Arsenal 5-0 Chelsea

11 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I'm not optimistic because they are better; it's OK to say that. They are a lot better and in case the eyeball check fails, the standings corroborate that notion. It's an away game, so that only makes things harder.

Of course we can do that Fulham did, but that's the rare event (and quality to Fulham to consistently pulling upsets). Who knows, I suspect the strategy will be similar to City's, but Arsenal players will be fitter and motivated -- can't understand not admitting City players were a bit jaded after the 120 effort they put in not long before our match, which also caused them to lose their marquee signing for our clash.

On the other hand, perhaps this is the time one of these counters connect and Jackson can get us the winner; stranger things have happened in football.

Are they ?
We did n't lose to pool, City. Why to them ?
But Palmer is out.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Are they ?
But Palmer is out.

You see long championships like the PL have something called the standings. Where the very best teams usually appear at the top, esp once a lot of it has already been played.

you evidently chose to ignore what city went through to play us. So, you will also ignore the fact Palmer can’t play just like Haaland couldn’t.

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

You see long championships like the PL have something called the standings. Where the very best teams usually appear at the top, esp once a lot of it has already been played.

you evidently chose to ignore what city went through to play us. So, you will also ignore the fact Palmer can’t play just like Haaland couldn’t.

No, I don't ignore. I read about Palmer today.
But I don't see how we were -relatively- good against the other two and not Arsenal now.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Are they ?
But Palmer is out.

It could go either way..either a repeat of our other top team performances where they surprise us..or be like the 4-1 loss against Liverpool where its a bit one sided...hopefully the first one

50 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

I'm going for a prediction of a 5-0 loss to arsenal or a 4-2 loss.

The post mortem will tell us.
Meanwhile I 'm going to have a small bet. They offer 6.00 - should have been 2.90. The relative probabilities are in my favour.

Lets see now what we will do without Palmer.. My guess is, fucking mess and probably a miserable loss.. 

22 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Lets see now what we will do without Palmer.. My guess is, fucking mess and probably a miserable loss.. 

Yeah, no Palmer, no chance. 

Zero confidence, man. I hate arsenal so much that it scares me and I am terrified that they might actually go ahead and win the league. I also feel like we cannot do anything about it. SO frustrating. Can't even remember the last time we beat them. Sigh...

https://www.11v11.com/teams/Chelsea/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Arsenal/

CFC H2H VS ARSENAL

CFC Games won: 66

CFC Games drawn: 59

CFC Games lost: 83

CFC VS ARS OVERALL GAMES PLAYED - 208

Since 17 September 2017 our CHELS has had a terrible amounts of draws and more losses.

Edited by KEVINAA

8 hours ago, robsblubot said:

you evidently chose to ignore what city went through to play us. 

You keep repeating this to downplay our performance but ok let's say this is true. Real Madrid game was the reason this time. What about two league games? It was similar. Arsenal game also, Liverpool games as well... If you don't know the table and you watched any of these games you wouldn't know who is where on table...

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You keep repeating this to downplay our performance but ok let's say this is true. Real Madrid game was the reason this time. What about two league games? It was similar. Arsenal game also, Liverpool games as well... If you don't know the table and you watched any of these games you wouldn't know who is where on table...

The Liverpool game we lost 4-1 and they hit the woodwork like 5 times. We were hanging on not to lose vs arsenal and city too. Awful performances 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I do not see such great performances. It was a good strategy and it worked to some degree with some clever counter-attacking which produce some chances -- they also had plenty of chances to score. We still lost all the same tho.

We can discuss how much of it was their fatigue vs our good game plan. I have my own ideas based on what I saw on the pitch. 🤷‍♂️

You are also comparing a single-elimination clash with a league game. Do you think the preparation, effort level, and intensity are the same? There is also traveling involved in CL.
Our game against City was not like a league game either, but we did not play OT and no travelling involved. Would totally understand if we are not 100% today, at least some players, but having a younger squad helps in this particular case. For ex both Cole and Fodden are struggling with fitness for pretty obvious reasons.

Edited by robsblubot