Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Those 3 and Hoeness (tough pull) are the shortlist according to Athletic. 

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. These are the names being put out there and none would inspire an ounce of confidence or excitement for me if we appoint them. 

I know some are down on De Zerbi but he is someone I would 100% be able to get behind and be super excited about. Think he’d get our young squad playing great football quickly.

21 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

This fellow verifies me about the Poch system:

I'd suggest that this is a little out of date. Here's a more up to date analysis of Chelsea towards the end of the season:

The more I read the more I feel Enzo might be the front runner here due to his Pep and Shields connections. My concern is Leicester weren't amazing last year, so what's prompts it? The fact he has worked with Pep, Shields, Palmer and Lavia? 

12 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

I'd suggest that this is a little out of date. Here's a more up to date analysis of Chelsea towards the end of the season:

The new Cucurella was a pleasant surprise, he played his part.
But as I said the drawback of all this is no clean sheets and Bournemouth the day before created a horrendous amount of chances.
The statistics also show it: More goals scored but also more conceded.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But you cannot compare 50m or 100m youngsters with 4 Liverpool academy players that no one heard before. 

Just because we paid 50 or 100m doesn't make them 100m worth of player, we over paid for nearly all our transfers!

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Looking at both teams:

Liverpool: Kelleher, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Mac Allister, Gakpo, Elliott, Robertson, Gravenberch, Bradley.

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Tsimikas, Clark, McConnell, Koumas, Danns, Quansah, Nyoni.

Chelsea: Petrovic; Gusto, Disasi, Colwill, Chilwell (c); Caicedo, Enzo; Palmer, Gallagher, Sterling; Jackson

Chelsea substitutes: Sanchez, Bettinelli, Chalobah, Gee, Gilchrist, Tauriainen, Madueke, Mudryk, Nkunku

I wonder which side had more unknown youngsters in the final.  The fact that we had attackers on the bench and they had no-one and we still couldn't buy a goal that day...

Again names on a sheet means nothing in this situation, our team was a new young team, first time most have played in the league and in this cup, first ever final as a team and at that point we weren't doing great anyway, compare that to a club that's had solid foundations and a style of play in place for the last 7 years and a team that is completely gelled. If our team had stability and a good 2 seasons together I would agree with you, but the fact is we didn't, a well oiled machine is a well oiled machine regardless what parts are used.

32 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The new Cucurella was a pleasant surprise, he played his part.
But as I said the drawback of all this is no clean sheets and Bournemouth the day before created a horrendous amount of chances.
The statistics also show it: More goals scored but also more conceded.

Which leads me to believe potter started on the defensive side of our game before the attacking to make us harder to beat, where poch went for the attacking side straight away because last year we couldn't score for shit

I know that nothing we as supporters do will change their so called “ plan” but for the first time ever I think some sort of PROTEST should be made to the owners , to show how many supporters are very worried about  a) the way the club is being run b) the lack of communication to the fans c) the continual change of manager d) the recruitment policy leaving us with little experience and requiring us to sell the likes of Mason and now Conor/Trevor to try and balance the books. E) the fact that their actions are making the club look like a bad joke to the general footballing public

11 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Which leads me to believe potter started on the defensive side of our game before the attacking to make us harder to beat, where poch went for the attacking side straight away because last year we couldn't score for shit

Potter did something like that to ill effect.
Poch replicated Potter early on then changed his mind.
Still we need a better defense like when we had Kante and Rudiger in the team and also note that now Thiago is gone.

Posted (edited)

Well I won't bother any more with worrying for a coach. Because they don't sack the one who made the decision in hiring in the first place. 

It's like people here who rate this manager and when they don't produce they sack him. So they if your record of picking a manager failed why we should listen to you? 

Similar here the one who picked poch should be sack as well get a better medical depe. 

Edited by Fernando

3 minutes ago, Seymop said:

I know that nothing we as supporters do will change their so called “ plan” but for the first time ever I think some sort of PROTEST should be made to the owners , to show how many supporters are very worried about  a) the way the club is being run b) the lack of communication to the fans c) the continual change of manager d) the recruitment policy leaving us with little experience and requiring us to sell the likes of Mason and now Conor/Trevor to try and balance the books. E) the fact that their actions are making the club look like a bad joke to the general footballing public

Do they really want to make Chelsea a cross between West Ham and Queens Park Rangers ?
The clubs who sell their good players are doomed.
Maybe somebody makes money, maybe these players like to move, but the clubs are doomed.

21 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Poch did nothing unusual here. All the information was there. So whoever appointed him should get fired as well immediately. 

No top coach is going to accept zero say in transfers

Another player,Jackson,has come out and said how disappointed the players are that Poch has gone.

God knows who will take this poisoned challis 🙈🙈😭😭

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Clueless. Both deserved to be sacked long ago never mind now. Running the club into mediocrity. This isn’t Monaco or Southampton, this is Chelsea FC.

Said it last season and this summer last, a few more senior players in and around the squad in key positions would have made a huge difference.

That's my opinion too, and I suspect Todd Boehly was of the same opinion as well.

But Eghbali and the upper-echelon of Clownlake are behind the push for younger squads and younger managers (who behave like yes-men).

But hey, they'll look at their data and show that, using their methods, the team finished higher this season compared to the last (which is dumb, considering we used to be a top 4 team anyway).

They don't care about the why and the how. It's all about their process to increase the resale value of the club.