Moussa Dembélé

I love Dembele would actually prefer him over Modric if i had the choice between the 2 and i really rate Modric too.Its sad that some people rate him now just because he was highlighted on motd like most Utd fans on Twitter.

Indeed, seems a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon :P

I was hoping he wouldn't play well today, will only reignite the Spurs/United interest.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt he will go before the window shuts he might go in January there is talk of Spurs being interested and Utd,Madrid.Utd fans are creaming about him on there forum today.He will defiantly go in the summer though and i hope its too us.We were linked early this summer and if i remember correctly his agent said that Chelsea see him as a long term replacement for Lampard.

he was a quality player last year too.don`t think we have room for him at present but yeah i`d be happy with him.

not sure why some folks gotta say stuff like everyone is jumping on his bandwagon now after MOTD not sure why phrases like "everyone is ..." doing anything have to be said when it`s clearly not the case. how many people have you guys asked before today what they thought about Dembele?. he is hardly this great star you alone have unearthed. he`s been seen as a great prospect who has been gradually improving for a few years now,he`s been on the radar of many scouts,football fans etc..for atleast 3 years..we were actually linked first for him about 3 years ago,maybe longer. i know there`s plenty of Dembele fans on here who have expressed their feelings about him.

my main point is can folks chill out on the generalizations of what people think when it`s a diverse community and each person has their own opinions and that no presumptions of what they are should be made.

Love the post above :)

He is an amazing player, him and Mikel/Romeu in the double pivot - amazing...

Unlikely to come, but with Fulham, cash + Malouda might tempt them, and same geographic location - so no hassles to the players (moving etc) :D

Win win all round!

We don't need him imo, and while i like his abilities to get forward and beat people, i'm still not sure on his defensive abilities - very important for someone playing in the double pivot.

I would prefer Witsel or Modric if he doesn't go to Madrid.

We don't need him imo, and while i like his abilities to get forward and beat people, i'm still not sure on his defensive abilities - very important for someone playing in the double pivot.

I would prefer Witsel or Modric even if he doesn't go to Madrid.

Dembele's defensive contributions are just as good as Modric's. Even better IIRC. He's a very hard worker as well. I'll try and get stats and do a little write up in a bit.

He looks to be a good dribbler, but what are his passing skills? Could he dictate play, and tempo?

he could but Oscar is so good at that it wouldn`t really be his main job i would think. his passing is good.there`s a stat sheet from todays game earlier in the thread.yes it`s only one game but it gives you a sample of what he can do or atleast his success rate. i doubt he will come this window now tho. until we offload some Mids to the outside looking in it must seem like they would be buried on the depth chart for the next few years where as in reality i see atleast 2 or 3 mids leaving in the next 12 months. also with Dempsey seemingly on his way out it looks like Dembele is gonna be the main man at Fulham this season atleast, then Fulham can benefit by trying to get teams into a bidding war for him.

i would personally try to steal a step on the competition,put in a £20m bid for him now and let Fulham have him on loan for the rest of the season or until January. atleast something worth offering i think. would be ideal to avoid getting tangled up in a bidding war.

Indeed, the defensive side of his game has come along leaps and bounds since last season. Jol has done an excellent job with him. Few stats:

- Last season he made the 2nd most tackles in the league (112), only behind Cabaye with 117 tackles

- He averaged 3.1 tackles per game

- 79 total dribbles last season, the 3rd highest in the league behind Hoilett and Moses.

- He completed 1490/1681 passes, a pass success rate of 88.6% (Mikel's 982/1089, 90.2%)

- 51 key passes last season, averaging 1.4 per game

This is all from three quarters of a season when he was adapted to a deeper role, alongside Murphy and Diarra.

Comparing that to this season so far alongside Diarra:

- 121/126 passes completed with a success rate of 96%

- 9 tackles over the two games, 7 in todays game against United

- 3 key passes, all in todays game vs. United

- 12 successful dribbles over the two games

Indeed, the defensive side of his game has come along leaps and bounds since last season. Jol has done an excellent job with him. Few stats:

- Last season he made the 2nd most tackles in the league (112), only behind Cabaye with 117 tackles

- 79 total dribbles last season, the 3rd highest in the league behind Hoilett and Moses.

- He completed 1490/1681 passes, a pass success rate of 88.6% (Mikel's 982/1089, 90.2%)

This is all from three quarters of a season when he was adapted to a deeper role, alongside Murphy and Diarra.

Thanks mate. Saved me the trouble.

These stats illustrate exactly why Mikel and Dembele would compliment each other in midfield. He'd be a great link man in that pivot. If we sold Malouda and Benayoun to make room in midfield I'd be delighted if we brought him in to replace them. He'd provide further cover for the three in the 4231 as well as he's adept at playing there too. Would be an astute signing. Shame the board aren't looking into though.

Very impressive stats, he was outstanding today against United. Very confortable on the ball, great range of passing, combative and most importantly BELGIUM (we love those guys). Definitely one to keep our eyes on, going to keep a close eye on him this year.

And to think he's just a rookie in midfield. He's only been playing in that role for a year. So there's definitely much more to come.

I agree with the guy that said he holds on the ball too long at times. He can be frustrating when he does that. Needs to improve on that and his end product and his movement in build-up play.

I just hope he doesn't join Utd. He wouldn't even have to move to join us B).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You