So now hes gone -who do we want ?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham have pretty much said bog off over Zola

And hiddink his agent said :he is is out of the running

"Guus wants to qualify for World Cup for a fourth time in a row and with a fourth different team. There's no chance of him going to Chelsea as he very much likes what he is doing,” Cees van Nieuwenhuizen told BBC Radio 5 Live.

Hahaha McClaren omfg I'd laugh so much until realise its true..he can stay were he is with hisbad fake dutch accent

I want the obvious but aint gana happen :(

Edited by Laylabelle

I wanted this man after Mourinho left and I would like to have him now as well - Chris Coleman. I liked him when he was a Fulham manager

But sure, Zola & Clarkey is my dream

Edited by milan.cech

If I was Jose I'd be laughing cause by the way it seems we want someone who can achieve what he did..in one season and tbh I dont think we will or they might you know need another season

Bleh least Keynons smug face aint been shown anywhere..sure he was a great help

On 5-Live they were saying Zola wont come...apparently West Ham are releasing a statement on their club website stating this.

Hiddink also looks unlikely as he's in the middle of a WC campaign and RA would not be made welcome back in Russia if he took him away from the national side.

Mancini is the only decent manager out there who'd out of work at present.

A very brief word of mine on the names that have been appearing:

Zola - Not ready for the job yet and it's too much of a risk to take. I don't want our relationship broken with him if he turns out to not be the best manager at the Bridge. In a few years, yes. But only when he looks ready to take over us. Give him some experience at the Hammers.

Grant - We didn't think he was good enough last season, why should we think any different now? Appointing him would just highlight how far we've gone back in the last 12 months.

Steve Clarke - Although I would love him back in the backroom staff, he's unlikely to take that role and he's unproven as a manager.

Hiddink - He's been managing Korea, Australia and Russia in the last few years with a hint at PSV. Maybe he is too accustomed to international football now and isn't ready for an instant return to club management... Unspectacular.

Rikjaard - For me he's the best option at the moment. Did a good job at Barcelona, will have many contacts from them days, understands the importance of good football mixed with results and is a proven top club manager.

Mancini - Again, a very good manager and I would be excited if we appointed him. Did very well at Inter, my second choice.

Sven - Always have liked him, and I don't think he'd be the worst appointment by any means. Did well at England amd did well for City in his small tenure. My third choice.

Chelsea sack Scolari

Monday 9 February, 2009

Juventus' Champions League opponents Chelsea have sacked Luiz Felipe Scolari and Roberto Mancini has already denied links with the post.

Scolari, who led Brazil to World Cup glory in 2002, didn't enjoy the expected success at Stamford Bridge.

After last weekend's 0-0 draw with Hull City, Scolari has been relieved of his duties and assistant Ray Wilkins will temporarily step in.

“Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea with immediate effect,” a statement read.

"Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.

"In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.”

There have been suggestions that former Inter tactician Mancini will try his luck in England and Chelsea may have offered him that opportunity.

“Sadly nobody has contacted us,” Mancio's agent Giorgio De Giorgis told ANSA.

“I can rule out Roberto joining Chelsea. They have obviously looked for someone else.”