The England Thread

LDN Blue

Yes indeed both teams are asked and must agree for the roof to be closed. You were asked first and said that you didn't wan't it closed. Officials could have overruled that i presume but for some reason chose not to. let's just hope its played later for the fans who are there sake.

no, the FIFA delegate asks both teams whether they want the roof closed or not. if one of them disagrees it's up to him to decide. both teams didn't want it closed because they know how dry the air is under the roof. i remember the Poland v Czech game during Euro played on the same pitch under the roof and the players couldn't even run properly in one half, not even starting on the whole match.

no, the FIFA delegate asks both teams whether they want the roof closed or not. if one of them disagrees it's up to him to decide. both teams didn't want it closed because they know how dry the air is under the roof. i remember the Poland v Czech game during Euro played on the same pitch under the roof and the players couldn't even run properly in one half, not even starting on the whole match.

Where are you getting the information that both team's disagreed because its saying on Itv that England weren't asked. Our officials would probably have been equally stupid but it is ridiculous that this hasn't been foreseen and prevented.

Where are you getting the information that both team's disagreed because its saying on Itv that England weren't asked. Our officials would probably have been equally stupid but it is ridiculous that this hasn't been foreseen and prevented.

official spokesman of our FA said so and all the commentators do too.

Why in the hell do the official's need 24 hours prior for "permission" to close a bloody stadium roof!? Absolutely barmy!

it is said that the roof could not be closed because of one team having already played their training without the roof and it is written in the rules that both teams must have the same conditions during training :rolleyes:

lol, it is pretty funny. when there is a roof. it starts raining hard 3 hours ago so surely logic dictates you shut the roof. i know you have to get permission or some bullshit, but they are fifa they should do whatever it takes to get the game on safely.

only annoyed as it means game will be on tomorrow or whenever and we are playing on Saturday lunchtime, not great for ashley cole. etc.

I feel sorry for all of the supporters. When I was coming home from my university (5 pm Polish time) I have seen some English supporters (and a lot of Polish fans too) who were entering the stadium. They have wasted some many hours in this bloody rain and cold.. -,-