So now hes gone -who do we want ?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like HiddinK is going for the Job.... and I feel like is not so temporaly like he said.... This like Beackham situacion... ones he is in the Job He won´t go back... The only good thing about Hiddink is that Abramovich will spend some money to make his friend happy and make him stay. The problem will be if he say no....

I cant see Hiddink being the long term answer. I think he's adamant that this is only temporary. I really thought we would have put more thought into this and went for Rijkaard. Its just a short term fix imo. If Hiddink can steady the ship then so be it. One thing he will bring to the team is togetherness and with that I hope the fight will return to the squad to haul ourselves back into contention.

Maybe Hiddink is going to help steady the ship, like you said, and someone like Rijkaard will take over in the summer. That sounds more realistic to me.

At least if they bring in someone like Hiddink who has good enough qualities, then the person who takes over will hopefully opt to build on it. Hence, the Chelsea board will have a lot more time to think over who is really the right man for the job.

If anything, you would feel that the board thinking about the position too much would result in confusion, and during that time we would have to rely on Wilkins, who isn't really proven enough to be in charge.

I'm happy with the idea of Hiddink being temporary manager and I think now it looks like this will definitely happen.

He's a manager who's had a lot of success with many different International sides and also has European club experience, including experience of running a club job and an International job at the same time. He would hopefully steer us into the Champions League next season leaving us in a good position to attract a permanent manager in the summer who would be best suited in our interests. It'll be easier to find such a manager in the summer.

All in all I think the club have handled this the best way possible after they sacked Scolari, if Hiddink does take up the role that is.

I cant see Hiddink being the long term answer. I think he's adamant that this is only temporary. I really thought we would have put more thought into this and went for Rijkaard. Its just a short term fix imo. If Hiddink can steady the ship then so be it. One thing he will bring to the team is togetherness and with that I hope the fight will return to the squad to haul ourselves back into contention.

Well in the case... maybe if the club is going to take a "Long" term coach again...like always said.. Why don we star right now.??

For example is Rijkaard is the man... or maybe... let´s just wait... talk to him make a Deal and let him finish the season... and with this we will win some time with:

1 Let him used to the Premier and see how is the real deal.

2 Get in touch with the players Know each others

3 Make a Full diagnostic of the Good and Bad things of the team and preparate himself for the next season, I see how much can he spend and see Who can hire..

4 Give him time to talk with the new player he might want.

Mourinho was very defensive when he managed us. Just think of all those 1-0 wins we achieved and the way Makelele used to go about his own defensive midfield role. And with Essien hopefully coming back from injury soon, I'm sure Hiddink with spur players like him in the right direction.

Well in the case... maybe if the club is going to take a "Long" term coach again...like always said.. Why don we star right now.??

How can we start right now? Any manager we bring in can't sign any players until the summer, and most managers aren't available right now anyway. At least at the end of the season it will be easier to persuade clubs to let their successful young managers leave, which is what we need if we want to make a long term appointment. And anyway, a long term appointment will require a lot of research, and we need a manager NOW, not in a month.

Bring in Hiddink as temp manager, whilst in the meantime really do our homework on who would be the best new option. Bring them in early in the summer to allow them plenty of time to do their transfers and then maybe we'll be on our way to building a new successful team.

i can't believe that Abramovich is lurching from one ridculous decision after another, now he wants to bring in a manger on a temporary basis until the end of the season.

Huddink is the national manager of the Russian squad, and they want him to part time at CFC... so who apart from Nero thinks that anyone let alone Huddink can do a juggling act, FFS abramovich get a grip.

if he continues with this decision it'll be just as bad a choice as having Grunt back, i think what should happen is forget the stupid idea of part time manager and leave The Crab as manager, yeah he'll probaly fuck up then again we wern't going to win fuck all anyway, then when the season finishes look around and make the best possible choice, choose someone that's going to get rid of the drift wood at the club and start afresh, a younger man or woman who can inject fresh ideas.

Regards: JBD

..... or woman who can inject fresh ideas.

Regards: JBD

Woman eh ? Like the cut of your jib JBD.

Definitely a younger manager is required long term, Hiddink is 60 + and is in his own words 'doing Abramovich a favour'.

The other thing is, with a track record of managers coming and going, doing a few months work, knowing full well that their 2,3, or 5 year contact will be paid in full -wheres the incentive for them to do well if they're old ?

Woman eh ? Like the cut of your jib JBD.

Definitely a younger manager is required long term, Hiddink is 60 + and is in his own words 'doing Abramovich a favour'.

The other thing is, with a track record of managers coming and going, doing a few months work, knowing full well that their 2,3, or 5 year contact will be paid in full -wheres the incentive for them to do well if they're old ?

LOL

yeah but that's one of my points as you say Huddink is 60+ i'm not ageist but we need to start afresh and need a much younger ambitious manager where we find him or her :huh: is another matter.

and will Nero listen or understand, i very much doubt it.

regards: JBD

Edited by josesbluediamonds

Huddink is the national manager of the Russian squad, and they want him to part time at CFC... so who apart from Nero thinks that anyone let alone Huddink can do a juggling act, FFS abramovich get a grip.

He's done it before though, and its only short term. It can be done.

He's done it before though, and its only short term. It can be done.

Might be alright from Chelseas perspective, but keeping an eye on potential Russian squad members will be tricky. Doubtless Abramovich is laying on a personal jet to fly here, there, and fucking everywhere.

Russia have two games whilst hes with us - Azerbaijan in March and Liechtenstein in April....