Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle

not sure he was that overrated. I think he did reach a very high level when at City.

Something happened to him, like he lost a bit of pace, and/or power. Hard to tell from afar. Like a chronic groin that we never heard about. Sometimes it's just enough for a player to drop a tier.

Fantastic shot by Palmer! hahah

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

one of the most overrated wingers in the last 20 years

this is the alltime peak valuations on the planet for all footballers ever listed on T-Markt

954e4cd6c77251f6057b89b6e29c3c36.png

Pep tax

If it wasn't for Palmer , Poch wouldnt have made Christmas lol

Sterling on the other hand, how did I still feel he wasnt going to score at any time there, he's so bad

Edited by dreamcfc

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he was a complete product of the Pep system

he only, in 13 years, has had 3 good to great seasons

2017-2020

and so many were tap-ins due to the crazy effective Pep system led by De Bruyne, David and Bernardo Silva, İlkay Gündoğan, etc

87741f034157cdf52ecab4fe833fb257.png

Edited by Vesper

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he was a complete product of the Pep system

That can be said of most City players. It's always difficult to imagine them in a different system and then it becomes guesswork.
I think it's more likely he was just a much better player when a bit younger and that's exactly why City let him go.
It's not that uncommon for wingers as they rely a lot on pace and power.

Can think of Willian who literally dropped a tier once he lost pace: in his case from good to average.

Edited by robsblubot