The England Thread

LDN Blue

I think they are missing more players than England ...

Yeah dont think we have missed Barry or Gerrard -maybe Scott Parker.

Anyway the Chels contingent have made a good account of themselves tonight -havent beaten Italy since 1997

• 2 weeks later...

As things stand right now, Hodgson has called up all the Chelsea boys (Terry, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand, Lampard and Sturridge) to start England's qualifying campaign. 6 Chelsea players out of 24 in the squad is nice. No other club has any more than three of their players included.

This is what I think Brasil 14 England squad should look like:

GK

Joe Hart

Jack Butland

John ruddy

DF

Ashley Cole ©

Ryan Bertrand

Micah Richards

Nathan Clyne

Gary Cahill

John Terry

Phil Jagielka

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

MF

Adam Lallana

Jack Rodwell

Jack Wilshere

Josh McEachran

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Young

Adam Johnson

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

FW

Wayne Rooney

Daniel Sturridge

Darrent Bent

Danny Welbeck

Sturridge

Rooney

Johnson - Rodwell - Wilshere - Young

Cole - Cahill - Terry - Richards

Hart

Young - Rooney - Sturridge

Wilshere - Gerrard

Rodwell

Cole - Cahill - Terry - Richards

Hart

Sturridge

Rooney - Wilshere

Bertrand - Rodwell - Gerrard - Richards

Cahill - Terry - Jones

Hart

• 1 month later...

At last an England captain who's a role model, Wayne Rooney

(Look, dont mention the diving for penalties, smoking, shagging grandmother prostitutes, pissing in the street, swearing down a camera in front of millions, having a long standing affair and threesome with two prostitutes whilst his wife is 5 months pregnant, and the apalling disciplinary record..OK ?)

At last an England captain who's a role model, Wayne Rooney

(Look, dont mention the diving for penalties, smoking, shagging grandmother prostitutes, pissing in the street, swearing down a camera in front of millions, having a long standing affair and threesome with two prostitutes whilst his wife is 5 months pregnant, and the apalling disciplinary record..OK ?)

The FA really are a joke... Like seriously... WTF! Give it to lampard, or something, respected on the field and off the field. Or give it to joe hart. Rooney lol. John terry was no saint, but he was a fucking great Captain.

This guy:

wayne-rooney-puppet2.jpg

Really. Role model...

For once, why don't we play football and pick the best team to win at football. The off field issues can fuck off. It should be: who is our best captain? Just like its who is our best GK? Etc, another example of off the pitch issues dictating on the field issues. It would be hilarious if our new captain got sent off... FA STANDS FOR FUCKING ATROCIOUS.

Rooney only got booked once last season and it came on the last day. he doesn't have much of a temper anymore.

Still not exactly a "great role model". Though as i said previously, the off field issues should be off field. We should just make captain whoever is the best. I couldn't give a fuck if they are a complete dickhead, but are they a good captain....

Back before 2006 i had nearly as much passion for England as i do for Chelsea.

But since then my passion has gone down, couple of years back i could atleast fake it infront of my mates to avoid a lecture, now i can't even do that, infact i can't even refer to England as 'we' anymore.

If this carries on i will be celebrating any goals scored against them in a few years :lol: