Gareth Bale

the wes

Bale's a fantastic player, but he needs space. Bar those two big moments, he's been absolutely terrible for Real in the big games.

He doesn't suit Real, not the side they want to be anyway. Playing on the right with little space makes him look even worse.

I think he suits them perfectly. They want to play on the counter attack and when they play against teams that come at them he is a great outlet... The problem is teams have figured it out and he's not the best at breaking you down with a dribble.

Depending on a fee I'd be interested.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need two Hazard's IMO. I think Bale would fit in perfectly on that right flank for us. We need an extra killer in our team and Bale is exactly that. He's had a bad season but people shouldn't write this guy off.

Essentially he'd be an elite Schurrle for us. Exactly what we need on that right hand side IMO.

He's been that but the jury is still out on whether he can be it again. The transfer fee is one thing but wage demands are another... He'd make more than Hazard and that's just wrong on all levels.

I'm not against offering for him but it would have to be at a severe discount and his wage demands would have to come down considerably. His hamstrings go a lot and he hasn't really been setting the pitch ablaze lately. He's a threat that hasn't really shown why he is one... Proceed with caution

Pedro? lol he's been poor for a few years now.

We all know Bale isn't the greatest of dribblers but he's a PL type player, direct, quick and scores frequently. We desperately need more goalscorers in our team, right now we only have Costa and Hazard who get into double figures, literally, in all comps we only have two players who get into double figures... let that sink in.

He's quality and when on top form is one of the best wingers in the world.

Let me just post this video up so people can remember how good he actually is and not just judge him on his bad form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsIzHLctgI

People thinking he is/would be a winger for us need to watch this. Like I said earlier, he is at his best with freedom in the center where Oscar occupies now. That's where I'd want him.

He and Hazard interchanging would be magical.

I think he suits them perfectly. They want to play on the counter attack and when they play against teams that come at them he is a great outlet... The problem is teams have figured it out and he's not the best at breaking you down with a dribble.

Depending on a fee I'd be interested.

Real want to dominate matches, playing possession football on the opposition half. They don't want to be one dimensional of course, but that's their main style. That's why they play Modric-Kroos-James in midfield when everyone is fit.

Real played their best football when Bale was injured, with Isco-Kroos-Modric-James in midfield. Absolutely bossing matches with their abundance in technique, vision and clever movement. But Ancelotti can't bench Bale, and the football changed after his return. Though tbf, there's no telling whether they would be capable of keeping it up. But still, there seemed real cohesion in that set-up.

Bale doesn't suit them, and he's not good enough for Real tbh. Ronaldo scores every game, making up for whatever he lacks in his overall game. Bale doesn't, so his limitations just hurt Real.

People thinking he is/would be a winger for us need to watch this. Like I said earlier, he is at his best with freedom in the center where Oscar occupies now. That's where I'd want him.

He and Hazard interchanging would be magical.

Strongly disagree with this. Bale can play in the centre for a side like Tottenham, but not at Chelsea. You need far greater tactical intelligence than Bale possesses. Not to mention his lack of ball retention skills and vision. And the required work rate in Mourinho's system.

He's definitely a winger at top level. He has space and time there, and isn't too involved in build-up play.

Strongly disagree with this. Bale can play in the centre for a side like Tottenham, but not at Chelsea. You need far greater tactical intelligence than Bale possesses. Not to mention his lack of ball retention skills and vision. And the required work rate in Mourinho's system.

He's definitely a winger at top level. He has space and time there, and isn't too involved in build-up play.

I don't watch Real Madrid games. Today I went to the laundry though and was watching highlights on my laptop and happened upon someone who was a Real fan. He watches the games regularly and when I asked him of his opinion of Bale, he said Bale is "lazy" which shocked me. But hearing it again from you and now I wonder what are his qualities really ? We are this season finally putting away the bum teams regularly. We have to go to the next level now and need players who can compete with the best of Barcelona, Bayern etc. Bale is not one of those players. Particarly, he will be absolutely useless in the champions league given the slower tempo which is exactly where we need to improve our current perfrmance after the PSG result. Cavani and Bale are two mediocre players both of whose clubs will be praying that someone takes them off their hands this summer. I honestly hope it won't be us. His goals from Tottenham are all 30 yard screamers. He won't score those here. We have too many better players for him to be taking 10 of those shots every game and hoping that one goes in. This is the reason players like Falcao and Bale get to star for lesser teams and then flop when they don't have the same attention from teammates in bigger teams where the ball actually is distributed amongst other attackers. Same for Torres imo.

Mourinho will kill bale single handly, bale never tracks back. Mou will go completly mad

Seemed like he was instructed to stick to Pirlo? Hence no tracking back..?

P.S. Ive only seen the first half so far..

Bale will never be worth 100m or even close, but he is better player than people think.

That said, he fits PL and PL only, I doubt he will ever reach his top in Real even once Ronaldo leaves.

I don't like him. I don't think he is a player for teams who try to break teams down because he is technically poor and he doesn't have the footballing intelligence to play alongside the likes of Hazard and Fabregas who like to interchange quick 1-2 passes.

Sorry, but I'll pass. Bring on Griezman.

You can argue all you like about his qualities, but all those points are moot

The truth of the mather is that this transfer is never going to happen. Not when ManU is around with all their cash and desperatly trying to buy themselves to a new title. They will happily pay more than 80+million coupled with a huge wage, something we will not compete with and rightfully so

The English pundits are just slating him so that they can create an uproar in the Spanish media and force him to come back to the premier league.

United will probably be his next destination as I feel Di maria will be off to PSG.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You