Jump to content

The Next Manager?


 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Styles said:

Will be funny if Italy flop at the Euros. Mood around here will darken quick haha

I would prefer if they go out first round so he can start working with the team that sooner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Can't agree with this.  He made a commitment to Italy, and to abandon them right before the tournament would be disgraceful IMO.  There's a reason why international managers manager's contracts usually end after major tournaments.  It's the culmination of 2 years hard work.

I don't think City fans expected Pep to quit Bayern right before the knock-out stages of the CL started.

I'd have less respect if did just leave them in the lurch.No reason to Scolari didn't that time.Plus if know now whose coming hopefully give time to prepare before euros rather then after.in dream world anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I would prefer if they go out first round so he can start working with the team that sooner.

Same but a losing manager is the last thing we need. He needs a deep run to keep up appearances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Styles said:

Same but a losing manager is the last thing we need. He needs a deep run to keep up appearances.

Think the more important thing is to see how Italy fare under Conte in that tournament. They haven't been entirely convincing so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Antonio Conte on Monday told the Italian FA that he would not be signing a contract extension to remain as head coach. [Guardian]

Conte’s future will be on the agenda of a board meeting on Tuesday. It could signal official confirmation of a move to #Chelsea. [Guardian]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Antonio Conte on Monday told the Italian FA that he would not be signing a contract extension to remain as head coach. [Guardian]

Conte’s future will be on the agenda of a board meeting on Tuesday. It could signal official confirmation of a move to #Chelsea. [Guardian]

The same thing that you have posted before. :yawn::middlefinger:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Can only speculate on Conte's tactics, but I really hope he goes for 4-4-2 with two pure centre forwards. No Oscar and no "number 10" bullshit, just the two centre midfielders, two wide midfielders and two strikers. Leicester thrive under this system and it seems that it is the perfect match for EPL these days. You can also cover an awful lot of space on the pitch by using it.

in the 4-4-2 formation who would you buy to partner costa upfront ??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Can only speculate on Conte's tactics, but I really hope he goes for 4-4-2 with two pure centre forwards. No Oscar and no "number 10" bullshit, just the two centre midfielders, two wide midfielders and two strikers. Leicester thrive under this system and it seems that it is the perfect match for EPL these days. You can also cover an awful lot of space on the pitch by using it.

Imagine a striker partnership between Dybala or Cavani with Costa in that 4-4-2 formation....delicious! :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

in the 4-4-2 formation who would you buy to partner costa upfront ??? 

Well, Chelsea seems bound to miss Champions League football next season, so I find it hard that the likes of Higuain, Benzema or any other top striker could be persuaded into coming here. My choice would be Cavani, though. Read this morning that Paris have decided to let him go this summer should anyone meet their evaluation - £31m. Fair price if you ask me. Hard working and a superb player in his day. Still a predator, shame he had a superstar like Ibrahimovic as his competitor for the centre forward spot. I know he is 29 already, but who cares. Luis Suarez is 29, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fabio Capello: "Congratulations to Conte. But Chelsea is a club that does not protect you like Juventus." #CFC (Corriere dello Sport)

Chelsea target Antonio Conte expected to confirm Italy exit

Reports in Italy that Antonio Conte has told Italy FA that he's leaving to take Chelsea job after Euro 2016. Italy FA board meeting tomorrow

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we go with two strikers it should be Costa plus another more creative striker ala Aguero/Tevez. Think two typical finishers like Costa and Cavani would not work. At juve, Tevez was as i remember also half playmaker and thats something Cavani or Costa or Higuain cant do. For two strikers we will need someone else to play along Costa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

National team performance of a manager hardly indicates anything about his performance in club competitions and vice versa. His transfer list which he can't have as a national team manager is much more important for us than what he does in the Euro cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • 0 members are here!

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...