The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Bitch please, I've done well over 200km/h on a motorcycle. :P

But that's because me and Romper are stupid, don't listen to us kids and drive safely.

When I read people bragging about speed records I just can't stop to think if you crash - don't take innocent people with you. They don't deserve to die or be crippled. There is a reason why there are speed limits. Average driver can't handle more while being 100% in control of the car. I know many teenagers think they are Schumachers but fact is, they are still in baby shoes when in comes to driving responsibly. Sorry if it came out blunt and a bit cruel but you can't argue with this.

Bitch please, I've done well over 200km/h on a motorcycle. :P

But that's because me and Romper are stupid, don't listen to us kids and drive safely.

In Finland, you get speeding tickets based on how much you make, right? I know Teemu Selanne got like a $40, 000 speeding ticket.

When I read people bragging about speed records I just can't stop to think if you crash - don't take innocent people with you. They don't deserve to die or be crippled. There is a reason why there are speed limits. Average driver can't handle more while being 100% in control of the car. I know many teenagers think they are Schumachers but fact is, they are still in baby shoes when in comes to driving responsibly. Sorry if it came out blunt and a bit cruel but you can't argue with this.

Completely true!

Sometimes, I think that people shouldn't be allowed to drive until they're in their mid 20's (like renting cars). When I think of the way my friends and I drove when we were in high school, it was lunacy. You have a sense of immortality and don't fully understand consequences and do whatever you want. Cars make you so irrational though. There is a big psychological effect of being surrounded by steel that makes almost all drivers ass-holes. The number of deaths caused because people run red lights or take risks is huge and those risks/speeding is really saving 30 seconds.

Sometimes, I think that people shouldn't be allowed to drive until they're in their mid 20's (like renting cars). When I think of the way my friends and I drove when we were in high school, it was lunacy. You have a sense of immortality and don't fully understand consequences and do whatever you want. Cars make you so irrational though. There is a big psychological effect of being surrounded by steel that makes almost all drivers ass-holes. The number of deaths caused because people run red lights or take risks is huge and those risks/speeding is really saving 30 seconds.

It wont have any effect, you are just postponing the same atitudes for when you are 23-24.

I think 15-16 is a ridiculously young age to drive, but 18-19 is fairly normal. Yes, we do shit things (cant even say how much stupid things I did), but it is because car gives you a sense of freedom and superiority that we feel like superheroes. When you get older it becomes more natural and normal, so it just becomes one more boring thing in life (like an old toy).

If you were only able to drive with 24 (or whatever), it could get actually worse. The same experience you get with 18, you will with 24 and you will still do the same stupid things with your friends. Why? Because even if you are more mature, the new toy speakes louder! But also, you restrict people's life too much, so many 18-23 yo will drive illegaly without knowing and that is way more dangerous...

It wont have any effect, you are just postponing the same atitudes for when you are 23-24.

I think 15-16 is a ridiculously young age to drive, but 18-19 is fairly normal. Yes, we do shit things (cant even say how much stupid things I did), but it is because car gives you a sense of freedom and superiority that we feel like superheroes. When you get older it becomes more natural and normal, so it just becomes one more boring thing in life (like an old toy).

If you were only able to drive with 24 (or whatever), it could get actually worse. The same experience you get with 18, you will with 24 and you will still do the same stupid things with your friends. Why? Because even if you are more mature, the new toy speakes louder! But also, you restrict people's life too much, so many 18-23 yo will drive illegaly without knowing and that is way more dangerous...

No, it definitely does have an effect. You're view on life once you hit your early 20's changes a lot (especially once you have to go full-time into the working world). Teenagers don't make good decisions not only because they don't have the same experience, they don't make good decisions because they just have poor judgement and are extremely vulnerable to things like peer pressure.

Most people need an accident first to fully comprehend, but even then, i think most of the accidents happen by not knowing the rules well enough/not paying enough attention, rather than speeding. And drinking while driving is the worst, i prefer someone who's speeding but stays in control the whole time a zillion times better than some drunk guy on the road who's reaction is just crap.

No, it definitely does have an effect. You're view on life once you hit your early 20's changes a lot (especially once you have to go full-time into the working world). Teenagers don't make good decisions not only because they don't have the same experience, they don't make good decisions because they just have poor judgement and are extremely vulnerable to things like peer pressure.

I get that, but it wont change anything!

People will have the same reactions for their first car, with 18 or 25. They WILL drive fast and reckeless...

You are also not counting the amount of people that will illegaly drive in College. You know how things are at that age, it will only make things worse.

Also hormones make you an idiot and teenagers are awful at planning, consequences, and multi tasking concepts and ideas. It's mainly biological.

You were talking here about speeding and crashing. In Estonia, if you speed and kill someone, the victim's family must pay you compensation for getting in the way. This is no joke, such case happened recently. A young pimple faced guy (who plays online rally games btw and has done real life racing, who has a rich father and is generally a spoilt fuckface) hit some other kid to death. Then the lawyers or somebody fucked something up and the result is that the father of the dead kid has to pay compensation to the already wealthy killer. Welcome to Estonia, the sacred land of criminals.

You were talking here about speeding and crashing. In Estonia, if you speed and kill someone, the victim's family must pay you compensation for getting in the way. This is no joke, such case happened recently. A young pimple faced guy (who plays online rally games btw and has done real life racing, who has a rich father and is generally a spoilt fuckface) hit some other kid to death. Then the lawyers or somebody fucked something up and the result is that the father of the dead kid has to pay compensation to the already wealthy killer. Welcome to Estonia, the sacred land of criminals.

That is tragic.

I agree 100%. Personally I never drive over the speed limit or otherwise irresponsibly in places where there's even the slightest of chance of getting in an accident where other people are hurt. A couple of years back when I still had the motorcycle I was foolish enough to try my limits but even then I made damn well sure it was in a place with zero traffic (a quiet industrial area in the middle of nowhere at 3am, absolutely nothing happening there within a 500m radius). The worst thing that could've happened was hurting myself but I suppose that was the risk I was willing to take (like I said, young and foolish). I despise people who start showing off to their friends by driving irresponsibly right after getting their license and then they go on and kill their friends who are with them in the car when they crash or even worse yet, take out a car full of people who just happen to be driving on the same road when they lose control of their vehicle.

I got my car. I haven't gone over 20mph yet. I'm too scared that I'll scratch it. I'm also craving a Subway but I think the smell of Chili sauce in my new baby will bring tears to my eyes... :cry: