Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

7th Europa league 8th Conference.

we will turn down Confrence League if we qualify

so little prize money and we would have to go under the far stricter UEFA FFP scheme to play in it

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we will turn down Confrence League if we qualify

so little prize money and we would have to go under the far stricter UEFA FFP scheme to play in it

What if we play Europa League qualifier and relegate to the Conference League, can we still reject? 

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

What if we play Europa League qualifier and relegate to the Conference League, can we still reject? 

at that point, if we are playing in the Europa League, we would have already agreed to submit to the UEFA FFP regime, so it would not matter

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Gusto, Palmer and Caicedo all fucking excellent last night

Gusto and Palmer are very good players. They're probably the only two signings since the Cowboys came in where you can say we got value for money. You can maybe add Petro to that list. 

As for Caicedo, I wasn't impressed again. Sure he puts himself about and loves a tackle but so does Gallagher and he gets call 'Gallagdog' for it. For me Caicedo is still having little to no impact on the ball and his habit of having to go to ground to tackle is largely due to his habit of getting into a bad position. As Maldini said, 'if I have to tackle, it is because I have done something wrong'. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Gusto and Palmer are very good players. They're probably the only two signings since the Cowboys came in where you can say we got value for money. You can maybe add Petro to that list. 

As for Caicedo, I wasn't impressed again. Sure he puts himself about and loves a tackle but so does Gallagher and he gets call 'Gallagdog' for it. For me Caicedo is still having little to no impact on the ball and his habit of having to go to ground to tackle is largely due to his habit of getting into a bad position. As Maldini said, 'if I have to tackle, it is because I have done something wrong'. 

I agree with bits of your Caicedo analogy and I have been his biggest critic on here at times. The last few games he has made a massive contribution, some of his little pinch tackles at crucial areas of games has been superb. It might not be the glitzy last ditch challenge but him pinching the ball and breaking up attacks and play has been really good and something some will overlook. He is far from the 100M player we paid for but I can see him only getting better.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I agree with bits of your Caicedo analogy and I have been his biggest critic on here at times. The last few games he has made a massive contribution, some of his little pinch tackles at crucial areas of games has been superb. It might not be the glitzy last ditch challenge but him pinching the ball and breaking up attacks and play has been really good and something some will overlook. He is far from the 100M player we paid for but I can see him only getting better.

Personally, I am not a fan of those, just simply because I think they only happen because something else has gone wrong. Hence, why I was never a fan of Zouma although he did some spectacular ones. 

As for Caicedo, I get why people are feeling he is playing better - and he is - however the points your highlighting are still traits you Associate with players of the technical ability of Gallagher. For me, I just simply do not think he is good enough. To play the position he is, you either need great passing under pressure- see Mikel or Jorginho - or you need to be able to break the lines with your running on the ball - see Kante or Yaya Toure. For me, being a scrappy ball winner isn't something we can rely on long term even if he is great at it. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's Enzo I am worried about. Not Caicedo. 

Having only 1 good game in 5 under Poch. 

Funnily enough, I have been ok with Enzo the past few weeks as I have seen improvement in his positioning and off the ball running to go along with his long passing. He still needs to work on his vision and executing of his short/sharpe passes but I think if it is true he was/is playing with a hernia, then these things will come once fully fit.

Edited by King Kante