Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

absolutely disagree on him

he is a massive player

Never said he wasn't just that we only saw him in City's system. Same way the bulk of Sterling's career was at City.
He is better than Sterling ever was, and will likely be better than Sterling at 29 as well. That's besides the point: Sterling used to be a much better player for me.
I'm not even talking about finishing or passing, but basic things like work rate, movement, awareness.

Edited by robsblubot

I was impressed with Casadei on aerial duels. He won all 3 he was contesting. Can really use that, considering the lack of this skill in our midfield and attack.

Both teams were pretty sloppy on the night, but the 3 points are all that matters. Invincibles in March! COYB!

The middle of the park wasn't great today (Gallagher was OK tho)--same as D.
Thankfully Palmer put on a show. Jackson was alright.

Poch saw the same game I did tho, and introduced Mudryk because Newcastle D is slow and plays in a high line.

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Never said he wasn't just that we only saw him in City's system. Same way the bulk of Sterling's career was at City.
He is better than Sterling ever was, and will likely be better than Sterling at 29 as well. That's besides the point: Sterling used to be a much better player for me.
I'm not even talking about finishing or passing, but basic things like work rate, movement, awareness.

I stand by my original positing

no way does 3 out of 13 seasons being good to great, and the rest mediocre, make him a player worthy of the 6th highest ever valuation at one point

he also missed SO many chances in a lot of that 3 year period

Always got to make things harder for ourselves. Just look at Cucu's "determination" gift Newcastle some hope.

That aside, we close the gap to tenth place (actually sad to think about).

Mudryk done enough to start on Sunday?

Just now, LAM09 said:

Always got to make things harder for ourselves. Just look at Cucu's "determination" gift Newcastle some hope.

That aside, we close the gap to tenth place (actually sad to think about).

Mudryk done enough to start on Sunday?

We have a game in hand as well no?

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Where is everyone who were saying it would be a cake walk for Newcastle and we would be lucky not to be battered

wasnt a walk in the park now was it. 

still same old Chelsea over the last 2 years. just glad we got 3 points for once.

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

We have a game in hand as well no?

Yeah. Win that, and we go up to 8th. Hopefully, weekend results go our way as well.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I stand by my original positing

no way does 3 out of 13 seasons being good to great, and the rest mediocre, make him a player worthy of the 6th highest ever valuation at one point

he also missed SO many chances in a lot of that 3 year period

ah fair enough maybe that valuation was excessive, and it also contained the English tax.
Tbf, he never was a great finisher, but again, he used to be far far more mobile; still wish we had that player vs whatever we ended up with. 🤷‍♂️