So now hes gone -who do we want ?

Steve Clarke is why Zola is doing so well at West Ham now and why Avram Grant did so well with us. He took all the team talks and training sessions when Grant was in charge. Grant was quiet and may have struggled if Steve was not there. He's worked with a number of great managers in the past and Zola has said that he is really good with the players and that he's training sessions are very good and organized.

Steve Clarke a Chelsea legend. He definitely deserves the job with the service he has given us over the years.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys and Gals, long time reader, first time poster!!!

After this afternoons new I jus thad to send a post.

Personally I can see Rijkaard being appointed although I would love to see Zola and Clarke back. Not sure if there are many managers out there who can take Chelsea to the next level. Moyes has done great at Everton and some one who demands respect from the changing room, he would be interesting, and wouldn't take any cr4p from the big ego's in our dressing room. I would like to see whoeve takes charge that it would be part of a bigger plan and that they are given time, lets write of this season, get to the summer get rid of the dead wood and sign players who want to play for Chelsea rather than players who are here for the money. I would rather see a player like Bullard who will run and run for the club than Deco or Ballack who loose the ball and do nothing to get it back.

Welcome to the forum!

I would agree that Rijkaard has to be the favorite for many reasons. Moyes i am not convinced about, i would rather O'Neil than Moyes. Can we take a chance on a relatively unknown like Barca did, look where they are now - could we do the same with say Brendan Rodgers, Zola or Di Matteo?

Wholesale changes are needed at this club, at management and player level. And we need someone strong to do that.

IF......and that a massive if Jose was to return a few things would have to happen.

By reinstating Jose, Abramovich would be publically admitting he was wrong in the first place to get rid of him. That would put Jose in a very strong position in that he would demand to do things his way and with no one poking their nose in.

Or....

Jose would have to bite the bullet and go with the way Abramovich wants to run things. BAsically he'd be back where he was when he left.

I cant see either happening if I'm honest.

STEVE BLOODY CLARKE!!!!

Forget Zola, he is too soft to handle players like Drogba, Anelka. And other sulkers.

Jose mourinho would come back, bu then it would mean either him or Roman would have to budge to the demands of the other. And knowing both, neither would do that. So he is out of the frame.

Rijkaard...I hate him....But bringing Zola would be a disaster for me.

Get Steve Clarke PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Edited by warnie_666

I just hate him ever since our clashes with Barcelona. And now I dont want him to manage my club.

Rijkaard was the barca manager then, he did nothing wrong. I would say mourinho was the one who started it all . Mourinho was the one who accused Rijkaard of everything, Rijkaard got the better of mourinho in that saga i would say. He is a fanatstic manager, and i think he will bring a great dutch coaching team with him, pass and move is the Rijkaard way.