The Next Manager?

I am personally excited about this; ultimately it comes to down to alignment between recruitment and the manager. If we sign players that compliment and Maresca wants to do he will be a success. Purchase players that are square peg in round hole and we know how that will go.

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Well I don't like the fact we have to be attacked to then attack lol I don't like the fact it's kinda a one trick pony way of playing as we have been found out when teams just sit deep and we had no idea. It's a dangerous but entertaining way to play I grant you that.

Ok I get you. The way I see it is that being attacked is inevitable but when winning back the ball you have a choice. Either you play it forward quickly, make runs off the ball, try to surpass the opposition defence before it has re-formed. IMO it’s his gives you a higher chance of scoring. Alternatively you can play it around the back, allow the opponent to settle down and try to find a way through an organised defense. What I experienced when watching us early last season, esp at the bridge that we did allow teams to settle after winning the ball but seldom had the creativity or the threat from range etc to slice through their defence . Only when we started pressing higher, attack early and play more on the counter like in the latter stages of the season we saw results. 
the problem with possession based football is there is no middle ground. Either you unlock teams with some slick moves and it is glorious or you make absolute fools of yourselves losing vs relegation fodder after having 70% possession. With the lack of creativity and positional intelligence of our current crop i can see us going down the latter path. 

I have no words for the possession football, pass from side to side? Great, how often have we seen that anyway? Why are journos and posters acting like we didn't pass it side to side already? God damn this is beyond frustrating. It's not only the type of football it's the type of person, De Zerbi takes no shit, like Conte, our squad needs coaching individually, I can't get behind this appointment, LIDL Pep, great.

Maresca was who I wanted from the beginning. De Zerbi has crashed and burned this season. I am not willing to give him the injury card either. Everyone outside Man City had to deal with massive injuries. Last year when de Zerbi said he didn’t care about trophies, I could never take him serious after that.

Maresca has a plan for every player out on the pitch. The kids need that kind of detail for what they are doing out there. I was ambivalent about Poch coming because he is a serial loser in finals. I am pretty excited about this appointment.

9 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

One big box is ticked. This was a response about Leicester upcoming transfers. 

Well that should settle it music to Clearlake's ears.  Welcome Enzo

5 hours ago, Mário César said:

so weird to get a manager that managed in championship

our lowest standard since 20 years ago 

I don't like it either., but Spurs got Ange from the Celtic league. Hardly a step up., so it's not unfathomable. 

Also, Abramovich hired Lampard.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

This marisca guy gives off massive fraud vibes. It’s not even as if Leicester played some stellar season or scintillating football. They had by far the best squad and still lost 11 games and scored just 1,9 goals per game. 
I understand many were not happy with TT and his football. But no one can deny he is leagues above the coaches we have been linked with. Apparently Clownlake etc had informal talks with TT recently and he would like to come back but they acted like absolute oafs so the chance is now gone. 

Clownlake is probably interested only because the sporting directors have worked with him before. If this doesn't work, this is on them.

I'm sure Estevao and Paez will love that type of football.

We've had side to side football for years now, this is such a ridiculous appointment, I'd rather have stuck with Poch given the choice, and that's says something.

Posted (edited)

If its true that Clearlake wanted De Zerbi and the sporting directors Maresca and we get Maresca, these sporting directors surely are putting their jobs on the line here. So they must be very very sure about him. 

If he fails, we will have to rebuild our whole structure again tho. 

At least he is Italian too. We tend to win titles with Italian managers. 

Edited by Gundalf

i can alerady see that we are appoingint maresca, brighton mcenna, we struggle they overachieve and the moaning here will be unbeareable, with half of the users are swearing they always wanted mckenna and that it was the obvious choice