Luka Modric

DavidEU

True! However, Marin can also play in a central attacking role as well, so can Mata esentially... but even if we do go for another playmaker, it shouldn't be Modric... Daniel Levy will just say no again, plus there are other playmakers available who are much younger, better and easier to sign than the Croatian!

That's true but if I'm not mistaken Marin's form at Werder Bremen started to drop after they sold Özil to Real Madrid and Marin was forced to play behind the striker where he's not as effective as in a wing role. So at Chelsea Marin should be used primarily on the wings and then play him in a playmaking role only if all other options are unavailable.

I agree with you regarding Modric though. There are plenty of other options available so no there's no reason for us to go and beg for that cunt Daniel Levy to sell us his players.

We DEFINITELY need a central playmaker, one who can dictate the play and tempo in midfield. Can't just have all our attacking threats coming from further forward and make it so easy for oppositition to defend against us.

Please no Modric. Doesn't score enough goals + we have Romeu, Mikel, McEachran, De Bruyne and now Marin to kick butt.

Please no Modric. Doesn't score enough goals + we have Romeu, Mikel, McEachran, De Bruyne and now Marin to kick butt.

It's too early to judge De Bruyne and McEachran, so far they're not in Modric's league at all.

So because a deep lying playmaker doesn't score enough goals we shouldn't get him?, yeah great logic, wouldn't surprise me if you were one of our clubs scouts.

I wouldn't take him if the price is still £40M! that's for damn sure! its a year later and he hasn't exactly set the world a flame like he did the previous year.

Still think Levy is a moron turning down that kind of dough for a want away

We DEFINITELY need a central playmaker, one who can dictate the play and tempo in midfield. Can't just have all our attacking threats coming from further forward and make it so easy for oppositition to defend against us.

Lampard has done that role really well since RDM appointment, absolutely no need to splash 35M+ on a player that i doubt is even an improvement over Lampard.

I don't rate Modric and haven't done so in 2 years. I was a fan before VDV signing, in Spuds formation VDV occupy the space that Modric used to run into and create his magic.

Players like Borja Valero and Ever Banega would be my preference.

Modric has lovely quick feet and can turn defence into attack with the drop of a shoulder but really.... Does he do enough? In Tottenham's recent bad run, has he come out and taken the bull by the horns and put in the extra 10%?

No, i don't think so. If we're gonna replace Lampard, we need someone who has similar qualities and tbh i'm now thinking that Ramires and Mata are better than Modric and they will be 2 of our middle 3. We don't need all of em.

Lampard has done that role really well since RDM appointment, absolutely no need to splash 35M+ on a player that i doubt is even an improvement over Lampard.

I don't rate Modric and haven't done so in 2 years. I was a fan before VDV signing, in Spuds formation VDV occupy the space that Modric used to run into and create his magic.

Regardless of whether it is Modric or not, we still need to get a creative midfielder and a quality one at that too!

Remember when Borja Valero played for West Brom? Didn't work well in the PL and he hated the climate. As for Banega I wouldn't mind him in our team!

Modric arguably the best playmaker in the league (and by Scholes the best) is not wanted by some of our fans?Lampard doing great as a playmaker?Then why the hell we got dominated badly in possesion agaisnt every decent team we have played.

Many of you aren't thinking and are saying mostly utter BS. Beg you pardon, but don't we play a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1? Why should we get a central midfielder then? Think a little. We have Obi, Romeu, Essien for the Defensive Midf position of "the 2". Then you got Lamps who is our "tempo - dictator". But when you got a versatile player such as Meireles to get that role and the English Xavi returning from Swans, he'll probably HAVE to get atleast 10 - 15 games for the same role. I don't see any point adding Modric if we were to kill Josh's career. Then we take a quick look at the wingers: Marin, Studge, Kalou(prob. Leaving), Malouda(prob. Leaving) and Mata. Mata plays in the hole, Meireles can fill that void too, as can...Lucas Piazon, who should take part in the Carling Cup matches and pre-season. With KDB coming and Kalou and Malouda prob. leaving we have only Studge and Marin. We need replacements. Versatile. Replacements that could make a battle for the position and to always want that position more than his adversary. Having thought so, Jovetic, Hulk, Piati, Hazard, Neymar, Lucas, Lavezzi, whoever you can think of. Having 4 wingers would be ideal for us. So actualy, what we need is ADDING WINGERS, NOT USELESS CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS. :)

Just look at the impact Scholes made when he returned, if we get Modric the impact on our game will be even bigger, because at this point, Luca is better player then Scholes.We need to start playing as a big team again, and what big teams do is control the game and dominate posession.

I think we should play ramires further back and have him as our defensive midfielder. he plays there for brazil so why not for us? he could play like yaya toure does at city cos then he can still drive forward. The only problem is we would then need a defensive midfielder who can also pass the ball because ramires isnt great at passing. When Mikel is playing well he would be perfect but i dont think hes good enough.

Many of you aren't thinking and are saying mostly utter BS. Beg you pardon, but don't we play a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1? Why should we get a central midfielder then? Think a little. We have Obi, Romeu, Essien for the Defensive Midf position of "the 2". Then you got Lamps who is our "tempo - dictator". But when you got a versatile player such as Meireles to get that role and the English Xavi returning from Swans, he'll probably HAVE to get atleast 10 - 15 games for the same role. I don't see any point adding Modric if we were to kill Josh's career. Then we take a quick look at the wingers: Marin, Studge, Kalou(prob. Leaving), Malouda(prob. Leaving) and Mata. Mata plays in the hole, Meireles can fill that void too, as can...Lucas Piazon, who should take part in the Carling Cup matches and pre-season. With KDB coming and Kalou and Malouda prob. leaving we have only Studge and Marin. We need replacements. Versatile. Replacements that could make a battle for the position and to always want that position more than his adversary. Having thought so, Jovetic, Hulk, Piati, Hazard, Neymar, Lucas, Lavezzi, whoever you can think of. Having 4 wingers would be ideal for us. So actualy, what we need is ADDING WINGERS, NOT USELESS CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS. :)

Lamps is not best at DM, old

Essien played bad this season, gettin old

Romeu is too young

Meireles is only backup, gettin old

Mikel is good in 4/5 games, he could actualy play there.

That means we still need DM, ala Moutinho,...

But another winger obviously. Hulk,...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You