Cyprus' only hope is that Russia saves it.

What is there to learn about Tallinn?

generally it's positioning, how it originated on Toompea Hill. We were doing Europe so our text book has Talinn for a European Capital City. It explains how Tallinn is a really beautiful place for tourists,and that it has developed extremely quickly. They told us about how the old town has cobbled streets which r gr8 for pedestrains (there are maps and pics ofc). It tells how Tallinn's expansion has been planned really well as there are several forests and parks around Toompea Hill and the Old town. Also about how the major roads have been kept outside the old town.

Really is a beautiful place

@NishC300 and how would Russia help Cyprus anyway ? They have there winter games coming up , they have invested hella lot of money there so I dont really think they have enough money to really help Cyprus or do they ?

(to tag someone u can highlight their name on a post they have made and then click on "@mention". I'm not saying Russia will help Cyprus I am saying that it's Cyprus' only hope. Russia'll still have money to give to Cyprus. Cyprus is a small economy a few billion would be loads for Cyprus. The population here (excluding the North) is only 800,000.

Should I explain the thing that led to this in the first place? and generally the story surrounding the chaos that has been happening for the last few days. Also do u really think the winter games r more important to Russia than losing all the money they have here in Cyprus