Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had the journalist who broke the story on SSN, he mentioned he got a call from someone at Chelsea asking how he got wind of the story as they(Chelsea and Milan) were trying to keep the deal hush hush.

I think the main reason (if it is true) that he has been bought and loaned back is to guarentee he'd be with us next season. If we waited till next season there could have been a possiblity that the deal would never happen. Offering Milan the cash now was probably a sweetener to get it out of the way.

Edited by Aesthetic Relic

The Rossoneri released an official press release, claiming that there were no current negotiations in progress for the player and he would not be leaving the club under any circumstances.

"With regard to the items circulated this morning by the British press, AC Milan clarifies and reaffirms that there is no negotiation on Alexandre Pato, and that the player is absolutely unsellable," read a brief statement on the club's official website.

AC Milan have dismissed a newspaper report suggesting that Chelsea had agreed a deal to sign Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato.The 19-year-old rising star has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti was confirmed as the new Blues manager earlier in the summer.

One newspaper report claimed that Ancelotti had agreed a £45million fee with his former club but would allow the teenager to spend the next season on loan in Italy ahead of moving to England in 12 months' time.

However, Milan claim the story is completely without foundation and have reiterated their previous claim that Pato is not for sale at any price.

"With regards to the rumours circulated this morning by the English press, AC Milan clarify and reaffirm that there are no negotiations ongoing with Chelsea regarding Alexandre Pato, and that the player is absolutely non transferable," read a club statement.

Pato scored 15 goals in 36 Serie A appearances last season and is regarded as one of the brightest talents in world football.

Chelsea are set to pay £45m for AC Milan striker Alaxandre Pato and then loan him back to the Italian club for a year. (News of the World)

----

What's the point in loaning him back to AC Milan???? :blink::blink:

He aint ready for the first team :D

IF we go for any other strikers, we have to get rid of Pizarro and sadly Sheva. It is a bummer that Joey is injured so that Ancelotti couldn´t get a good look at his abilities. That means that we maybe go for another winger/striker even though we might have the perfect solution already - just injured.

I think we don´t Pato or Aguero, we just need a full fit Super Joey Cole, but yeah.... it is a vicious circle.

Our squad is brilliant as it is.

With DiSanto on loan to a top flight club, i think we look at another top striker prospect.

<br /><i>IF </i>we go for any other strikers, we have to get rid of Pizarro and sadly Sheva. It is a bummer that Joey is injured so that Ancelotti couldn´t get a good look at his abilities. That means that we maybe go for another winger/striker even though we <i>might </i>have the perfect solution already - just injured.<br /><br />I think we don´t Pato or Aguero, we just need a full fit Super Joey Cole, but yeah.... it is a vicious circle.<br /><br />Our squad is brilliant as it is.<br />With DiSanto on loan to a top flight club, i think we look at another top striker prospect.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thats true DV -also come next season theres no guarantee Drogs (though hopefully he will be) will be around or Anelka. Its insurance for a top player next season...hes better than that Robsomebody that went to Man City as well. My gut feeling is Di santo wont return, and the next dynamic duo could be Pato and Sturridge....

It is true that we have to sort the future of our attacking positions out, but i think we shouldn´t go for players like Pato and Aguero so much if they aren´t interessted in playing for Chelsea.

More singins like Youri and Sturridge would do good.

I really enjoyed the times when we were linked to every top player in the world but the guarentee that signings like Pato and Kun really pay off isn´t given...

As instead of buying young players, or players who are really ambitious like Zhirkov to play champions league with the Chels´ is more of a better investment.

Don´t get me wrong, I rate Pato and Aguero very highly, and would be amused to see them trashing the likes of United, but if it is so hard to get to these names... i just don´t know...

I agree with what your saying up there ^^^^ However, i just cant help but feel that if we had either Pato OR Aguero it would just fully complete our squad...He would be the new Ronaldo or Rooney type player that Manchester United always seem to have and we dont...They even still have Nani...But after yesterday...Not for a while teehee 0=). I cant think of many quality fairly young players aged 24 ish who want to play for Chelsea though. But when people come to Chelsea they all either stay, or leave with a fondness for Chelsea...The way our team is it turns players into Chelsea lovers

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea aim to sign Brazilian prodigy Alexandre Pato in a £40million deal - but not until next summer.

Carlo Ancelotti and the Stamford Bridge hierarchy have earmarked the 19-year-old striker as the man to supply the missing link in the Italian's masterplan to become Europe's dominant force.

But the Blues know AC Milan cannot sell the South American in the same transfer window that they have banked £56m from Real Madrid for Kaka.

Chelsea have let Milan know they are ready to wait until enough time has passed for the San Siro club to do a deal for the teenager - who turns 20 next month.

And the Blues are convinced San Siro owner Silvio Berlusconi is prepared to sell when the time is right and that Pato is equally keen to link up with Ancelotti again.

The likelihood, however, is that Chelsea's spending for this summer is now over at a total outlay of £22m plus the tribunal assessed figure for Daniel Sturridge.

Ancelotti has only recruited Sturridge, £18m Yuri Zhirkov, Ross Turnbull and Serbian youngster Nemanja Matic.

Despite claims from Spain, Chelsea were not seriously interested in Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero, even before the Argentine played in the Champions League qualifier against Panathinaikos, and certainly not once the striker demanded £200,000 per week.

They were - and remain - keen on Franck Ribery but do not believe the French flier is worth more than £40m, let alone the £70m-plus Bayern Munich wanted for a player who is keen to join the trail to the Bernebeu next year.

Pato, however, is seen as the next step for Ancelotti and his side to make significant progress when his capture can be confirmed.