Daniele de Rossi

the wes

This is a smart buy if we can get him, not only in terms of what he can offer but also what he can do for the younger blood in the team that potentially want that position in years to come. The fee is expected to be around the 10-12M mark, which for a top notch midfielder of his calibre it is very, very good business all told. Remember the amount of games we could face again, his age won't allow him every game, but what it will do is allow how to either sit tight to fetch on or start and give us a solid base from the kick off.

This signing excites me as much as a huge money buy, he's that good. The possibilities are endless with this bloke and by god would it give us more depth.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense on so many levels. We've made numerous long-term signings and put a lot of money into potential and the future. Signings like this, in the short-term, supplements that ambition.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/roma

QUOTE Roma midfielder Daniele de Rossi is a big-money target for Chelsea.

Il Romanista says De Rossi is now Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti's No1 choice to strengthen his midfield this summer - ahead of even AC Milan star Andrea Pirlo.

In reaction to speculation linking De Rossi with a £40 million bid from Real Madrid, Roma chief Bruno Conti last week scoffed: "De Rossi isn't worth £40 million, he's worth much, much more."

just 4 years ,,,,,

Ballack was around 29 too..De Rossi is my favourite non- Chelsea player much like Ballack was also.would love us to sign him.

Only downside for me is I presume him being Italian means he doesn't speak English...might hinder his play until he learns some due to the position he plays.tho may not be too much of a problem..

Really think we need a quality midfielder and de rossi is a good option, but in my opinion not the best option.

Witsel is so much better and a lot younger.

But also a lot more expensive ofcourse.

In the end Roma wont let him for less than 30mio :(

Besides, Candreva would be realy realy good bench player for us, realy class player and had great tournamemt at Confed cup.

But this does make perfect sense. Would be a great buy. And in the position he plays. Providing he can keep fit, age really shouldn't be a problem, and hopefully by then chalobah can be challenging for the role.

We have made some seriously good signings over the last couple of years, particularly younger players. We also have a very good crop of older, experienced players who are still capable of playing a big role for the club. One of the things in my opinion we lack is a couple more players in or around their peak (mid-late 20's).

De Rossi is arguably on the wrong side of his peak years but his performances for Italy still suggest he has a lot to give. The sort of fee being rumoured is in my opinion a steal and not an ultra-expensive risk. I would love him here, and him and van Ginkel would provide a very welcome boost to our central midfield options.

Fuck that, PSG can have the overpriced Cavani for all I care but I would be absolutely gutted if De Rossi went there too.

This is a deal the Chelsea board simply cannot afford to lose out on. If De Rossi is available for peanuts at a time when our team desperately needs a player like him, he simply has to be bought.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You