THE SPECIAL ONE

José Mario dos Santos Félix

AKA: JOSE MOURINHO

jose-mourinho.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHHHH C`MON,.... SOMEONE PLEASE BE SERIUS ABOUT THIS.... ANCHELOTTI!!! HE CAN`T HAVE A NICE RUN WITH MILAN, HE IS PLAYING UEFA ....

Chelsea want Carlo Ancelotti to replace axed Phil Scolari.

SunSport understands the AC Milan boss had already been lined up to take over from Scolari this summer.

The Brazilian’s abrupt departure yesterday saw owner Roman Abramovich trying to accelerate a deal but Milan are unlikely to release Ancelotti in mid-season.

The Italian coach turned down the job at Stamford Bridge last summer before it was eventually offered to Scolari.

But an agreement with Milan he would leave at the end of this season had already been brokered and now Chelsea have reopened negotiations.

Milan have lined up their former player and ex-Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard to take over at the San Siro for 2009-10.

Only Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi can allow Ancelotti to leave before the end of the season.

If that permission is refused, Chelsea may have be forced to hire a caretaker until the summer.

Avram Grant, who left the club last May, has been mentioned as a possibility but would be an unpopular choice with the players.

Russia boss Guus Hiddink distanced himself from the hot-seat last night.

He told his squad training in Turkey: “I’m not concerned with what has been said about me elsewhere, I’m working here now.”

I will share this articule from Giles Smith from the Time Online... I will put just a part of it and tell you guys I totaly aggree with it.

Here the full Articule: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/col...icle5697634.ece

"...

Gianfranco Zola? It’s a huggable prospect. But he’s too young, surely. Plus, all managerial careers end in disappointment.

Do we really want to see that happen to Zola?

No. Most Chelsea fans would be happy, I think, if this was the moment we discovered that the departure of José Mourinho and his rift with Roman Abramovich was, like the death of Bobby Ewing in Dallas, nothing more than a bad dream. So, ripple, dissolve, and bring back the Special One, with a Zola/Steve Clarke backroom team seated on his left-hand side, and with Roberto Di Matteo as chief executive. Well, we can hope. "

We should be looking for a manager for the long term, cannot be appointing managers who are 60 plus because how many years would we actually get out of them. We had the perfect candidate to manage the club for 15 to 20 years in Mourinho and he was discarded...I feel he may actually be the only hope we have of ever reaching the heights we did under him.

We should be looking for a manager for the long term, cannot be appointing managers who are 60 plus because how many years would we actually get out of them. We had the perfect candidate to manage the club for 15 to 20 years in Mourinho and he was discarded...I feel he may actually be the only hope we have of ever reaching the heights we did under him.

He's not the only manager out there. If the board treat our new manager like the ManUre board do with theirs, he will win us titles.

I would say Rijkaard as well, but I feel he's overrated

he is overrated.

yes, he won the CL and stuff, but it is quite similar to Scolari winning the World Cup - done by outstanding players like Puyol Ronaldhino, a sharp Deco and so on.

he wasn´t capable to produce something special after that.

Bring back the Special One...only solution that makes me happy.

Couple positives about Rjikaard, who is now the bookies favourite, his barcelona team produced entertaining but winning football, he knows the european game well, and has a fair amount of respect. The major facto for me though is his age, I believe he is 46 which means he could be around for many years if he does a good job. Yes he is a bit of an arsehole, but thats exactly what everyone who doesnt support Chelsea thinks of Mourinho.

I'm the Rijk man for the job

FRANK RIJKAARD would be interested in taking over as Chelsea manager — but not as a stop-gap.

The Dutchman, 46, is currently out of work after leaving Barcelona last summer.

His impressive coaching CV includes the Champions League — a trophy craved by Blues fans.

And despite seeing four managers sacked since Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003, his agent Perry Overeem belives there would be no fear factor.

He said: "Frank is obviously a big fan of the game and so he can be interested in working in the Premier League.

“He would consider every serious job offer from one of the major teams in Europe and obviously Chelsea and the Premier League is one of those.”

“Of course the reputation of Chelsea doesn’t make it a lot easier and Frank would take some more time to consider the opportunity, but I don’t think Frank will be scared off by those statistics.

“He will just think of himself as maybe the one candidate who can stay there longer than those earlier coaches.

"“It all depends on the plans Chelsea have. It would be a fairly long-term plan, not just for one or one-and-a-half seasons,”

The Sun

For me there are not many candidates who would fit the bill of what we are trying to achieve, we need someone who tactically can be astute enough to make big chances to a game, and someone who can build for our future. Looking at what seems to be available i would say the choices we should be looking at are:

Hiddink

Rijkaard

O'Neil

I am a bit disturbed by the news coming from SSN that there is only 2 people on the list and the new man will be announced in 24 hours, and those 2 are Grant and Hiddink.

Grant got us to the CL final ? Would dispute that. The players got too the CL final despite Grant in my book, and Grant over Mancini ? having a laugh ?

Actually quite fancy the two Robertos, Mancini and Di Matteo would be fantastic. Both played at Lazio, and Di Matteo is probably better than Clarke as an ex Chelsea man