The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

generally it's positioning, how it originated on Toompea Hill. We were doing Europe so our text book has Talinn for a European Capital City. It explains how Tallinn is a really beautiful place for tourists,and that it has developed extremely quickly. They told us about how the old town has cobbled streets which r gr8 for pedestrains (there are maps and pics ofc). It tells how Tallinn's expansion has been planned really well as there are several forests and parks around Toompea Hill and the Old town. Also about how the major roads have been kept outside the old town.

Really is a beautiful place

Yeah, all of it is true. Did it also say how Tallinn has some of the worst roads in Europe? Very car hostile streets. And that half of the population is Russian.

Yeah, all of it is true. Did it also say how Tallinn has some of the worst roads in Europe? Very car hostile streets.

Not really it says that Tallinn has cobbled roads from the Soviet Era (which it describes as a terrible time in Estonian history and it says that Tallinn has suffered throughout history from cruelty). It says the cobbled roads r in the Old Town where ppl don't take cars much. It says 3 million tourists visit every summer.

I'm at a crossroad in my life. It's time to let go of everything, my shame, my anger, my hatred, my sorrow. Till now I've been all of those things and not much else, my negativity defined my existence. I need guidance though, I'm not strong enough to do everything on my home, I need to something I've never done; ask for help. I look back at my life and realise I've done many things I'm not proud of, yet I struggle to recall the good I've given to the world, I've only taken. I must accept this as a fact, but I should not allow it to bring me shame. I can not change the past but I can control my future and that's what counts. I must accept my place in the grand scheme of life, let go of everything that ties me down.

Well, at 24, you are really just starting up. Take it one step at a time. Look at improving yourself as climbing a ladder where you start at the easiest, lowest sports and slowly climb up.

Sir! Good luck!

Ps: that breakfast could be the cause though :-)

I'm at a crossroad in my life. It's time to let go of everything, my shame, my anger, my hatred, my sorrow. Till now I've been all of those things and not much else, my negativity defined my existence. I need guidance though, I'm not strong enough to do everything on my home, I need to something I've never done; ask for help. I look back at my life and realise I've done many things I'm not proud of, yet I struggle to recall the good I've given to the world, I've only taken. I must accept this as a fact, but I should not allow it to bring me shame. I can not change the past but I can control my future and that's what counts. I must accept my place in the grand scheme of life, let go of everything that ties me down.

You've shown great courage and strength admitting this to yourself and that's the first step towards turning your life around. Good luck.

In theory it is pretty straight forward - look at yourself and see what you are unhappy about - try to change that step by step. Also do give something back to the community you can do some volunteer work (in hospital, animal shelters etc) or simply start to regularly donate blood - gives you stimulus to stay healthy and constant thought that you've done something that WILL save someone's life. Start to train, see old friends etc. Plus 24 is just a beginning of something great - remember that.

Any family members you can talk to for support or close friends?

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

It all really occurred to me a few days ago. I wasn't helping myself, I was just escaping with alcohol and drugs. I wasn't even enjoying them, I didn't like how I acted or felt when in that state. I took a long hard look at myself and how I got here. I've been looking at my life in an entirely selfish way and I aim to no longer do that. A lot of bad things have happened in my life, but I was just looking at how they affected me and not realising that the same thing happened to those I care about. I'm tired of pity and self deprecation.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

In theory it is pretty straight forward - look at yourself and see what you are unhappy about - try to change that step by step. Also do give something back to the community you can do some volunteer work (in hospital, animal shelters etc) or simply start to regularly donate blood - gives you stimulus to stay healthy and constant thought that you've done something that WILL save someone's life. Start to train, see old friends etc. Plus 24 is just a beginning of something great - remember that.

Of course it's a simple thing to say. But I know there is a lot of hardwork to do. First thing I'm doing is changing my lifestyle, no more smoking, drinking and other disgusting things. They are not for me.

Any family members you can talk to for support or close friends?

Maybe not my family, they don't take me seriously. Besides they are too overbearing and agressive, they won't try to support me they'll try to do everything for me. I need help not someone to do my work for me. My firends on the otherhand could help, but they are the negative sort, that will just scoff at my ambitions.

It all really occurred to me a few days ago. I wasn't helping myself, I was just escaping with alcohol and drugs. I wasn't even enjoying them, I didn't like how I acted or felt when in that state. I took a long hard look at myself and how I got here. I've been looking at my life in an entirely selfish way and I aim to no longer do that. A lot of bad things have happened in my life, but I was just looking at how they affected me and not realising that the same thing happened to those I care about. I'm tired of pity and self deprecation.

admitting your mistakes is one of the first thing when moving forward! your past is what has happened and u must forget about it and not repeat your errors. The good thing is u have the wonderful ability to make your future gr8! Keep Calm and Carry On!

(U've had an eventful first day here)

Welcome to TalkChelsea.Net