Moussa Dembélé

I was impressed with his performance at Old Trafford as well. However one lifelong Fulham supporter told me that Dembele is brilliant everywhere outside the box. Apparently once he is inside the box, he loses the magic.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belgium golden generation. WOW!

--------------------Courtois------------------------

Alderveireld-Vertonghen-Kompany-Vermaelen

------------Witsel-Fellaini-Dembele--------------

------Hazard-Lukaku/Mirallas-Mertens----------

+De Bruyne, Lombaerts,...

I have feeling this team will be at least in semis next euro. 8 starters plays in england + 2 on bench and possibility that Mertens, Witsel and Alderveireld might join bigger leagues very soon. Fantastic team, reminds me bit on Holland from 2004 when their whole team was world class.

He's more of a player that likes to get forward a lot. How is he gonna be suitable for our double pivot role when people are already complaining Lampard getting forward far too often when being played there?!

This is incorrect. He's very disciplined and will stay back if he's required to. He only went forward more vs. United when Sidwell replaced Kacaniklic, giving Dembele more licence to roam (Much like when Yaya Toure is free'd at City). Besides, his defensive game is on a different level to Lampard's.

Belgium golden generation. WOW!

--------------------Courtois------------------------

Alderveireld-Vertonghen-Kompany-Vermaelen

------------Witsel-Fellaini-Dembele--------------

------Hazard-Lukaku/Mirallas-Mertens----------

+De Bruyne, Lombaerts,...

I have feeling this team will be at least in semis next euro. 8 starters plays in england + 2 on bench and possibility that Mertens, Witsel and Alderveireld might join bigger leagues very soon. Fantastic team, reminds me bit on Holland from 2004 when their whole team was world class.

To be honest they could suprise a lot of people at the 2014 WC. They are so talented and will only get better. They could be the next powerhouse. Belgium will probably go into the next Euros as Favourites.

Going to be extremely annoyed when he's a Spurs player come Saturday.

Me too. They may end up with several players I rate and wouldn't mind having here. Damiao, Dembele, and M'Vila.

Fuck Spuds. Fuck AVB.

I was never too sure about him but yesterday convinced me that he's an exceptional player and should be playing at a bigger club. He showed so much yesterday. Great control. pace, strength, dribbling ability ... I knew he was good but i was more than impressed in what i saw yesterday. Absolute beastage performance.

If you watched him play last season he did this alot when put back into midfield.It annoys me when i hear people say they want M'vila,Tiote etc.Why when Dembele defensive ability (stats prove this) is better than there's and he has superior technical ability and the ability to dribble past players.

In modern football, especially for a team using full bakcs, the defensive role isn't handed to the last player you haven't yet added on the game sheet... I mean he has to be a good defender on 1vs1 but he has to have a tactical understanding and a way to regain the ball with interceptions etc... Dembele hasn't this tactical part.

He can dribble players, well that's cool, he's quick with the ball and the ball is glued to his foot. But I'm not impressed by his last choices, especially in the last tier. He's not that creative, doesn't create that much goalscoring chances.

He's efficient to carry the ball up but he cannot shot, he cannot score, barely makes a huge difference in the build up of goals

You've more complete defensive midfielders (with the so important tactical part), better "box to box" (more decisive in their choices in the last tier). I don't see any role where he could be outstanding for a club like Chelsea.

I mean we cannot just be satisfied with the ability to carry the ball forward and eliminate players.

The massive difference with Ramires is Ramires' accuracy in the last tier, his passing quality and especially his creative passing in the last tier is soo underrated. Ramires has the ability to score important goals, he can make the difference with a pass. Dembele can't

Agree in the final third his lack of end product is poor he doesn't get a high number of assists or goals and his final ball can be poor.I actually think his shooting isn't poor or he is wastefull its more of a case that he doesn't shoot enough he ends up passing it to someone else.I would still buy him imo i'd like him in the 2 with Mikel portecting the back 4 i think he could do a good job there.

Dembele wouldn't be brought in the team to play the Xavi role though.

In my opinion he'd be the perfect guy in midfield next to Mikel because he compliments him. He works so hard up and down the pitch, and because he's competent defensively and carries the ball very well, plus has a decent pass he could potentially be a great link man. He wouldn't be bought to rack up goals or assists, his role in the team would be to ensure better transitions from midfield to attack.

Potentially Dembele has the right attributes to do that.

Perhaps he could stay at Fulham this season and we'll see if he can consistently produce the form he's been showing. If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at a top club.

Personally, I could see United going for him. He could be a revelation there, as long as they'd find a good partner for him at CM.

Dembele would be brought in as a second striker, with the option of being cover to Hazard in the number 10 role. Would love him here, he's just what we need.

He is not good finisher which ends as being our second striker. Secondly, Hazard has plenty cover in Mata, Marin, Oscar.

What we might need is classic striker or CM with defensive skills, lot of energy and good at marking. No more second strikers or attacking midfielders please.

and Levy is according to SSN`s also Lyon have reported that they are working on a deal with them for Hugo Lloris. both quality players..

I don't think Lloris wants to leave. Lyon said they will only allow Lloris to leave if he wants to. Though I'm just praying he stays.

If that's a good opportunity he'll leave, he carried enough Lyon the past seasons. I'm sad because this is very unfair. We got Cech and the high line and a lot of comical goals conceded... Spurs aren't sure to have the high line and they'll get a quick and explosive goalkeeper :angry:

And I really like Lloris and hate Tottenham.

I don't think Lloris wants to leave. Lyon said they will only allow Lloris to leave if he wants to. Though I'm just praying he stays.

i hope you are right and i`m wrong but it seems quite legit. can`t blame Lloris for wanting to leave if that`s the case as Seb said he has been carrying Lyon in recent years too much. the price they are saying is around £13m. it`s not in the "what the papers say" section of the tv reports like the Sturridge rubbish is.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You