The England Thread

LDN Blue

But we are England! The greatest football side on this planet! We even won the world cup once and once we got to the semi final proving we are really good, woy is a genius who will win us the world cup in your country. A draw against Ireland shows we are contenders for the trophy.

LMAO! :lol:

Have you seen us recently? You will probably still win if you play like this...

Have you seen us recently?

We have rooney, Lampard, cole and some random MoFo's.

Oscar has more talent in his left foot than our whole sub bench.

But we are gonna smash you. :Goober:

Have you seen us recently?

I actually watched the game today, Rooney had quite a good game, but it is useless when you have Chamberlain playing in the left-wing!

The back four should also be a concern, only old Ashley to save you...

I actually watched the game today, Rooney had quite a good game, but it is useless when you have Chamberlain playing in the left-wing!

The back four should also be a concern, only old Ashley to save you...

Yeah rooney was pretty good. Tbf, he generally is against lesser opposition (no offence Mak). The back 4 has always been a concern since JT left. And the midfield is always a concern. We have pace, and width which is the only real positive atm, and some quality youngsters. Can't wait to see Chalobah in an England shirt.

Yeah rooney was pretty good. Tbf, he generally is against lesser opposition (no offence Mak). The back 4 has always been a concern since JT left. And the midfield is always a concern. We have pace, and width which is the only real positive atm, and some quality youngsters. Can't wait to see Chalobah in an England shirt.

Yeah, the team is good, but I don't think it is good enough to win a WC. Maybe a QF/SF depending on the draw...

My biggest problem with Roy Hodgson at the moment is, he seems to going through an identity crisis of just how he wants England to play. He cant decide on the approach he wants us to actually take and so he's trying to fit his system around the players he's got instead of the other way round.

He's got a good array of talent available to him (as good as can be..) but he needs to decide how he's going to use them. He needs to decide if his emphasis is on speed, direct play, long ball, wing play etc. Because if he's going for speed, then he needs be using a midfield that's capable of being quick enough to keep up with the likes of Walcott and Sturridge.

He can't decide on his midfield or strike-force and that's showing because these players don't know what they're supposed to be doing. Walcott's unsure if he's meant to be on the wings, trying to cross it, or cutting inside and going for goal himself. Rooney is unsure as to whether he's supplying Defoe, or he's supposed to be the pinnacle of the attack.

True, but ever since the whole JT thing the england team hasn't been the same. I still love the Euro's and world cup, and get behind the team then. But all these friendlys and qualifiers just get very... meh.

The problem is, we can't hope to do well in the Euro's and World Cup if there aren't friendlies for national coaches to find out.

The back 4 is a huge problem, because again Roy's got an identity crisis. If everyone's fit he has the choice of; Walker, Johnson Cahill, Smalling, Jones, Jagielka, Lescott, Cole, Baines & Caulker. He doesn't know where to play Phil Jones or Smalling in the first place so as it stands we're looking at

Walker - Jagielka - Cahill - Cole

Though, personally, I think if he gets the positioning of the players right we'd be better with;

Walker - Jones - Cahill - Cole

I'd love for him to try a 3-4-2-1, using the center back trio of Cahill, Jones & Smalling. Using Baines and Walker as wing-backs because Walker is a defensive mess truth be told. Baines has the speed, agility and intelligence enough to play that role as well. My ideal England XI would definitely be;

Hart

Jones - Cahill - Smalling

Walker ------- Carrick - Wilshere(/Gerrard)----------- Baines

Walcott --------------------- Rooney

Defoe

Just got back, Sturridge looked pretty fucked, hopefully it's not too serious. How crap were Walcott and Ox though? The latter should be nowhere near the team. The team in general did not look too great, but hopefully that's just due to it being a friendly.

I would probably play somthing like:

Hart

Walker cahill Jones cole

Carrick wilshere

Walcott Rooney Young

Sturridge

Pace wide. Rooney in his best free role. Carrick is ok in there and wilshere is one of the only stars we have. Defence is still extremely shit but unless the fa want to give jt back the captaincy like they should (obviously won't) I can't think of any better options.

Sturridge up front simply because he is the best option we have. He isn't a great finisher but then I would rather have him there than defoe.

Lampard super sub.

But we know full well woy will probably go something 4-4-2 ish with miller wide and gerrard in the middle and all sorts of weird crap. Like welbeck upfront.

And @ldn.

I know their needs to be friendlies etc, doesn't make them less annoying. And put problem lies in the lack of proper talent. Just think 6 years ago when we had 2 of the greatest midfielders in lamps and gerrard. A young rooney who was gonna be a world beater, JT who was one of the best centre backs and the unquestionable best left back in the world. Now we have a team full of premier league squad players. With only a few exceptions like wilshere, hart and possibly sturridge.

We can play as many friendlies in the world but it's not gonna make us world champions. I just want a bit of soul back in the team, rather than half of the man u team, consisting of the players who aren't that good for the most part.

And @ldn.

I know their needs to be friendlies etc, doesn't make them less annoying. And put problem lies in the lack of proper talent. Just think 6 years ago when we had 2 of the greatest midfielders in lamps and gerrard. A young rooney who was gonna be a world beater, JT who was one of the best centre backs and the unquestionable best left back in the world. Now we have a team full of premier league squad players. With only a few exceptions like wilshere, hart and possibly sturridge.

We can play as many friendlies in the world but it's not gonna make us world champions. I just want a bit of soul back in the team, rather than half of the man u team, consisting of the players who aren't that good for the most part.

I though England wasted the best year of Gerard and lampard . Instead of going to 4-3-3 and let those two bomb forward, they kept talking about whether those two can play together

England have to simply phase out the old guard. Lampard and Gerrard should both be dropped. Neither are really good enough at this stage to compete with the best midfielders. Lampard once again scored a goal but as a midfielder he was terrible this game. Same old shit really with England. It's such a pity that such a football crazy country has such a poor football team.

I though England wasted the best year of Gerard and lampard . Instead of going to 4-3-3 and let those two bomb forward, they kept talking about whether those two can play together

Very true.

You have no idea how mad I was with the england coaches who refused to play lampard and Gerrard to their strength. Instead they were listening to all the media bullshit that they can't play together when they both played 4-3-3 for their clubs. Their formation at that time should have been like this.

Johnson - ferdinand - terry - cole

Barry

Lampard - Gerrard

Wallcot. A.young

Rooney

It's getting fucking ridiculous now. Roy was never the right man to do this job, he's somehow managed to get England playing like a bunch of sloths and insists that half the team is full of United players. Drop Rooney for a start. This is why I don't want him at Chelsea, he is not world class anymore and does absolutely nothing for England. The thing is England haven't got a clue what to do with the ball or who to pass to next. No understanding between the players. Pick a fucking squad that matches a certain tactic and get them playing together over and over, and stop switching people in and out willy nilly, you can't expect subs just to come on and read the game like a god when he hasn't even played with the lot already out there.

I love England and all the rest of it but im getting sick of watching this team. Filled with mediocrity and banking on over-performances from players like Jones and Cleverly (fucking Cleverly!!) from their respective clubs. All this 'we want to win' bollox from before the game, yeah right. In front of a crowd of 80,000 and Hodgeson and co managed to make a complete ass out of themselves. I'm certain we will qualify for the World Cup but some serious shit needs to be sorted out before then, and god help us if we don't.

Rant for the day over.