Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace

James

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Where are they playing now? Kovacic is average now? Kai is getting Arsenal points.... if he is average what the fuck is Madueke then?
Pulisic would be a sure starter in this squad... he starts for Milan regularly.

I stated first two for a reason. One has been forgotten, and the other has been a running joke for his club despite his price tag. Madueke wasn't part of the quote, so....

Just look at my post a page or two back to see where I believe our exceptions are compared to a side that were CWC holders - 

Are we a PL winner or, arguably, a CL-calibre side, probably not. However, we are far from the midtable fodder that Poch is slowly turning us into. If you believe we're tenth place or below standard, fair enough.

21 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed, but I don't know to what extent that's already been done or not. It could be that they are doing a good job, but it's taking time for the youngsters to understand, and especially put it into practice.
I've always played (amateur level along some semi-pro players) mid/forward and always struggled in defensive positions. Played FB a few times and it was always a struggle. Reading of the game is hard. 🙂 Trying to guess what pacey players will do is hard. Esp at this level where the opposition plays so quickly, you have to be quick to read the other team's movement.

Like you, I played at a decent level even on trial at Newcastle United and Hearts during my teenage years, but I played as Mid/CB, and reading the game was something my dad who coached me for most of my life drilled into our team from a young age. You have to know where the danger is, in that situation putting yourself between the ball and the nearest attacking player.

Just now, JFKvsNixon said:

XG takes into account the difficulty of the chance, for example the XG of Jackson's miss would be higher than the XG of Broja's.  So you can see that even though Palace had more shots, and more shots on target, our XG was almost 2 goals better which does accurately reflects how the game panned out.

Even if you don't trust XG completely, and believe that as I suggested, instead of perfuming to our XG, we were only 10 points better off, then our season would be looking a whole lot different. That also doesn't take into account the negativity associated with not scoring chances, it makes all of the team hesitant and insecure, when defenders worry that one mistake will cost us the match.

fair enough. 👍

And yes, I definitely agree that a competent striker/attacker esp if ready (not another project) could be making the difference, which would might also improve the confidence of the young players in the team.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I stated first two for a reason. One has been forgotten, and the other has been a running joke for his club despite his price tag. Madueke wasn't part of the quote, so....

Just look at my post a page or two back to see where I believe our exceptions are compared to a side that were CWC holders - 

Are we a PL winner or, arguably, a CL-calibre side, probably not. However, we are far from the midtable fodder that Poch is slowly turning us into. If you believe we're tenth place or below standard, fair enough.

I do. This team as-is is nowhere near CL qualification IMO. It's also a new team built from scratch, which was not the case last season.

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Commentator said he was red carded 18 times 😄

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/10-players-red-cards-football-history-ramos-pochettino

#9 Mauricio Pochettino- 13 reds

most:

#2 Sergio Ramos- 26 reds

#1 Gerardo Bedoya- 46 reds

Just now, Vesper said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/10-players-red-cards-football-history-ramos-pochettino

#9 Mauricio Pochettino- 13 reds

most:

#2 Sergio Ramos- 26 reds

#1 Gerardo Bedoya- 46 reds

Also fought with Drogba when they played in France, lol.

Just now, DDA said:

I thought Lavia looked good when he came on. Could end up being a really important player for us with his playing through the lines.

Caicedo was hurrendous.

Yep, Lavia looked really clued in from the moment he came on.

Didn't show signs of rustiness despite being months out.

And that's saying something, considering he's only a teenager.

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Also did anyone else also enjoy our youth player Gilchrist's enthusiasm today?

This is what I want to see from Chelsea academy players.

Would like to see more of him on the pitch.

I mean look at this gif

Giving me John Terry vibes 😂

21 minutes ago, whats happening said:

looks like lavia got injured today

Don't play with this 

How would that even be possible 

He just came back and played like 20 mins 

Edited by NikkiCFC