The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Russia have rejected Cyprus' bailout plea. So Cyprus' only hope is surviving has been killed.

Talks are apparently still going on but nothing seems likely.

So no help from Troika or Russia....

(The bailout plea was for 5 billion on top of the already existing 2.5 billion given at an extremely low interest rate)

Of course it's a simple thing to say. But I know there is a lot of hardwork to do. First thing I'm doing is changing my lifestyle, no more smoking, drinking and other disgusting things. They are not for me.

Didn't mean it in a bad way. More of saying that in theory it is easier than it is in practice. You are on the right track and from what I've read you've got your head on your shoulders - humble and ready to change your life for better. Good luck and stay positive. Quitting drinking, alcohol etc is a big step, many don't know that alcohol is really is depressant itself. Keep us posted.

@NishC300, I dont want to be rude or anything, but why dont you post the things about Cyprus in the thread you created for it?

Posting both places lol sorry if I am disturbing u but this is a serious serious financial problem here. The whole country could go bust in a few weeks.

Posting both places lol sorry if I am disturbing u but this is a serious serious financial problem here. The whole country could go bust in a few weeks.

You are not disturbing me, it is the pub and we all do what we want here!

However, I just feel it is very unnecessary to do so, since you have created a thread only for it...

I just realized that you live in Cyprus! Hope everything turns out okay........

I just realized that you live in Cyprus! Hope everything turns out okay........

thnx tbh there really is no hope. Only some miracle can save Cyprus. All shops, banks r closed. Roads r empty. Ppl r not going to work. Ppl r panicking Government is panicking. It's chaos.

thnx tbh there really is no hope. Only some miracle can save Cyprus. All shops, banks r closed. Roads r empty. Ppl r not going to work. Ppl r panicking Government is panicking. It's chaos.

Are you sure you didnt travel back to the 80s and landed in Brazil?

Sorry m8 I don't know that much economics (as I'm pretty young). Brazil is a country with lots of natural resources. Cyprus isn't.

Mate, I only did a joke about how it looks similar to Brazil in the 80s (what is so called the lost decade or the dark decade here).

Mate, I only did a joke about how it looks similar to Brazil in the 80s (what is so called the lost decade or the dark decade here).

Yea ik. I just read a little bit online that this period was called the lost decade. Brazil might have had some hope. Cyprus doesn't have anything.

(to tag someone u can highlight their name on a post they have made and then click on "@mention". I'm not saying Russia will help Cyprus I am saying that it's Cyprus' only hope. Russia'll still have money to give to Cyprus. Cyprus is a small economy a few billion would be loads for Cyprus. The population here (excluding the North) is only 800,000.

Should I explain the thing that led to this in the first place? and generally the story surrounding the chaos that has been happening for the last few days. Also do u really think the winter games r more important to Russia than losing all the money they have here in Cyprus

@NishC300, haha omg , thanks mate ^_^

Aright so , Why Cyprus is in such a big slump ? Well , I know the corporate media lies but since you're a respected citizen there , you might know the real truth .

Cyprus has $24b in GDP the debt is 60% or around $14b? It's not a lot of money , I mean they can work something out with the IMF ?

and Is it any true that Cyprus is where KGB and Russian Mafia stashes their black money ? If it is , I dont really think they would piss those lads off

@NishC300, haha omg , thanks mate ^_^

Aright so , Why Cyprus is in such a big slump ? Well , I know the corporate media lies but since you're a respected citizen there , you might know the real truth .

Cyprus has $24b in GDP the debt is 60% or around $14b? It's not a lot of money , I mean they can work something out with the IMF ?

and Is it any true that Cyprus is where KGB and Russian Mafia stashes their black money ? If it is , I dont really think they would piss those lads off

I'll explain 2morrow I need to sleep now. Goodnight