Moussa Dembélé

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see this distinctly talented player join the spuds. 15m is a bargain. Levy might be a cunt and always ready for a an epic mistake but spurs make good business in their acquisitions more often than not. Dembele is seen as a 1:1 replacement for Modric. He might not be technically as apt, his passing is not as precise and his vision cannot compared to the croatian's but he is one of the most capable deep lying playmakers in the league, a player-type we, except for maybe McEachran do not even possess. Moussa is fast, can dribble is big enough, has good acceleration and is defensively one of the best mids in the league, so i would really consider hijacking the deal. We probably will never get a cheaper lampard "replacement"

Hate to see this distinctly talented player join the spuds. 15m is a bargain. Levy might be a cunt and always ready for a an epic mistake but spurs make good business in their acquisitions more often than not. Dembele is seen as a 1:1 replacement for Modric. He might not be technically as apt, his passing is not as precise and his vision cannot compared to the croatian's but he is one of the most capable deep lying playmakers in the league, a player-type we, except for maybe McEachran do not even possess. Moussa is fast, can dribble is big enough, has good acceleration and is defensively one of the best mids in the league, so i would really consider hijacking the deal. We probably will never get a cheaper lampard "replacement"

Oscar can be our Lampard replacement.

And while Dembele is an alright player, Modric is far superior - it will be interesting to see how Spurs do with a midfield of Dembele, Sandro and Parker (or do they only play 2 in midfield?)

Isn't Oscar going to be our deep-lying playmaker? Isn't that what he said?

he said he will be playing anywhere the coach wants him to. But IMO Oscar is a no.10. He might displace Mata or a winger if anyone but his physical and defensive attributes are nowhere near Dembeles. A deep lying playmaker has to defend. Even Lampard is more of a deep-lying playmaker than Oscar

he said he will be playing anywhere the coach wants him to. But IMO Oscar is a no.10. He might displace Mata or a winger if anyone but his physical and defensive attributes are nowhere near Dembeles. A deep lying playmaker has to defend. Even Lampard is more of a deep-lying playmaker than Oscar

I think Oscar said the manager wants him to play in Lampards position but he said he can also play Mata's.

Dont worry mate - 'chillen'...

We'll pick him up for £5million in the summer, when the Spuds get relegated - AVB is bound to fuck things up - he can't help himself...

But double pivot is not "lampard position", its only where he usually has to play in a 4-2-3-1. It would be suicidal to play oscar in a double pivot. Lamps position is the offensive part of a mid-three.

Don't remember Oscar saying anything about "mata'spositon" or "lampard position"

Spurs have not progressed so far this summer, they have regressed. ofcourse that can all change n the next 2 days but so far they have not improved.

Is Dembele an upgrade on Luka? no chance.

Is Vertonghen an upgrade on King? judging by Saturday not even close.

Is Caulker an upgrade on Dawson? on experience alone no.

Is AVB an upgrade on Harry? long term who knows but right now i doubt it.

Is Kane an upgrade on Saha? :lol: is all i have to say to that.

Dembele might be a very good player, but i think we are worrying for nothing, as it stands we should easily finish above Spurs if they make no more signing's, if they do ill re access my opinion.

Dembele might be a very good player, but i think we are worrying for nothing, as it stands we should easily finish above Spurs if they make no more signing's, if they do ill re access my opinion.

I'm not really bothered about that. It's just depressing seeing your favourite player go to Spurs.

But double pivot is not "lampard position", its only where he usually has to play in a 4-2-3-1. It would be suicidal to play oscar in a double pivot. Lamps position is the offensive part of a mid-three.

Don't remember Oscar saying anything about "mata'spositon" or "lampard position"

He did mention "Lampard's position" in the same interview he said he expects to be a starter in a month's time. I'm guessing Lampard's position means a double pivot position as that's the position Lamps has been playing ever since we switched to 4-2-3-1.

It was this interview I beleive:

http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/276775_confiante-oscar-diz-que-espera-ser-titular-do-chelsea-em-um-mes-e-que-pode-jogar-na-posicao-de-lampard

Yeah and even last year spuds did not make the CL :dance:

nonetheless: signing a palyer like dembele for 15m is good business, signing sigurdson almost on a free is good business too

well, caulker is a decent defender but rather fitted for a top bundesliga side or a bottom half EPL-side. Vertonghen is also a good prospect. So your right, spurs are an downgrade, as u can expect when AVB is the manager, he will bet on worse, younger players. But no one knows if it will pay off long term

It was this interview I beleive:

http://espn.estadao....icao-de-lampard

sorry my portugese is not as good as it could be, but if he really thinks he could displace Lampard, I am hugely disappointed with his attitude. How can a 20 year old nobody who has never won anything in his career be sure to swiftly replace the best midfielder ever?

I dont think its meant in a 'nasty' way - more like he hopes to one day replace Lampard...

Interviews are pretty subjective things...

Not knowing Oscar - I'm hopeful it was meant in a respectful way - in fact I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't... Lamps is a true legend, really hope he stays on in a coaching role or something...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You